Sports Bar ; Your favorites? List em' please.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
What are the top sports bars in the country? Around here I have to mention Damons (Indy) & Kilroys (Bloomington). Not sure either would make a top 10 or 20 list country wide though.

I guess I will have to make my obligatory "Eskimo Joes" post, although it's not really a sports bar and I honestly don't care much for it :rolleyes:

Coolidge Corner Clubhouse!!

I used to live a 5 minute walk from there. Nowdays the walk is a little longer and includes a swin (i.e. from Sweden -> Brookline, MA).

The place is sadly missed!

farbror said:
Coolidge Corner Clubhouse!!

I used to live a 5 minute walk from there. Nowdays the walk is a little longer and includes a swin (i.e. from Sweden -> Brookline, MA).

The place is sadly missed!

Dang, never been there, The Avenue is kind of a sports bar now I guess, it on Comm Ave in Brighton, but my favoriteis is in North End I forgot the name, but it's like a big playground I swear, all the Bostonian bookies are there every day summer time, they got about 7-8 huge flat screen, and during Baseball season they show everygame on them, plus another 4-5 small TV mounted in the cilling, they got billiard tables, you can order food and drink your self retarded out there. Love that place, going to defenetly visit this baseball season, and I also enjoy any outside bar on Cape Code summer time that's the best experiance I ever had, feel the sea breath evrything else is quiet,only the TV comentators screems the stats from the TV:+signs8-1 :cheers

Coachs Corner in Savannah, GA. Huge BULLDAWG headquaters, so I love to go there decked out in AUBURN gear. It made ESPN's list of best in the country.

waco

EOG Dedicated
The greatest sports bar in the usa is the Beer Hunter in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. 55 screens and of all sizes. Even got a tv in the rest rooms. they have 28 tv's behind the bar and 2 giants screens. Fans line up an hour before pub opens.

Uncle Butternutts

EOG Addicted
Not a single one around here worth a damn anymore.

the ones that have the best large screen HD sets, have shit food and/or staff.

the ones that have the hotties, have shit t.v.'s.

the ones that have good food, have fugly staff, and/or shit t.v's.

it's all one or the other here.

i'd have to go with Wacko's Gentlemans Club.

if i get there early, i can sut next to the big screen, and still see the stage..and, the wings are o.k. :D

Hey Banker,

Back in the day, was the Sav'h bar you mentioned called the Sports Page??? On Abercorn between like Wilshire and Montgomer X Roads????

Man, you are taking me back to my youth. As a lover of the dance, I must ask if Tops, Classy Cats and Uncle Buck's are still around.

CYOGURU

EOG Enthusiast
The General said:
What are the top sports bars in the country? Around here I have to mention Damons (Indy) & Kilroys (Bloomington). Not sure either would make a top 10 or 20 list country wide though.

General not a big fan of Damons, but I have left Kilroys shitfaced many times in my days at IU. The old Sports bar in downtown Indy was one of my favorites.

waco said:
The greatest sports bar in the usa is the Beer Hunter in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. 55 screens and of all sizes. Even got a tv in the rest rooms. they have 28 tv's behind the bar and 2 giants screens. Fans line up an hour before pub opens.

LMAO a Beer Hunter sighting. Is OK.

My favorite was Gators in JAcksonville. All the corporate chicks went there, as did the Hooters girls quite an ecclectic mix. Add in a few of the Jags in the spirng and it was a party. Sort of small but top notch talent.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
The old Sports bar in downtown Indy was one of my favorites.

Agreed. Mr Audio used to run the sound there back in the day.

BTW, one of my most memorable nights was at Kilroys. The daughter of the President of the company I worked for and I spent some quality time that night and dad didn't like that to well. I wasn't good enough for his sugar. To be honest I don't know what she seen in me, but she liked me. Wish that would have worked out. Dad put the hammer down and sent message down the chain of command to me that I should cease this immediately. I wish she would have got pregnant so I could have called him DAD! LOL

Any bar in the Wrigleyville area of Chicago is a winner. Lets see, you have:

Cubby Bear
Murphy's
Hi-Tops (where the DePaul women come out to play)
John Barleycorn's
Goose Island
Sports Corner

I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting at the moment. All these bars are surrounded around Wrigley Field. On gameday, its like Mardi Gras, espically the night games.

pvcpipe

EOG Master
aceduecetrey said:
Tootsies Caberet in Miami.

that place changed my life about three years ago. if i lived in miami, i'd go there until it broke me of house and home. which wouldn't take long.

aceduecetrey

EOG Addicted
pvcpipe said:
that place changed my life about three years ago. if i lived in miami, i'd go there until it broke me of house and home. which wouldn't take long.
You should check out the new one, I am speechless when trying to describe it. !00+ big screens and probably close to 400 in all. The place is about the size of a Arena football venue. The girls.....well the girls are where I become speechless!