Tracking the Pinny LEAN enclosed.

Re: Tracking the Pinny LEAN enclosed.

If you have 15000 scaps tracked then you have at least 10-12K examples of where Pinnacle was off enough to assume a lean. Feel free to go and see how many times they were 'right' and how many times they were wrong.

Or I will simply make this assumption, in about 70-75% of those scalps Pinny actually had the best number BOTH ways on the SAME game, so therefore the next logical question would be how do you determine a lean there when theyre leaning against themselves?

MOI - that is not true in my case. I am talking about getting buy back at Pinny or Matchbook. # moves and you get -110 or whatever on a number and you get the other side at Pinny for +113 or better - bang bang. Pinny does not have the best # on both sides in any of those cases. They did most likely have the best # on the buy back side.

Now, I certainly didn't get them all - So, there are imperfections in my data. On top of that a % of the buy backs might have actually had value if Pinny was just trying to get even. I just don't know why they did what they did. Because, the results are not sorted for variables. So, I do agree with you that only a % of the data includes cases where Pinny did have an opinion. On top of that the buy back side was not always on the favorite or dog - the over or the under. Some sports like baseball most of the value seems to develop on the dog side.

All, I am really trying to say is scalping and keeping track of the results taught me a little something that I can use. And that there is more to learn about the numbers and how to incorporate fundamentalism into the overall handicapping process. Being 100% technical and betting on numbers and not caring about which team it is does have flaws and is not a totally efficient model. I only cared about the data so I was leaning my scalps to try and make as much as I could. Now my focus is to make some money without such a tremendous capital outlay and risk of principal.

Real time scalps are nearly impossible these days. They were nearly impossible 6 or 7 years ago. Thats why I adapted to taking leads and buying back, same animal different ammunition.

I focused primarilly on baseball since they offer ML odds from the first offering. Spread based sports have way too many inconsistencies to form any real opinion.

Now, they guys that like to focus on this so called lean are under the assumption that middle of the pack moves and lines mean more than early and late lines do because that is when the 'sharps' are betting them and the limits are at their peak. That is incorrect. But I wont get into all of it because I do like to keep some things close to the vest.

But regardless lines are changing constantly. Look at a typical NBA game, spreads moves, totals move which in some cases causes the vig on the spread to move, MLs move which can sometime effect the spread and the vig on the spread. So many moving parts and so many different ways they do it there is no way to tell. Unless people had access to the total handle on tht particular game and compared it to other games with similar (or better yet EXACT) moves and vigs and spreads and totals, there is no way to know what theyre doing.

I bought early then bought back. According to people here If I got in big on a 'better' (pre steam) move I would have way the best of it. I tracked my leads every day and at all sorts of intervals. I got a 'good' lead (one that offered the best price, or within a penny or two, of the day) about 90% of the time. Thats is pretty good. Most guys would claim impossible and others would say it would be a license to steal. But like I say I tracked those moves and I did better in the long run buying back for a guaranteed profit. I didnt always buy back full but in most cases i did. Just depends on the reason for the moves in some cases.

For example say I averaged buying a side -115 the average closing line on the teams I bet ended up being -137. So on average I got 22 cents better. According to some of the smart guys I couldnt lose doing that. Which may or may not be true. Again Im not going to give specifics. Just say that taking the +129 on average was better than sitting pat with the better prices. The 3% guaranteed profit outweighs the 'advantages' of getting a better price one way.

This all boils down to approach. I dont take opinions from anyone. The new approach for guys is to listen to anyone who is smart and learn from that. I say I learned more on my own than those guys can show me. That may or may not be true. But in the end the only opinion you should be relying on is your own. At least if youre serious about it. All you get from following other guys or second guessing yourself due to some imaginary lean or someone elses opion is confusion. In the end you have to think your opinion and reasoning is better than theirs over the long haul. Guys are gong to be right when your wrong, you will be right when theyre wrong. Thats how it goes. The seret is to get paid the most when your right and be right more times than they are wrong.

I have said it before me and you could play 500 games exactly the same side in baseball. We are obviously then going to have the same exact record. If you get 3 or 4 cents more than me on winners and pay 2 or 3 cents less than me on losers you will kick my ass. Thats simple math, everything else is nonsense and doesnt mean anything.

