Strong Bookmaking @ Betmaker: Larry Mac at the Helm

Hey guys;

Many of you that have been playing for years know Larry Mac, he was one of the driving forces at BetCRIS for many years...

The man stepped down and did life for a while... now he's back at the helm of a great shop (Betmaker).

Those who appreciate sharp opinions and solid bookmaking abilities will probably have some fun looking at the numbers by the Mac.

I have been finding some really opinionated numbers in the few weeks that foots have been here and I wanted to ask those in the know about some numbers I have seen and what that could possibly mean.

Of the 7 games that have finished so far, 6 have gone over the posted closing line... check this out:

Virginia: 27
Syracuse: 24
Closing line on the total: 45.5-46
OVER

Oregon St: 27
Louisville: 63
Closing line on the total: 60 thru 62 (highest number posted by Larry Mac @ Betmaker.com)
OVER

Eastern Mich: 0
Michigan: 55
Closing line on the total: 29.5 thru 30.5
OVER

West Virginia: 31
Maryland: 19
Closing line on the total: 42.5-43
OVER

SMU: 8
Texas A&M: 66
Closing line on the total: 51-51.5
OVER

Mississippi: 23
Vanderbilt: 31
Closing line on the total: 45.5-46
OVER

Toledo: 42
Temple: 17
Closing line on the total: 60.5-61
UNDER

Percentage of games going OVER so far: 85.71%

What's really interesting is to notice that the highest closing number was offered by the Mac in at least 3 occassions:

Virginia/Syracuse - Pinny: 45; Betmaker: 46.5
Oregon St/Louisville - Pnny: 61.5; Betmaker: 62
West Virg/Maryland - Pinny: 42.5; Betmaker: 43

Let's use the Oregon St example; so my question is: if the line opens 59.5(Pinny) and 60 (CRIS), and it later closes at 61.5 (Pinny), 60.5 (CRIS) and the Mac hung the only 62 by closing time... and the game went well over... is it not sharp bookmaking to have attracted as much action on the UNDER as possible... so to balance the action? in which case, is the Mac's not the sharpest closing number?

I'd love to hear what you guys have to say.... thanks in advance for your feedback

Walk, done deal. Me and the other guys will be there. Just call me on Monday and confirm you are coming. Skip, I see Betmaker taking off in the future. Growing at a nice rate and with Mac at the helm they are solid.

Duke

EOG Senior Member
I think the lines for favorites and totals are inflated at betmaker because their clientele is more squares. I played there about a month ago, but did not reload because of their 500 limits online. It would be a hassle to keep calling in plays. They have a good loyalty progam and are solid.

Larry is a good guy and it's Betmakers gain to have him. Raw deal he got at WWTS & Blue Grass after leaving Mickey @ CRIS.

Larry Mac is a Friend of mine.

He is a degenerate gambler like myself which is one reason I luv this guy! :+thumbs-2

THE SHRINK

Nice book. I use them alot. The only thing that pisses me off about them is that they are afraid to put up money lines on some football games. And it takes them forever to put them up on the ones they do.

Krackman

EOG Senior Member
Larry was great at Cris and I miss those days very much.

At WWTS he forced me to only call in my plays and it was far from the Larry at bet cris.

Which one will be at betmaker? Who knows! but if Betmaker is like it always was they are scared $hit to take a bet and I hope Larry can break them of this.