Taking the NO Hornets tonite.

dirty

EOG Master
don't Usually Bet Preseason NBA....but this one is too good to pass up.....I hate taking advantage of a Tragedy

The Hawks played last nite at in Charlotte...and travel to play the Hornets tonite...they lost by 6 last nite and will lose DD's tonite....Their mind is on losing Collier...one of the Most liked Members of the team....His Funeral Is Tomorrow so thier minds will not totally be there..

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
If I was betting preseason I would look at Indy getting 3 at home vs. Spurs. Spurs yet to win a game, as they could care less. Scrubs getting bulk of minutes. Timmy and Mr. Longoria were at the Stros game. Spurs number one goal in preseason, don't get hurt. Artest is real fresh from almost a year off. Pacers like to win at home, any game. Too bad no money line.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

dirty

EOG Master
after seeing this team on TV interviews and hearing them on the Radio....they are still in pretty bad shape....and not to mention the Hawks may be the worst team in the NBA.......

dirty

EOG Master
Good Point Frog.....may put a small wager on it....No foots or Bases tonite I got to have some action:frustrate

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
I went salami under, when it was 23 1/2 ov20 and 24. Also Pacers +3. I agree with you on Hawks being bad, but Hornets could be worse. Probably two worst teams in the league. I normally pass on those, but you are correct as Collins death has destroyed any morale they were trying to build. Degenerates like us need that action fix. Now I can watch NHL scores and route for Indy. One of the slowest days for betting of the year, if it was not windy, I would be fishing. Good luck on Hawk fade.

Betting NBA preseason is all about betting dogs. Anyone who bets a favorite in preseason is nuts in my opinion. Most times the favs that win do not even cover, unless it is a small number. Dogs have been cashing for me so far. At an extraordinary rate. I wish I could find moneylines. Still have not seen those yet. Perfect example was Heat tonight. They were 7.5 point favs after losing back to back games, the last one a home loss which was an embarassment to the Bobcats. So now they are 7.5 points favs tonight with no Shaq in lineup?? I only played Indy and Orlando tonight, but it looks like other dogs have ruled tonight thus far. Cant wait until the real season starts!!!!! :+thumbs-2

MCP

omnivorous, thanks for the pacers play i was at work and read your post and followed blindly . thanks again

65% +..... Thats pretty hard to do if you ask me.....

I have a lot of respect for you Dirty but as a full time investor I'm happy with a 57% and you are claiming 65+.... No offense but it will be very hard to do over a long period of time. The NBA season goes 30 weeks and if you bet an average of 5 games a week that would be 150 games and to pick 98 winners is not an easy task..... But I do respect you very much and will be looking forward to your insight......gltu as always...OB

peteep

EOG Addicted
dirty said:
Sorry for the Misdirection....

I can assure you I will hit 65% plus in the NBA

Come on now. People on this board are too smart to buy that. Give me 53-55% and you have my respect.

Bo F'n Diddley

EOG Senior Member
I dont know anything about Dirty but for whats its worth, I know a guy that hits over 60 % in NBA/NCAA Hoops year in and year out, mid 60's in most cases so it is being done.

Looks like mostly doggies again tonight in the NBA, if not all dogs. Most have won outright, others just covered or covering at this point. :+thumbs-2

Bo

Bo

If you know someone that does it year in and year out and he does it betting many games.... you need to start posting his picks here cause i love to make cash........ OB

Its not hard to do when betting 50-60 games but it becomes extremely difficult when you are betting a lot of games daily. For one, as a full time bettor, Basketball is my bread and butter as its a long season and there are games every night. During a course of the season, including half time plays I probably wager 1200-1500 plays per season and IMO 65% will probably be out of reach but I'm happy with my 56-57% year in and year out as i can usually profit over 100 net units in the season.....anyways, anyone that can hit 65% IMO is AWSOME........OB

dirty

EOG Master
Oceanboy said:
65% +..... Thats pretty hard to do if you ask me.....

I have a lot of respect for you Dirty but as a full time investor I'm happy with a 57% and you are claiming 65+.... No offense but it will be very hard to do over a long period of time. The NBA season goes 30 weeks and if you bet an average of 5 games a week that would be 150 games and to pick 98 winners is not an easy task..... But I do respect you very much and will be looking forward to your insight......gltu as always...OB

It is mostly done by overnite LIne movement.....I can assure you it is done and documented....you can check my Record out at my old site...freewinners.com in the NBA......The contests we have there ....those are my top 3-4 plays.....

