The Gambling Fraternity

TheOnlyP

EOG Member
So, I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Why are so many gamblers so secretive and down right rude? Not all of them are, but I have noticed quite a few on various social media. It seems like a majority of the pro bettors are the ones who are the worst. Any thoughts as to why this is? You would think that we would want to help each other out considering how big this industry is but that just isn't the case. I truly do not understand why considering there is enough pie for all of us to have a pretty large piece.

Thoughts?

Jb777

EOG Dedicated
I agree. I guess when only 2% of bettors are successful it gives them a big ego. But they had to start out as losers like everyone else so I don't know why they're so arrogant but they are. I know of one guy in particular who is really good and really sharp but his ego is probably his biggest weakness and he's too full of himself to realize that his ego is costing him $$$.

TheOnlyP

EOG Member
From my experiences the most successful pro gamblers are not on any social media outlets....

More and more are starting to use social media. I just don’t get why they have to be arrogant and rude. I get that they make lines move, but what does it hurt to help others out? The industry is huge.

TheOnlyP

EOG Member
Viejo is correct.

That best gambling AP's (not just sports) are the ones who toil in complete anonymity.

While I do believe that to be true majority of the time, more have started using social media like Twitter. I see it every day. Some are confirmed professionals. I don’t want to bicker, but I don’t understand it. No one wants to help anyone out. I try to soak up knowledge any way that I can get it.

I just wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts on it.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
While I do believe that to be true majority of the time, more have started using social media like Twitter. I see it every day. Some are confirmed professionals. I don’t want to bicker, but I don’t understand it. No one wants to help anyone out. I try to soak up knowledge any way that I can get it.

Those were my thoughts....those on social media for the most part are carnival barkers....commend you on your thoughts and soaking up the most info you can get your hands on....knowledge is King....

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated

You'll find that especially true in the machine and table games parts of the AP world, and with good reason.

AP's are chasing after a finite resource, and most of them aren't into educating their competition. You generally don't want to create more demand for a product that is in limited supply.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I think people don't want to give their proprietory info away when they have an angle. Look at the tout threads on various forums, many are the same plays. Basically its steamchasers or stealing other successful players picks and using them as their own.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Walls_Edward or drnkyourmlkshk if you want to pm on twitter ill answer any questions that are within reason. I disagree with viejo and also think everyone under on 50 is on social media in some form.