Suspicious

railbird

EOG Master
refs nitpicking Ariz Cards, big move on Raiders this week, what better time to fix a game than in preseason

Reactions: E$

MrTop

EOG Master
but the limits are small. Wouldn't you think that if a fix was going to happen it would be a game that you can get down on?

Last edited by a moderator:

E$

EOG Dedicated
I was on the Raiders and it even seemed strange to me.

My theory is the league doesn’t want to see a college coach and quarterback come in and have things too easy.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
refs nitpicking Ariz Cards, big move on Raiders this week, what better time to fix a game than in preseason

It's called gambler's paranoia.

Though funny things can occur.

I remember chastising EOG contributor BOMZEE for claiming there were some suspicious officiating calls in a Lakers-Kings playoff game many years ago.

BOMZEE got the last laugh when the Tim Donaghy scandal broke.

railbird

EOG Master
It's called gambler's paranoia.

Though funny things can occur.

I remember chastising EOG contributor BOMZEE for claiming there were some suspicious officiating calls in a Lakers-Kings playoff game many years ago.

BOMZEE got the last laugh when the Tim Donaghy scandal broke.
im not paranoid, im not a pothead, those are the people that are paranoid

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
There was heavy early movement on Ariz, late heavy move on Oakland. I was on Arizona, and I didn't see anything suspicious, but rather crap play by Arizona's 1st units that buried them.

E$

EOG Dedicated
Based on the line move, more $ was on the Raiders.

If “they” were going to fix a game, wouldn’t they want Arizona to win.

There was definitely something strange going on, but I don’t think it had anything to do with gambling.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away

It's only a fix if you have money on it. One of my good friends in Chicago, Smitty, lost all of his games because of "fixes" but was always a genius when he won and the games were perceived clean by him. I saw none of this but find it hard to believe there's a conspiracy-fix in an NFL Preseason game. Come on now.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Ted Sevransky once told me there were a lot of suspicious yellow hankies on the ground in an NFL game he lost.

Just happened to be Teddy's NFL Game of the Year.

My response: Stop it, Teddy. Stop it right now.

I do question a lot of refs in certain games but I watched last nights game and fixing wasn't needed. Oakland kicked the Cardinals teeth in.

railbird

EOG Master
I do question a lot of refs in certain games but I watched last nights game and fixing wasn't needed. Oakland kicked the Cardinals teeth in.

the run came AFTER the bad calls. I see it all the time in basketball, the score doesnt tell the story, a phantom 3rd foul on a key player can lead to a 12-2 run.

railbird

EOG Master
The offeensive PI and encroacment call on Murray were both pre determind penalities, Murray might not have succedded anyway, but the refs clearly did not want him to

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
whats worth it? refs have a 0.02 pct chance of getting caught, if i wanted to i could have 30 credit outs within a month. easy to get away with easy to get down
If they have 30 credit outs they have more than a .02% chance of getting caught but I get your point.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
There was absolutely no foul on either false start penalty on Murray. Other than the OAK defensive end being offsides on the first one.

There was nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing different than any other snap in preseason or any Cards practices where league officials are present. League has it out for clapping for signals on offense. Has it out for anything new and different. Sounds petty and dumb. But 100% true.

railbird

EOG Master
With the HUGE INCREASE in Black refs in both football and Basketball there will be more bad calls and corruption. NOT because i say it, and am called a racist by liberals, but because the STATS and hiring ratios say it

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
the offensive PI was a joke

That was weak too.

Murray has been behind the 8 ball all preseason. First drive was from his 2 yard line. That drive was riddled with penalties. Then this game was riddled with penalties as well. He overthrew a couple throws and thats on him. But he will be fine when the rubber hits the road. He has too much talent. Too much of a good passer for that to hold up.

If the Cards flop it will because their defensive talent is awful. And to make matters worse, both starting corners are out for a good portion of the regular season.

No bueno.

Bet a lot of Cards over the total early and often..

bishqqq

EOG Addicted
4-0 preseason................................raider nation says ,"just win baby ".....................................................then a 0-8 start.............tough schedule...........Las Vegans say......."just win a game, baby " ?.......have they sold out the Allegiant Stadium yet ?

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Perhaps it’s pre season and the Cardinals bring something new that threw the crew a curveball. I’d wait to see if it continues a game or two

Sleepy

EOG Master
That was weak too.

Murray has been behind the 8 ball all preseason. First drive was from his 2 yard line. That drive was riddled with penalties. Then this game was riddled with penalties as well. He overthrew a couple throws and thats on him. But he will be fine when the rubber hits the road. He has too much talent. Too much of a good passer for that to hold up.

If the Cards flop it will because their defensive talent is awful. And to make matters worse, both starting corners are out for a good portion of the regular season.

No bueno.

Bet a lot of Cards over the total early and often..

His strength was being a dual threat. If they have a collar on him when it comes to running it and think they are going to make him a "pocket passer" they won't win a game this season.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
His strength was being a dual threat. If they have a collar on him when it comes to running it and think they are going to make him a "pocket passer" they won't win a game this season.

They wont. AZ will let Murray be Murray. He might be small but he’s sturdy and does a great job with not taking big hits in the open field.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Players are subject to drug testing! I would be for lie detector tests for officials, those that oversee officials, Owners and administrators and Roger Goodell and his staff.

railbird

EOG Master
Tennis player Amir Weintraub tanks imo. he is a future level player, must know someone to get wildcards, but when hits the gambling board level, he has a habit of losing badly, he is overmatched yes, but is tanks on top of that imo.