The Raiders Will Win the AFC West Next Year...

munson15

I want winners...
Re: The Raiders Will Win the AFC West Next Year...

You're making a case for KC based on what exactly?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

KC is in worse shape than the Raiders. Matt Cassel is not the answer, IMO.

Quick AFC west lesson for all of you east of the Rockies.

San Diego was 8-8 last year. If not for Ed Herky Jerky fucking up an easy fumble call vs. Denver, they would have been 9-7. Carolina the first week in the season beat SD on the last play of the game. So San Diego's record was 8-8, but they played like a 10-6 team. In case you missed it, they beat the living shit out of the Patriots and also beat Indy in the playoffs. They did that without their best pass rusher all year, Shawn Merriman, and with LT having a jacked up toe and Cromartie having a bum hip basically all season long. Their other major problem, Ted Cotrell, got fired mid season and look how the defense played at the back end of last year under Ron Rivera.

This year the Chargers get Merriman back, should have a healthy Cromartie and LT, plus some good pieces added in the draft. Rivera will be the DC all year long. The Chargers have the talent of a 12-4 team, Factor in Norvell, and Chargers are at worst 10-6 next year. They have far more depth than any team in the AFC West.

Now, show me where Oakland wins 10 games. Show me where Oakland wins 7 games. They will be 0-2 against the Chargers, split with the other AFC teams, and have to play the NFC East, at Houston, and at Pittsburg. They will struggle with the Jets and even Cleveland and the Bengals. The Raiders have absolutely no team chemistry, a joke for a head coach, and a fat project for a QB. They do have a great RB, if he can stay healthy, and two great CB's, but average LB and DL.

Now, Timely Hitting/EJ/multiple ghost guy, if you had said KC is going to win the AFC west, I would not argue. It may be a longshot, but KC is going in the right direction with strong leadership and they had a great draft. They are probably a few years away, but that is a team on the rise.

KC is in worse shape than the Raiders. Matt Cassel is not the answer, IMO.

He is far better than Russell. The Raiders OL pass protection is horrible. Agree with Hines Ward, I would like the Raiders more if Garcia was the starter.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Quick AFC west lesson for all of you east of the Rockies.

San Diego was 8-8 last year. If not for Ed Herky Jerky fucking up an easy fumble call vs. Denver, they would have been 9-7. Carolina the first week in the season beat SD on the last play of the game. So San Diego's record was 8-8, but they played like a 10-6 team. In case you missed it, they beat the living shit out of the Patriots and also beat Indy in the playoffs. They did that without their best pass rusher all year, Shawn Merriman, and with LT having a jacked up toe and Cromartie having a bum hip basically all season long. Their other major problem, Ted Cotrell, got fired mid season and look how the defense played at the back end of last year under Ron Rivera.

This year the Chargers get Merriman back, should have a healthy Cromartie and LT, plus some good pieces added in the draft. Rivera will be the DC all year long. The Chargers have the talent of a 12-4 team, Factor in Norvell, and Chargers are at worst 10-6 next year. They have far more depth than any team in the AFC West.

Now, show me where Oakland wins 10 games. Show me where Oakland wins 7 games. They will be 0-2 against the Chargers, split with the other AFC teams, and have to play the NFC East, at Houston, and at Pittsburg. They will struggle with the Jets and even Cleveland and the Bengals. The Raiders have absolutely no team chemistry, a joke for a head coach, and a fat project for a QB. They do have a great RB, if he can stay healthy, and two great CB's, but average LB and DL.

Now, Timely Hitting/EJ/multiple ghost guy, if you had said KC is going to win the AFC west, I would not argue. It may be a longshot, but KC is going in the right direction with strong leadership and they had a great draft. They are probably a few years away, but that is a team on the rise.

This is your opinion of course because I heard a Raiders player talk HIMSELF and he said he was SO excited to finally have some stability. He said how much they LOVE CABLE and he was glad that Al did the right thing. He said Kiffen didn't know what he was doing.

The Chargers, EVERY SEASON, (WC Bias/LD) have great talent and don't live up to the hype.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

so what record do you see the denver broncos having this year?

they have orton now instead of cutler.they drafted alphonso smith to improve the horrible defense.

i could see them going 7-9,maybe 8-8....

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

How does anyone seeing the Chief's taking that step forward? The Chiefs defense is 1/2 as good as the Raiders.

tripp

EOG Master

So Matt Cassell isn't the answer for the Chiefs, but JaMarcus Russell is the answer for Oakland?

I still cannot get over someone actually backing that guy. He is the worst starting QB I may have ever seen. I would honestly prefer having Tavarius Jackson as my starter. Russell is so god awful I can't even put it into words.

This is your opinion of course because I heard a Raiders player talk HIMSELF and he said he was SO excited to finally have some stability. He said how much they LOVE CABLE and he was glad that Al did the right thing. He said Kiffen didn't know what he was doing.

The Chargers, EVERY SEASON, (WC Bias/LD) have great talent and don't live up to the hype.

Hahaha, which Raider? did you expect him to say they were unhappy?

The Chargers were in the AFC championship game two years ago and lost last year in the playoffs to the team that won the superbowl. I guess compared to Pittsburgh, Cardinals, and NE, that is underachieving.

How bout a bet. I'll put $1,000 up that the Chargers win the AFC west, you put up $500 and take the Raiders, draw if Denver or KC happen to win. We'll send the money to TT next week, winner take all.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Why would I do that? 2-1. I will be able to get much better odds than that when the time rolls around.

tripp

EOG Master

Why would I do that? 2-1. I will be able to get much better odds than that when the time rolls around.

