Trendy Dog Is Usually Dog Tired Next Time Out....

Heim

EOG Master
I got sucked in with North Texas. No legs plus number was heavily discounted after Purdue game.

Looks like same with Abiline today. I was a little surprised with the lite opener too.

Sure there's Oral, but usually someone breaks out of the pack every year.

Interesting story at Southpoint re Oral Roberts/Ohio State. One linesmaker made them

22.5, another came in at 14.5. I believed it opened 16. Just shows you, a Mid-Major crap-shoot

early for them too.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
One linesmaker made them 22.5, another came in at 14.5. I believed it opened 16.

Just shows you, a Mid-Major crap-shoot early for them too.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but note that the Sagarin Blended and Predictor lines for the game were 16.8. Without evidence of an injury or other info, someone that comes in at 22.5 is ridiculous.

Heim

EOG Master
I hate to sound like a broken record, but note that the Sagarin Blended and Predictor lines for the game were 16.8. Without evidence of an injury or other info, someone that comes in at 22.5 is ridiculous.

What was the margin with KenPom on the Ohio State game?

I usually look at two things for my amateur opinion on a game. First how many games was their road to the conference title and when was it. A lot of these teams get byes and all so it was two or three games max 14 days before the tournament. Plenty of time to rest and get over the excitement of qualifying, but for teams like Oregon State it's not so their run has definitely been surprising. Then I just look at the FG% in the first game. Some stick out like a sore thumb of unsustainability like Colorado shooting lights out and FSU 0/9 from three. That stuff regresses fast in neutral courts with unfamiliar backgrounds.

Im sure others have good tidbits but I can't imagine paying attention to power ratings matters other than figuring out where the line is likely to be set at. Power ratings mean so little right now, I can't imagine what you could program into these to tie together conference ratings with so many suspended games and games with guys out for quarantine or injury.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I like HEIM's phraseology here.

Trendy dog/dog tired.

I think it was Steve Lappas who said this past weekend that a team doesn't bring momentum into the NCAA tournament.

Rather, a team builds momentum as the NCAA tournament carries on.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I like HEIM's phraseology here.

Trendy dog/dog tired.

I think it was Steve Lappas who said this past weekend that a team doesn't bring momentum into the NCAA tournament.

Rather, a team builds momentum as the NCAA tournament carries on.

I think momentum starts in the conference tournaments and builds from there...rather see teams playing well near the end of the season than the beginning...