The fix was in (LSU coach didn't take a knee up 7 but running back doesn't score in a pair of attempts)

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I had a heated discussion with somebody over this. We both were drinking vodka and Red Bull’s and almost fought.

That’s something we practice," Orgeron said. "Down-down. We can run the clock out. That’s what you do.”

My beef with this statement is taking a couple knees would have been just as good here after he went down. They continue to line up and run plays. No doubt it was a jab at gamblers. I have no doubt about it.

kane

EOG master
I had Arkansas, and when I saw the kid from LSU break free I thought for sure he would score, but then he does the smart thing by going down, all they had to do was take a knee a couple times and the game is over, but then I see they run the ball trying to score, not once but twice, it's only a 7 point game, if they fumble and Arkansas gets it anything can happen, it made no sense for Orgeron to be running plays in that spot, I still have no clue why he didn't just take a knee. The back was smart enough to do the right thing, but the coach was dumb enough to run two more plays. I was literally yelling at the TV, "Take a fucking knee, what the hell are you doing". The game wasn't fixed, but it sure seemed like Orgeron wanted that last TD, maybe he knew the line and figured what the hell, let's try to "keep the boosters happy" type thing. Whatever his reasons it was beyond dumb.

skinny

EOG Addicted
I've never seen anything like that.
Orgeron wanted to cover for the boosters, and the running back wanted to be Todd Gurley.
Either that or the running back is taking money. Definetly should be investigated.

Last edited by a moderator:

kane

EOG master
I've never seen anything like that.
Orgeron wanted to cover for the boosters, and the running back wanted to be Todd Gurley.
Either that or the running back is taking money. Definetly should be investigatef

The first time I recall a player going down near the goal line was someone from the Eagles doing it, Westbrook maybe. The back might be getting money, a lot of these guys do, but not to intentionally not score at the end, just a heads up play by him

skinny

EOG Addicted
What makes it more suspicous is the line was 13, but i agree it was the right play.
What Orgeron did running the ball in a one score game is incredible. Every coach in the country takes a knee in that spot.

railbird

EOG Master
What makes it more suspicous is the line was 13, but i agree it was the right play.
What Orgeron did running the ball in a one score game is incredible. Every coach in the country takes a knee in that spot.

Coach Ed was on coach pete staff at USC 2003-2007 when he went out of the way to cover, they also need style points to get back in final 4. many coaches play it out and don't take knees, spurrier at Fla never did either

railbird

EOG Master
taking a knee is dumb, shove it up the other teams ass, especially on the road. then go for 2 like coach harbaugh did

papa 5

EOG Veteran
I remember Jimmy Johnson when he coached at Miami Hurricanes. Up 7 with 2 minutes to go from own 20, he had qb passing every down. Of course they scored and covered the spread. I lose bet and the funny thing was I wasn't even shocked. That's what Jimmy did.

Heim

EOG Master
The first time the back broke thru he should have scored...you're only up one score. Orgeron is a mental midget or Haden would have hired him full time at SC. He recruits good and players like him. That's about.

skinny

EOG Addicted
That's the point. It's a one score game and ark doesnt have any timeouts left, you take a knee and the game is over.

papa 5

EOG Veteran
The first time I recall a player going down near the goal line was someone from the Eagles doing it, Westbrook maybe. The back might be getting money, a lot of these guys do, but not to intentionally not score at the end, just a heads up play by him
Maurice Drew did it. I can't remember what nil team it was.

kane

EOG master
The first time the back broke thru he should have scored...you're only up one score. Orgeron is a mental midget or Haden would have hired him full time at SC. He recruits good and players like him. That's about.

Heim, you're smarter than this. Let's say he scored, LSU goes up 14 with a minute and change to play, the likelihood of them winning would be extremely high, but there's still a chance something crazy happens. Now, let's consider what should have happened by him going down, with as little time that was left and Arky with no timeouts all LSU has to do is take a knee two times and the game ends, there's a zero percent chance they lose by taking a knee, there's the slimmest of chances they lose by scoring. I still have no idea how the kid could be smart enough, and have the awareness in that moment to just go down, while the idiot coach is running more plays.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
What if one of the Arkansas defenders punched the football out there? Can you imagine?

We have to come to grips with the fact people do know the point spread. Whether players, coaches, people know the odds.