'Tebow Ball' just may be legit

carolinakid

Banned
Re: 'Tebow Ball' just may be legit

Defenses will catch on just like they did with miami wildcat, just a matter of time,

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Von Miller flat out said everyone plays harder when he's the QB. You can tell cause the defense is better then it was with Orton. He works on his game this off season and coems back next year more accurate he's really going to be a threat. Lockout football combined with Fox not wantign him to succeed at first really hurt him.

You don't think there's something wrong with that? :doh1

They get paid to play... they shouldn't play harder for particular players. My lord. So they want the guy who scores fewer points at their QB?

Integrity

EOG Master

They get paid to play... they shouldn't play harder for particular players. My lord. So they want the guy who scores fewer points at their QB?

i agree there's something wrong with it

there's an energy he brings to the club... all players should be playing hard regardless, but it's human nature to let certain things spark you more... maybe they believe more in their chances to win with him at the helm and that's why they give extra effort-- again, it's not right, but it is what it is

I agree, but i think everyone realizes if they want to win with him at qb they have to make up for what he lacks? Who knows or it can be the fact he doesnt throw as much as orton which equals less turnovers and that alone can put a team on a winning streak.

Integrity

EOG Master

I agree, but i think everyone realizes if they want to win with him at qb they have to make up for what he lacks? Who knows or it can be the fact he doesnt throw as much as orton which equals less turnovers and that alone can put a team on a winning streak.

Could be something to that

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

Michael Irvin had a good point the other day. He said every week coaches come up and say the same thing. "We have to run the ball, stop the run and not turn the ball over." And thats exactly what Denver is doing well now so it should come as no surprise that they are winning.

You guys keep talking like the ONLY thing that matters in being a QB is the ability to throw it a long ways. There is so much more to being a QB and being a leader. And one of the things you want from a great leader is the ability to bring more out of the people around you. Harbaugh is doing it in San Fran apparently Peyton did it in Indy, and Tebow seems to be doing it in Denver.

The team loves playing with him and you guys think they are working harder to make up for him? Why would they love him then? I did hear one announcer says an O Line loves running the ball though cause they can really get after it. Makes sense your trying to get penetration and not just block.

Integrity

EOG Master

Nice. glad you said that. I remember that same thing from Irvin 91023i2ndw;l

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Anybody else get a +7 at decent juice? That's a good bet! What do you make the line? 3 at best?

43 1/2 total? I don't know - Chargers might give away too many points???

Now with Cutler having a broken thumb. Bears/Broncos might be a good under for sure?

Timmy 5-1 TY

And
• When Denver won at San Diego in Week 12, Tebow had 22 rushing attempts, the most by a quarterback in any game since the merger in 1970.

WVU

EOG Master

What if Denver went after a couple of running back/receiver combos who could also throw the ball. They could use the pitch and throw on every other down. Imagine trying to defend that?

Integrity

EOG Master

What if Denver went after a couple of running back/receiver combos who could also throw the ball. They could use the pitch and throw on every other down. Imagine trying to defend that?

Like a super wildcat or ultra spread offense??

That would be wild

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

I am sure that at this point he has a bullseye on his head. How long before some 300+ LB gets a clean shot on him and at that point will make every effort to put him to sleep and make a name for himself. It will happen. It's not a question of if, just when. The NFL is not made for running quarterbacks who invite contact.

Integrity

EOG Master

Sounds scary but Vick has survived. And Tebow is bigger. He may get injuries and what not, but it's not like he will be destroyed completely.

Plus, RBs invite contact all the time and Tebow is bigger than most RBs.

Apple

Banned

that would be fun to watch

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

Sounds scary but Vick has survived. And Tebow is bigger. He may get injuries and what not, but it's not like he will be destroyed completely.

Plus, RBs invite contact all the time and Tebow is bigger than most RBs.
I would not say that Vick is surviving at this point. He has gotten the crap beaten out of him of late. I agree with the running back statement, however as a QB he is more exposed and RBs tend to have limited shelf life because of all the contact.