There is no 'right side wrong result stupidity'. A winner is a winner and a loser is a loser. What I WOULD worry about though is if you got a winner at +130, but a lot of other guys got +140 or more. Most definitely if +160 were available for quite a while. all that show is you had the ability to follow everyone else and it just happened to be right that time.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

I like the way you think! Risk aversion was my problem early on and then I became more or less addicted to winning and could not stand to lose. What you said about bang bang scalps not being there anymore is really true. I harvested off of locals up until the last year. Now, I am back to the drawing board with the data I kept track of. Which mostly consisted of beating the locals time after time after time and having to refill Pinny and Matchbook most of the time. I could not break even with them long term even with some of their good buy back numbers. But, it wasn't far off so I just took the guaranteed profit of which mine only ran about 2% compared to the 3% you did which sounds really good if it was on big volume.

Frank Abigail

EOG Member

2/4/2012

Uconn : -7 $110/100

Syracuse : -12.5 $110/100

Xavier: +6.5 $110/100

St. Joe: -1.5 $110/100

Lines from Rebatewager

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Again?

Following a sports book that has no better idea of what a line should be on any given event is an easy way to make money? When did this happen?

And like Steak said..... All the major books get the same sharp bets that Pinnacle gets. So if Pinnacle moves the game a little bit farther it becomes a bet? Really?

All that would mean is that you are doing nothing more than following the originators (at a worse price) .... And according to all the " math students" here that is a losing proposition.

What gives?

:LMAO

You're not getting the worse price. How dumb can you be?

It doesn't matter if you're the world's best handicapper, if you're not betting rogue lines you are throwing away money.

High Times

EOG Master

It doesn't matter if you're the world's best handicapper, if you're not betting rogue lines you are throwing away money.

Betting rogue lines ......

1) has NOTHING to do with handicapping!

2) has NOTHING to do with what Pinnacle is using!

:btj:

Betting into rogue lines is a completely different subject.!!!!!

:shoot:

Can we agree with that?

High Times

EOG Master

And how exactly are you getting equal OR better lines?

Most of these bets come before the rogue books open so for most of these bets you can't ever get the original line that was bet at Pinnacle or CRIS or the other major books that open first.

You are NOT getting the bets in at the same prices that the originator is getting. Some but not all ... not even close.

:pop:

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Frank

What % of these games reverse and go against you on the close..?

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Can we agree with that?

Pinnacle is just a quick and easy way to find rogue lines as steak pointed out earlier in the thread.

J

joeybagadonuts

Can we agree with that?

I can agree with this. But who the fuck cares about handicapping?

You are too concerned about being a hadicapper, which you suck at, btw.

Tim and most people who actually make money gambling don't give a fuck about handicapping they care about making +ev selections which in turn will make them money.

Frank Abigail

EOG Member

A lot of posters don't get it. There is more to it than the lean Pinny displays, but not much.

I will continue to track it, but there will still be ones that want to argue when I continue hit at a winning %

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

The pinny lean is very real in my opinion. We will see

People are convinced there's a Pinny lean, Its very real in your brain, which to you is very real. People are convinced they have seen aliens, its very real in their brain, which to them is very real. There is no conspiracy, just dopey punters looking for an easy way to bet sports.

Here's an easier way and just as successful, flip a coin. :btj::cheers

High Times

EOG Master

I can agree with this. But who the fuck cares about handicapping?

You are too concerned about being a hadicapper, which you suck at, btw.

Tim and most people who actually make money gambling don't give a fuck about handicapping they care about making +ev selections which in turn will make them money.

:LMAO

You're such a dope.......

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

And how exactly are you getting equal OR better lines?

Most of these bets come before the rogue books open so for most of these bets you can't ever get the original line that was bet at Pinnacle or CRIS or the other major books that open first.

You are NOT getting the bets in at the same prices that the originator is getting. Some but not all ... not even close.

I don't think anybody is saying that a really good originator does not end up with better prices. Not everybody has that kind of staff and handicapping expertise. Sooner or later the wise guy money shows its hand and from then on some players are betting numbers with no regard whatsoever to whose bodies are inside the jerseys. The are not getting an original price but may still be getting a number with some value?

So, yes these players harvest in an extent off of some of the work of the originators. OK, all this action goes on the hot side and books are one sided. All they have to do is offer a decent buy back number to scalper and ho types and they can reduce their risk. But, no - they are hard headed and try to beat everybody - not willing to give in and let go of any of the juice they have sold.

newport2

EOG Dedicated

Wouldn't you rather wager on the games Henry is betting out? Wewoka Switch!

Frank Abigail

EOG Member

Disregard the Giants bet, although it is a strong play. I mentioned early NCABB only.

