Sports Trivia Thread....

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Re: Sports Trivia Thread....

Gotta be Frank Thomas. :finger004

You would blow it, but it was pretty obvious coming from me. An amazing statistic for all that don't realize how good Frank was. The last guy to do it before him was Ted Williams - Babe Ruth and Mel Ott are the only others to have done it.

As for Jimmy - there's no doubt Alex Rodriguez has done it. He went 40-40 as a short stop, so he's gone 30-20.

Answers should be Rollins, A-Rod, and Hanley.

rjt721

EOG Master

No idea on the third. I think Tulo has gotten to 30 HR but don't think he's stolen 20.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I guess you're not counting A-Rod as a "current" SS because he plays another position. Last one would be Tulo I'd guess.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I think Tulo has stolen 20 before, that's my guess. RJ doesn't know bases so I gotta be right.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

You would blow it, but it was pretty obvious coming from me. An amazing statistic for all that don't realize how good Frank was. The last guy to do it before him was Ted Williams - Babe Ruth and Mel Ott are the only others to have done it.

As for Jimmy - there's no doubt Alex Rodriguez has done it. He went 40-40 as a short stop, so he's gone 30-20.

Answers should be Rollins, A-Rod, and Hanley.

Ok that's where I went wrong because I emphasized current.

jimmythegreek

Only 4 active members of the 400 home run club have never played on a team that won the World Series. Can you name them?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Some of these can easily be found by using "google".

Lets try to come up with some questions that are harder to search for!

The 400 homeruns and no WS win is like the first thing on google when you type it in.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

The question I came up with last time....

The only player in baseball history to hold the SEASON Batting Average high for 2 different teams?....

....is not easily searchable.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

There are 2 teams since 2000 that have had at least 7 players hit 20 homeruns (in the same seaon). Which 2 teams?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

I have 3 others up and loaded when someone answers the question above.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Never mind. White Sox have had 6 guys do it like 5 times but I don't think 7. Crede fucked "us" in 2008 when he got hurt 90 games into the season with 17 HR's. He would have gotten to 20, and the Sox would be an answer.

They woulda done it in '04 too if Frank didn't get hurt 90 games into the season. He had 18 when he got hurt.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Next guess is just a shot in the dark, since I would guess it's not the Sox or Yanks (too obvious) and the NL blows balls so I'll go with the Blue Jays??

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

It was the Blue Jays....

Can you guess the year....HINT...2 players hit 40 homers for that team!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Ivan Rodirguez broke the single season American League home run record with 35 in 1999. Who's record did he break?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Ivan Rodirguez broke the single season American League home run record for a CATCHER with 35 in 1999. Who's record did he break?

jimmythegreek

It was the Blue Jays....

Can you guess the year....HINT...2 players hit 40 homers for that team!

There are only certain questions that can be answered by google, and most are thought out by recent common knowledge.

The answer is Tony Batista and Carlos Delgado in '00.

jimmythegreek

Ivan Rodirguez broke the single season American League home run record for a CATCHER with 35 in 1999. Who's record did he break?

Mike Piazza, Terry Steinbach and Javy Lopez all previously had 34 HR. Lopez ironically now holds the current record with 42 HR in 2003.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

2000 Jays is correct, Jimmy.

Google has ruined all baseball trivia.

I do a lot of research to come up with some of these questions.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

No problem, Jimmy....

So whos American League record did Pudge break in 1999 with 35 homeruns by a catcher?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Who holds the National League record for most homeruns as a Designated Hitter?

Difficulty Meter WITHOUT "google" (7/10)
Difficulty Meter WITH "google" (0/10)