I also have a 2nd half system.......

Peteep I am not saying I can hit 65% every year I am just telling you what I have done the last 3 years in my Plays in the NBA contest at www.freewinners.com........ put a search on it......or wait a few weeks and I am sure someone will bring the results to the top:+drinks-4:+drinks-4

dirty

EOG Master
you will never hear me talk about my Record or anything else after tonite..sorry to sound like a tout....

My record will stand on it's own.........good luck and sorry to sound like a tout

I am just a Regular Handicapper like everyone else......:cocktail:cocktail

bunyon

EOG Enthusiast
Spreadbeater said:
Betting NBA preseason is all about betting dogs. Anyone who bets a favorite in preseason is nuts in my opinion. Most times the favs that win do not even cover, unless it is a small number. Dogs have been cashing for me so far. At an extraordinary rate. I wish I could find moneylines. Still have not seen those yet. Perfect example was Heat tonight. They were 7.5 point favs after losing back to back games, the last one a home loss which was an embarassment to the Bobcats. So now they are 7.5 points favs tonight with no Shaq in lineup?? I only played Indy and Orlando tonight, but it looks like other dogs have ruled tonight thus far. Cant wait until the real season starts!!!!! :+thumbs-2

5 Dimes has preseason Nba moneylines......good luck.:+thumbs-2

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
dirty said:
you will never hear me talk about my Record or anything else after tonite..sorry to sound like a tout....

My record will stand on it's own.........good luck and sorry to sound like a tout

I am just a Regular Handicapper like everyone else......:cocktail:cocktail

No biggie, you will have your chance to shine soon. I have been known to do well here and there in the NBA. But in this what have you done for me lately world, I focus on hopefully what I can win today, as anything I did previously is just memories. SB is also very good on NBA, always good info on Heat. Black lab, also has had good fortune. Officially, that is when my 16 hour days start. And my volume increases fivefold, if not tenfold. See you in the NBA capping forum, the more the merrier. Off to the black bass pond.

peteep

EOG Addicted
Dirty, SB, Frog

Looking forward to your picks. Would love to hear about any angles or "systems" you go by. Have had decent success with NBA halftimes but don't excel at full game wagers.

dirty

EOG Master
I really look at roadtrips and Line moves overnite....

also 2nd half plays you can make a killing

if the total is 207 and only 85 points are scored in the first half I bang the over in the 2nd half unless it is just way out of line....Or if 115 are scored you hit the under....you will find most Totals are within 10 points or so in the NBA for around 80% of the games I would guess...Good system....

If shooting percentages are way low it turns into a no play for me...but Normal SP's make it a play....

Dirty,
as an employee here you should know better than to say you will hit 65% with any consistency. To do that year in and year out with a significant statistical sample would make you a multimillionaire. It just won't happen.

A few weeks ago, I was hitting 72% in the NFL. Then it slowly went down to the 65% range. I'm at about 63% right now, but have no illusions that it will keep up and will more ecstatic if I finish aroun 55% for the year. The mathematical concept of regression to the mean is to powerful for you or any other handicapper to overcome.

Now if you are betting with a local whose lines are off 2 or 3 points, that would be your only chance.

dirty

EOG Master
actually my Top 3 plays hit in that range and that is what I was basing it on. I am most times not disciplined enough to stick with those plays....and my percentages come down some......But when you throw in NCAA Baskets and other sports that I hit at way different percentages then it brings my Overall percentage down to the Mid 50's realistically.....Only in the NBA and WNBA do I hit with that consistancy....Or have the last few years...Will it continue this year....I hope so and we will see.....But I am confident in my plays in the NBA....Once the season gets in Full swing you know which teams usually cover at home or don't on the road and which teams Usually go over the total or under the total.....In different situation......Length of Road Trips....Coast to Coast swings....Etc....

Sober Leprechaun

EOG Enthusiast
if you hit at 65% in the nba and you play other stuff that brings you down to the mid-50's%, you are hitting around 40-45% in the other sports.

why would you play something that is a losing proposition?

just fire away at your 65% win rate and you'll be sleeping on a bed of 100's.

dirty

EOG Master
I actually Hit them around 53-55% when all is said and done the last few years...which Brings my NBA and WNBA plays down ....