Shame on the Red Sox

MCP

They just traded Bronson Arroyo after he took less money to remain with the redsox...

I'd be pissed if I were Arroyo

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
MCP said:
They just traded Bronson Arroyo after he took less money to remain with the redsox...

Good point. That is pretty shameful.

Seems like a Carlos Boozer story just the other way around.

MCP said:

Pissed wouldn't begin to describe my feelings if I was him.

I'd be fucking uncontrollably psycho.

That's just beyond fucking shitty IMO.

UWinSports said:
Its buisness. Theo isnt running a popularity contest. He is doing his job.

GL and God Bless

I agree it is a business. But there is something called Business ETHICS.

The Devil

EOG Master
There is very little loyalty in sports anymore, players screw the owners and owners screw the players......it is a business first and sport second.....

shortbus said:
I agree it is a business. But there is something called Business ETHICS.

I hear ya. But my team the Rams got Bruce to agree to less money this year. But if approached by another team, say Cincy offered Chad Johnson straight up in a trade. What do you think would happen. The Sox got a much better deal in this trade.

GL and God Bless

MCP

you don't trade a 3+ pitch pitcher for platooning OF.. I think cinci got the better end of this.

UWIN you are right. Bronson was going to the bullpen in BOSTON and he would rather start. In CINCY he will get the chance to be a 1 or 2 starter.

PENA has a great scouting report. BUSINESS is BUSINESS!!!! MAY'N!!!

TONY MONTANA said:
UWIN you are right. Bronson was going to the bullpen in BOSTON and he would rather start. In CINCY he will get the chance to be a 1 or 2 starter.

PENA has a great scouting report. BUSINESS is BUSINESS!!!! MAY'N!!!

Finally somebody with baseball knowledge.

GL and God Bless

If Business is business why did all you Boston fans cry when Johnny Damon took more money to go to the Yankees. In that case its personal and most Red Sox fans are hating the business but when your own team fucks over a good guy and good player who shockly enough wanted to stay a red sox then you become heartless and saying will its business. Just another example of fans having there cake and eating it too. Not to worry however this kind of thing usually comes back to bite a team in the ass down the road cause do you think a free agent is going to show any loyality to Boston or believe anything management is saying when it comes time for Boston to open up the checkbook.

DMMD98 I was sad to see Johnny leave, but I understand 100% it's a business.
BUT don't think that players don't want to stay in BOSTON, because other than MANNY's wife and WELLS sometimes players love this new management group and the greatest baseball town in the world.

HELL Damon is still singing the blues about being unwanted in BOSTON!! The only reason he is a YANKEE is because BUSINESS is BUSINESS!!

THEO thinks of the team first and he didn't sign ARROYO to his contract. Players and agents were pissed at ARROYO for taking the deal, because the writing was on the wall. Someone had to go! CLEMENT and WELLS are hard to move and ARROYO was the odd may'n out!

This move allows the SOX to let TROT walk at the end of the season and clears the way for a big fish in 2007 like DEREK LEE!! and players could careless how BRONSON was treated. All they want is ""SHOW ME THE MONEY"" and the SOX have plenty.

I hate to see BRONSON gone, but if it helps the SOX great!!:+cool-1+

TONY MONTANA said:
DMMD98 I was sad to see Johnny leave, but I understand 100% it's a business.
BUT don't think that players don't want to stay in BOSTON, because other than MANNY's wife and WELLS sometimes players love this new management group and the greatest baseball town in the world.

HELL Damon is still singing the blues about being unwanted in BOSTON!! The only reason he is a YANKEE is because BUSINESS is BUSINESS!!

THEO thinks of the team first and he didn't sign ARROYO to his contract. Players and agents were pissed at ARROYO for taking the deal, because the writing was on the wall. Someone had to go! CLEMENT and WELLS are hard to move and ARROYO was the odd may'n out!

This move allows the SOX to let TROT walk at the end of the season and clears the way for a big fish in 2007 like DEREK LEE!! and players could careless how BRONSON was treated. All they want is ""SHOW ME THE MONEY"" and the SOX have plenty.

I hate to see BRONSON gone, but if it helps the SOX great!!:+cool-1+

Exactly your loyality is to team and not the player so fans shouldn't complain when a player is loyal to himself and goes where the money is be in Boston or Chicago in the case of Derek Lee (or Tony Clark 2000 like i perfer to call him) then who can blame them. Word of mouth travels fast and this move will come back to effect Boston one way or another when it asks a player for a hometown discount "for the good of the team"