Thanks

High Times

EOG Master

They have had the Super Bowl total a lot lower than everyone else.

Right there is a lean if there ever was one!

Although the total has already moved down.

But like I have always said it's the same thing all over....

Pinny almost always favors the "dogs and unders" this game is just another game where Pinny likes the dog and under.

That's why I call bullshit on this lean bullshit.

They are almost always favoring the dog and under. Not too hard to figure out and nothing to care about.

Period

Frank Abigail

EOG Member

While I agree to an extent. Follow Pinny in the Baseball lean and you will see the complete opposite. I will track that when the season starts also.

Ray, not sure

Pinny almost always favors the "dogs and unders" this game is just another game where Pinny likes the dog and under.

They are almost always favoring the dog and under. Not too hard to figure out and nothing to care about.

Period

Frank Abigail

EOG Member

I have also found tracking Pinny for NCAAB and Baseball to be most profitable. NBA, NFL not so much

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Frank,

Can you explain why Minnesota wa not a lean and Niagra was.

Nice win!

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Ray, no idea, didn't pay attention to that line

they were +1 -123 at the time I saw the Niagra play. But I know you look at the open so I was curious...

Great job so far 90% does not get better than that :cheers

Ray Luca

EOG Master

High Times again showing he has little clue. The theory works, but to optimize it you need to understand what you are betting on, if the play makes sense, etc. A combo strategy works the best where me liking a play, combined with pinny lean liking the play means hitting it harder.

royalfan post is very sharp. Combo is really the key

This is the post u should reread over and over again...

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Period

LOL - that total was a "shade" not a "lean" - LOL! We need a better definition of a lean. Univerally accepted and agreed upon? All jokes aside you and Frank appear to have different definitions. In my case - shades or favors mean nothing. Kind of like being pregnant or not. Being pretty close to a lean is not good enough - has to get over the Mendoza line.

But, all leans are not created equal - there are slight leans, pretty good leans, great leans and MONSTERS!

Ok, a little humor there but in handicapper jargon - there are picks that are pretty close but don't make it and then really good picks that do - right? So, the separation between what is a lean and what is not is pretty important here, right. Can't be judgemental - needs exact critieria, right?

High Times

EOG Master

LOL - that total was a "shade" not a "lean" - LOL! We need a better definition of a lean. Univerally accepted and agreed upon? All jokes aside you and Frank appear to have different definitions. In my case - shades or favors mean nothing. Kind of like being pregnant or not. Being pretty close to a lean is not good enough - has to get over the Mendoza line.

But, all leans are not created equal - there are slight leans, pretty good leans, great leans and MONSTERS!

Ok, a little humor there but in handicapper jargon - there are picks that are pretty close but don't make it and then really good picks that do - right? So, the separation between what is a lean and what is not is pretty important here, right. Can't be judgemental - needs exact critieria, right?

:+clueless

You lost me there

Pinny "leaned" to the under in the Super Bowl. What else would you call it?

Shade/lean/favored ...... They all mean the same thing. Either you have the lower OR higher line/odds or you don't.

You actually believe you can look at lines any other way?

You can't label an "off line" other than what it is an "OFF LINE"

You guys are making something out of nothing.

But keep up the good work

High Times

EOG Master

Pinnacle obviously was taking a lot more over bets than under bets on the line they were using for the last couple days before the Super Bowl.

There was no way Pinnacle wasn't forcing OVER money and again NONE of you know why!!!!! Looks like they LOVED the under! Period!

Actually the lean on the UNDER was one of the biggest leans I have seen Pinny use the last few weeks. It doesn't get any more obvious than that!

That is the biggest reason all you "Pinny lean" posters are full of it!

None of you have any clue why they are using a line/odds for any event. All you can do is GUESS WHY they (Pinny) are using the lines/odds on an event.

The line Pinny used on the Super Bowl total was SCREAMING at all of you Pinny followers to bet the under!

Frank Abigail

EOG Member

^
^
^
^
Has no CLUE. Is there a way to ignore a poster? Fine, Pinny lean is made up and doesn't exist. Get out of the damn thread then.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Frank, lots of haters and it gets frustrating.... keep up the work. They will never follow either cause if they can't win nobody can...thats the mentality.

Call it whatever, I call it 9-1 L10 and thats what counts...:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

I did notice what HT referred to on that total. Pinnacle was consistently lower than the rest of my outs all weekend, but I never pulled the trigger. Seemed like a lean to me, although I understand that you're only using CBB for this thread, Frank. Continued success.:cheers