The Tua Era starts now in Miami

kane

EOG master
Actually it's next week. Miami has a bye this week, which is why they named him the starter now, he'll get an extra week of practice. Not sure I agree with this move, the Fins are playing decent ball, they're in playoff contention and Fitz has played well. I could see if the offense was struggling, but Fitz hasn't done anything to deserve losing the job. Everyone knew the move was coming eventually, I just think right now isn't the time. Of course I hope I'm wrong and Tua lights it up, I just think I would have stayed with Fitz for now.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Actually it's next week. Miami has a bye this week, which is why they named him the starter now, he'll get an extra week of practice. Not sure I agree with this move, the Fins are playing decent ball, they're in playoff contention and Fitz has played well. I could see if the offense was struggling, but Fitz hasn't done anything to deserve losing the job. Everyone knew the move was coming, I just think right now isn't the time. Of course I hope I'm wrong and Tua lights it up, I just think I would have stayed with Fitz for now.
You’re correct, forgot about their bye this week. I agree the timing is a little curious. They are playing well and have a chance at the playoffs.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Flores must see something in Tua's progress in practice that leads him to make this move now.

We will now get to finally see what the Detroit Lions passed up in taking Okudah.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
This is now gonna be interesting

I have a season prop play of him Under 3200 yards passing. He now has to average 320 to beat me. Not sure he will

alfie

EOG Dedicated
Actually it's next week. Miami has a bye this week, which is why they named him the starter now, he'll get an extra week of practice. Not sure I agree with this move, the Fins are playing decent ball, they're in playoff contention and Fitz has played well. I could see if the offense was struggling, but Fitz hasn't done anything to deserve losing the job. Everyone knew the move was coming eventually, I just think right now isn't the time. Of course I hope I'm wrong and Tua lights it up, I just think I would have stayed with Fitz for now.

agree, fitz has payed well. hopefully tua can get them to a 9-7 season.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Could be doing it to trade Fitz before the deadline. Would Dallas bite?

Knowing you are paying Dalton $7M not likely to trade for Fitz and if I am Miami I am keeping Fitz for 2 reasons: Mentor Tua and insurance just in case he gets hurt

kane

EOG master
I agree with Winky, if someone was desperate and offered them a high pick then I trade him, but since that scenario isn't likely to happen, he's worth more to Miami as a mentor/backup than a 6th or 7th round pick which is closer to what a team might offer

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I agree with Winky, if someone was desperate and offered them a high pick then I trade him, but since that scenario isn't likely to happen, he's worth more to Miami as a mentor/backup than a 6th or 7th round pick which is closer to what a team might offer
I think you could get a conditional 3rd-4th round pick from the right team that is in a jam.

I know Dallas has Dalton, but they don't make the smartest moves.

kane

EOG master
I think you could get a conditional 3rd-4th round pick from the right team that is in a jam.

I know Dallas has Dalton, but they don't make the smartest moves.

I don't know FW, that seems awfully high for Fitz, but if I'm Miami and I could get a fourth for him, I'd do it in a heartbeat

choslamshe

EOG Master
Could be doing it to trade Fitz before the deadline. Would Dallas bite?

This is really interesting and if this option were on the table I would bite in a heartbeat. I think Fitz could be a top 7 QB in the league with those weapons and system. He's been awesome in Miami

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I don't know FW, that seems awfully high for Fitz, but if I'm Miami and I could get a fourth for him, I'd do it in a heartbeat
Would you pay a conditional 3rd-4th if you thought you were a SB contender? Dallas has a lot of money invested in those weapons. I know Defense is the issue, but they have to score 30 to compete.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Fitz is and always will be Fitz. When a potential superstar(and that's what Tua is), is near ready to play, you play him. Whether it work out for this season is unknown, but for the future of Tua and Miami it's the right move at the right time.
Trading Fitz to Dallas is a very interesting thought. Really, anything Miami could get for him is a plus.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Fitzpatrick is listed at 6-3.

Tagovailoa was happy to to be measured at six-feet tall during the NFL combine.

So is this the Dolphins conceding the season to get the kid some playing time & a higher pick in the next draft?

IOW Miami playing for next year?

So is this the Dolphins conceding the season to get the kid some playing time & a higher pick in the next draft?

IOW Miami playing for next year?

I think what Miami is playing for a big result a few years from now. Get through the NFL learning curve as fast as you can so in his 3-5th season they can get a shot at a roster with lots of money spent other than QB. Tanking right now makes little sense, they are far from the worst teams as we saw with the Jets game. Besides, Tua getting practice with the 1st team figures to be only a slight drop off at most and might actually make the offense a little better from defenses having to defend the RPO.

Seriously how hard is it to have a bunch of kids? When you make millions and can pay for everything you need along the way that's hardly an achievement. Now these guys in the hood having ten kids by eight baby mamas, whole different story...

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Seriously how hard is it to have a bunch of kids? When you make millions and can pay for everything you need along the way that's hardly an achievement. Now these guys in the hood having ten kids by eight baby mamas, whole different story...
Antonio Cromartie - 14 kids by 6 women.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Antonio Cromartie - 14 kids by 6 women.

Travis Henry has 11 children by 10 women
Willis McGahee has 9 children by 8 women
Derrick Thomas has (had) 7 children by 5 different women
Bennie Blades has 6 children by 6 women
Ray Lewis has 6 children by 4 women
Marshall Faulk has 6 children by 3 women

Say what ya will about Fitz and Rivers............ONE woman! Give them credit for that - and still being married to them although by now you could probably drive an 18-wheeler between the legs of their wives - that spot between their legs is so wiiiiiiiiiiiide

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Ryan Fitpatrick turns 38 next month.

Tua Tagovailoa is 22.

Tua today said that he and Ryan Fitzpatrick enjoy a father-son relationship.

Not sure Ryan wants to hear those words.

Fitzpatrick had the seventh highest QBR in the NFL when replaced by Tagovailoa.