So the one sports team that does go the White House and.....

howid

EOG Dedicated
no choice.

members of the White House staff are furloughed and couldn’t make a meal for the Monday night event.

President Donald Trump talks to the media about the table full of fast food in the State Dining Room of the White House.AP

WASHINGTON – It’s a meal fit for a champion served by the fast food-loving commander-in-chief.
President Trump bought piles of burgers – 1,000 he said – and slices of pizza from fast food joints to feed the Clemson University football team, as members of the White House staff are furloughed and couldn’t make a meal for the Monday night event.
“So I had a choice,” Trump told members of the college National Championship team in the East Room at an even honoring them.
“Do we have no food for you? Or do we give you some quick little salads that the first lady will make along with the second lady. They’ll make some salads. And I said you guys aren’t into salads.”
Instead the president said he sent out for 1,000 burgers.
“We’ve got Big Macs, We’ve got Quarter Pounders, we’ve got everything that I like and you like,” the president said.
On the menu were eats from McDonald’s, Wendy’s and Burger King. Domino’s Pizza was served too. French fries were served in little White House cups. The smell of the fries hung over the East Room.
Earlier White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders released a statement blaming the Democrats for putting Trump in this position.
“The president wanted to host a fun event to celebrate the College Football National Champion Clemson Tigers. Because the Democrats refuse to negotiate on border security, much of the residence staff at the White House is furloughed – so the president is personally paying for the event to be catered with some of everyone’s favorite fast foods,” Huckabee Sanders said.
Modal TriggerGuests attending a reception for the Clemson Tigers grab fast food sandwiches in the State Dining Room.AP
Trump told reporters outside the White House that he had paid the bill.
“We have some very large people that like eating,” Trump said. “So I think we’re going to have a little fun.”
At the event, Trump stood alongside the Tigers coach Dabo Swinney and university president Jim Clements. He marveled at quarterback Trevor Lawrence.
“I want to be the agent of that tall handsome quarterback,” Trump commented. While telling other players they’re likely to become “wealthy as hell.”
He was less impressed by some of the fans in the room, including Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin. “Where’s Steve?” the president asked. “Couldn’t make the team, he would never be able to make the team, that I can tell you,” Trump said, commenting on Mnuchin’s athletic prowess. He continued on by noting how Acting Attorney General Matt is a “great player” and was in the Rose Bowl.
“Congratulations on your stunning victory against a great team. And your second national championship in three years,” he told the teammates, who he invited for a private showing of the Oval Office.
The Clemson Tigers defeated Alabama 44-16 on Jan. 7 to go 15-0 and become national champions. Trump also met with the Clemson team in 2017 after they won the 2016 national championship in 2016 by beating Alabama 35-31. He met with Alabama last year after they defeated Georgia 26-23 to win the championship.

Attachments

• 1547546147035.gif
    1547546147035.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 1
  • 1547546147083.gif
    1547546147083.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 1

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I think I saw some heat lamps over the fries. Half the time when you order those burgers are cold anyway especially at the drive thru.

kane

EOG master
no choice.

No choice? Are you fucking kidding me? So I suppose if some foreign leaders were visiting the WH, the lying orange puppet would have fed them McDonald's as well, right? GMAFB. The puppet finally finds a team willing to go to the WH, and he feeds them fast food, every day the puppet finds news ways to embarrass himself and the country.

E$

EOG Dedicated
What’s he supposed to do, make Ivanka cook for all of them?

These are college kids, probably thrilled to get some free McDonalds.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
No choice? Are you fucking kidding me? So I suppose if some foreign leaders were visiting the WH, the lying orange puppet would have fed them McDonald's as well, right? GMAFB. The puppet finally finds a team willing to go to the WH, and he feeds them fast food, every day the puppet finds news ways to embarrass himself and the country.

.........and every day it gets more and more laughably awful with only his MAGAts standing by him

kane

EOG master
Clemson QB tweet disputes the bullshit out of the leftist media

Like I've posted before, you and the rest of the Trumptards will believe anything coming from right wing media, how sad you can't think for yourself and choose to believe the lies you get fed on a daily basis.

kane

EOG master
Clemson QB tweet disputes the bullshit out of the leftist media

Here's the fake tweet

"President Trump got all out favorite foods, it was the best meal we ever had. Then we go and see the coastal elite media trashing it for not being organic vegan. We're football players, not bloggers. This was a perfect blue collar party."

The thought that anyone would actually believe this is something Lawrence would tweet is scary, Cheapseats is a true believer, the poor guy swallows everything the alt right media feeds him and asks for more. It's hard to imagine how incredibly stupid someone has to be to actually believe Lawrence tweeted that