It's not 2-1 on Oak to win the division though. You get a draw if Denver or KC wins, which will not happen if you bet OAK to win at a book.

Why wait, you can't be the only person who sees the "excellence" coming out of Raider's camp. Surely by the time all the line setters read your reasoning why the Raiders will win the AFC West they will adjust their odds.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Why wait, you can't be the only person who sees the "excellence" coming out of Raider's camp. Surely by the time all the line setters read your reasoning why the Raiders will win the AFC West they will adjust their odds.

This is retarded. Are you just throwing a retarded wager out there so that later in our argument you can say that I don't support my position because I wouldn't bet you?

I'm clearly not alone in thinking they have a chance, but OK. 12io4j2w90

What is Denver to win the division? If they can rebuild the defense in a year, Moreno could be huge for them at RB.

Denver +300

These odds aren't from a great book so they aren't great odds.

munson15

I want winners...

It's not 2-1 on Oak to win the division though. You get a draw if Denver or KC wins, which will not happen if you bet OAK to win at a book.
Please, this is a bogus offer. If SD plays up to snuff and stays healthy, they are the team to beat. The guy was putting a sleeper out there, not something he would actually put a lot of cash on.:blink:

munson15

I want winners...

How bout a bet. I'll put $1,000 up that the Chargers win the AFC west, you put up $500 and take the Raiders, draw if Denver or KC happen to win. We'll send the money to TT next week, winner take all.
You've got to be kidding. Posting a longshot and betting $500 on a 5-11 team to come all the way back to win the division are two different animals. That's the fun part of these discussions, opinions are free. I'll bet him the same thing you offered, and I agree with him.:doh1

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

You've got to be kidding. Posting a longshot and betting $500 on a 5-11 team to come all the way back to win the division are two different animals. That's the fun part of these discussions, opinions are free. I'll bet him the same thing you offered, and I agree with him.:doh1

:+textinb3:cheers

Of course it's a chump bet, every now and then you find a sucker to bite.

I'll give TH this, the Raiders have cleared out a lot of bad apples on that team. And there certainly is some good young talent on the team. But there remains one major league bad apple running the show. Tom Cable's big coaching head coaching gig was a failed venture at Idaho. People here say Pete Carroll can't coach in the NFL, but Tom Cable is the guy to dig the Raiders out of the massive hole Al has dug (and continued digging this past draft). There's a great chance Tom Cable will be the first coach fired next year.

And citing how well the Raiders played at the end of last year is also funny. They beat an 8-8 Houston and a fast fading TB team. The two weeks before that they lost by a combined score of 83 - 33 to NE and SD. They were 1-7 against teams with winning records last year, and lost nearly all those games by double digits, most by 20 or more points.

The raiders ain't close, not yet. They have talent. But they just took another nose dive with this past draft.

I'll do this, if the Raiders win the AFC west next year, I'll just send Timely Hitting a c-note for giving him so much shit in this thread. And I'll change my signature to Themanej's Bitch

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

None of that would be necessary. It's just your opinion LD, no big deal. You can have yours as I have mine. You'll likely get to bump this and call me an idiot when the Raiders are 4-12 hahaha.

None of that would be necessary. It's just your opinion LD, no big deal. You can have yours as I have mine. You'll likely get to bump this and call me an idiot when the Raiders are 4-12 hahaha.

Nope, I'm a man of my word. If you call a shot like this 3 full months before camp starts, you deserve it.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

You're making a case for KC based on what exactly?

i could be wrong but something tells me that they'll get that team heading back in the right direction.i absolutely agree that san diego will take the division.i also think the raiders finish last.somewhere in the middle part is where denver and kansas city will be.for some reason i think the chiefs will be better than the broncos.like i said i could be wrong but its a hunch.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Hell of an opinion but I can't see it happening. They'll be lucky to be 3rd imo. You'll definitely get some mad props if they somehow win it.

I have to say...the raiders are a QB and receiver away from being a good football team. JaMarcus Russell is brutal.

With that they maybe get to 7-9 this year, more than likely 6-10

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

:+textinb3

FK trying the ole forum reverse.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Yeah, if Jamarcus had developed more I'd say I had a pretty good shot. He looked brutal last night. He's been in the NFL for 3 years and he still only uses 80% of the playbook? That's brutal.

The biggest difference I saw between the 08 and 09 raiders was the line play. Their OL is more mature and improving, but their DL with Ellis and Seymour is going to help out the LB's and secondary tremendously.

They should have beat the Chargers last night, the Raiders are better on both the OL and DL fronts. The Chargers are actually pathetic on both, but just have far better skill players.

I don't know how you are in the Raiders front office and just admit Russell was a mistake and get somebody else in there...anybody. He's not even a good back-up.

Yeah, if Jamarcus had developed more I'd say I had a pretty good shot. He looked brutal last night. He's been in the NFL for 3 years and he still only uses 80% of the playbook? That's brutal.

No shit. I cant believe they still have him only working 1 half of the field per play. He stares down his receivers any defense worth a shit is going to eat him up. He doesnt run when he should either.

Just listened to an interview and I've been saying for a while that I thought Russel would get drastically better this year. If they would have gotten Crabtree I'd be a lot more confident in this, but their defense is good and young and they have a great core of RB's, and if Russel gets better they'll win that division.

If they didn't lose to the Chiefs, in Oakland, they would have been right there in the playoff hunt. One game, that was all, and they are going to get better this year. It's a bold call, but I do think it'll happen.

PS. I think Al Davis is a clown and they drafted like shit, but I think they have the players on the team to get it done.

This is the clown that thinks he knows football? :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO