Too many black refs now

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
You guys think it's bad now, just wait till they promote one of those women refs to the head.

They'll be less of a weak link wearing the white hat because their inability to move quickly will be less of an issue.

Also imho, to maintain their presence among the staff, but not actually on the field, many of them will be moved to the replay center.

hels

EOG Dedicated
The NBA bosses know that adding several female officials mostly is political. Some of them are average, but they're never going to be among the highest rated.

If they are then there should be playoff crews with three female officials. Eventually it may happen during the regular season, but it'll only be games that don't matter much.

Like anything, change has to be gradual. My belief is A! reffing is perfect, except for the fact it is unable to process emotions on the court. It doesn't know how to slow a game down when emotions are volatile.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
The fan base of every team that loses always thinks the refs cheated for the other team, both funny and sad at the same time

For sure a lot of truth to that but in this case some KC fans (and backer$$$) have openly admitted they were very blessed by the officiating.

In the 4Q the Chiefs offense, defense, and ST's never committed a single penalty! Or to be more precise, never had a single penalty called on them.

In addition while KC played perfectly in the 4Q the Bengals got called for more penalties in that quarter alone (5) than the Chiefs had all game long (4)!

That was one of the worst called 4Q's I've ever seen in the NFL. Maybe THE worst.

For sure we all get influenced by our teams and our wagers but when every call goes one way in the 4Q it is going to raise some eyebrows.

kane

EOG master
For sure a lot of truth to that but in this case some KC fans (and backer$$$) have openly admitted they were very blessed by the officiating.

In the 4Q the Chiefs offense, defense, and ST's never committed a single penalty! Or to be more precise, never had a single penalty called on them.

In addition while KC played perfectly in the 4Q the Bengals got called for more penalties in that quarter alone (5) than the Chiefs had all game long (4)!

That was one of the worst called 4Q's I've ever seen in the NFL. Maybe THE worst.

For sure we all get influenced by our teams and our wagers but when every call goes one way in the 4Q it is going to raise some eyebrows.
I agree with you that the Bengals had some calls go against them in the fourth, but I don't think the refs intentionally made those calls against the Bengals, before any game you know the refs will miss a handful of calls, as a fan/bettor all you can hope for is the missed/bad calls even out, if they miss a couple against both teams, so be it, but when all the missed/bad calls happen to go against one team, it's a bad look for the league, and I can understand the frustration. My contention isn't that the refs missed some calls, they did, but I don't think their intention was to screw the Bengals and favor the Chiefs. So in summary, yes the refs whistle favored the Chiefs, but I don't think there was any conspiracy behind it, just referees making some mistakes that happened to go against one team, the thought that the league rigged the game for KC is ridiculous, that's the thing I take issue with, not that the calls went against Cincy, but that they intentionally went against them

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Big difference between inept and corrupt.

Missed calls or blown calls are a product of the former, not the latter.

Unless your name is Tim Donaghy.

Tsk tsk.

Of course, to say corruption never happens is nearly as irresponsible as saying corruption always takes place.

With legal sports betting spreading like wildfire, people in charge of sports leagues need to be vigilant about the game's integrity.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I agree with you that the Bengals had some calls go against them in the fourth, but I don't think the refs intentionally made those calls against the Bengals, before any game you know the refs will miss a handful of calls, as a fan/bettor all you can hope for is the missed/bad calls even out, if they miss a couple against both teams, so be it, but when all the missed/bad calls happen to go against one team, it's a bad look for the league, and I can understand the frustration. My contention isn't that the refs missed some calls, they did, but I don't think their intention was to screw the Bengals and favor the Chiefs. So in summary, yes the refs whistle favored the Chiefs, but I don't think there was any conspiracy behind it, just referees making some mistakes that happened to go against one team, the thought that the league rigged the game for KC is ridiculous, that's the thing I take issue with, not that the calls went against Cincy, but that they intentionally went against them

Oh for sure, I agree with you. I wasn't presenting a case that any kind of fix was in, plenty of those guys around, I'm not one of them.

I just think it was called badly overall.

And it doesn't hurt to be the home team.....

I think refs can get caught up in the excitement and get influenced but no I don't think they went in the game with a plan to make the Chiefs win.

You hope the incompetence breaks even or at least fairly close to it. This one ended up leaning towards the Chiefs IMO.

Sounds like we're on the same page.....

We move on.

railbird

EOG Master
They'll be less of a weak link wearing the white hat because their inability to move quickly will be less of an issue.

Also imho, to maintain their presence among the staff, but not actually on the field, many of them will be moved to the replay center.
most of them are very timid and only call late hits ob or obvious illegal motion, havent seen one call offensive holding yet