Integrity

EOG Master

I would not say that Vick is surviving at this point. He has gotten the crap beaten out of him of late. I agree with the running back statement, however as a QB he is more exposed and RBs tend to have limited shelf life because of all the contact.

Good points. I do think Tebow/Denver will need to incorporate more throwing for the style to last long-term, especially if WVU's idea comes into fruition. But if there's one spread QB who can defy the odds and make the offense legitimate, it appears Tebow is that guy.

Certainly there's cause for concern though.

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

Guys with the exception of the Chargers game where he rushed 22 times he really doesn't run all that often. He just picks up big yards when he does. I would say off top my had about 10 or so per game. I'm sure there is somewhere you can look that up.

As the years go on he'll be running less as his passing gets better. Right not he's young big and motivated run his ass off to win games.

Integrity

EOG Master

Yea, guess ur right, DJ

I think it's so fascinating how it seems the Broncos are learning how to utilize him 'on the fly' just as we're discussing how he should be used and how it will develop.

J

joeybagadonuts

I am sure that at this point he has a bullseye on his head. How long before some 300+ LB gets a clean shot on him and at that point will make every effort to put him to sleep and make a name for himself. It will happen. It's not a question of if, just when. The NFL is not made for running quarterbacks who invite contact.

I've been looking forward to this happening.

Wonder if he will thank jesus when he gets hurt? :+clueless

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

I think I read Tebow is about the same size as me. (6'2 little over 250) 300 lb guys aren't that much bigger and if your not standing in the pocket waiting to get blindsided they aren't going to get a nice clean big hit on you. If they are bigger then 300 they aren't mobile enough to catch you.

Most QB's actually get hurt the most standing in the pocket and getting blitzed.

carolinakid

Banned

just like the wildcat it time will come and go, but it fun to watch in the short term the limelight of the T

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

Elway has let it be known that Tebow isn't the answer at QB and they are still looking for a long term franchise player at QB.I wouldn't put it past Elway or Fox maybe in the offseason while Tebow is still hot and worth something try and trade him around draft time or work out something with another team desperate enough to go after Tebow.In fact i wouldn't be shocked if Denver drafts a QB in the first round in 2012.

Denver has a good defense and now they need a franchise QB and they can fill in other needs they have.

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

I'm willing to bet money right now they do not trade Tebow during the off season. I keep trying to make these Tebow bets with people and no one takes me up on them.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

I'm willing to bet money right now they do not trade Tebow during the off season. I keep trying to make these Tebow bets with people and no one takes me up on them.

They will probably keep him.There would be a backlash at this point if they decided to trade him.From interviews and media reports i get the feeling certain people higher up in Denver aren't big on Tebow but after all he is winning.

Elway has let it be known that Tebow isn't the answer at QB and they are still looking for a long term franchise player at QB.I wouldn't put it past Elway or Fox maybe in the offseason while Tebow is still hot and worth something try and trade him around draft time or work out something with another team desperate enough to go after Tebow.In fact i wouldn't be shocked if Denver drafts a QB in the first round in 2012.

Denver has a good defense and now they need a franchise QB and they can fill in other needs they have.

This is false.

Integrity

EOG Master

yea, i think elway's statement was more like, 'dont see the franchise qb on the roster right now' which of course could mean that in offseason he clarifies to say tebow is now franchise qb, yadda yadda

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

I thought they would pass more this game when they eventually did is when they really started winning. If you have a threat of a run or pass along with a strong Defense going to be VERY hard to beat.

Integrity

EOG Master

teg, tebow's passes looked crisp.. he's improving.

exactly!!

ive been saying how he's developing before our eyes.... it's each week there's something new/diff added to the mix

fascinated by the development....whether or not he/the system is the new big thing, it's amazing to see happening now

Apple

Banned

If Tebow starts passing the ball thats gonna make it a lot harder on the defenses and will REALLY open up the running game..

Integrity

EOG Master

and just think, they traded their best receiver in brandon lloyd too

imagine once he gets better targets