Treo600 test post.

onl??ker

EOG Member
Posting from my Treo600.

Just seeing if I can post at different forums from this Treo.

I had to do some changes in the UserCP to get it to work here and at sbr.

I will post that info later, so current and future Treo users will know what to do.

Baker

EOG Member
Just for the hell of it I am posting this from my PSP.

Sony just unveiled a new web browser. Pretty nice!

onl??ker

EOG Member
Baker said:

Thats pretty cool.

How do you connect to the internet on the PSP?

Baker

EOG Member
onl??ker said:
Its got built in wireless? If so, thats sweet.

PSP can either connect wirelessly to other PSP's for head to head play or onto any 54g network with its bulit in wireless.

onl??ker

EOG Member
Baker said:
PSP can either connect wirelessly to other PSP's for head to head play or onto any 54g network with its bulit in wireless.

Nice.

I dont think he means cell company wireless jj. Wireless G that you need a ISP to have work, with a wireless router. Or be in a WIFI hotspot.

onlooker there are many open wireless networks around the city and residential areas. It's free!

Might have to get a trio if it has a wireless g.

onl??ker

EOG Member
coconutman said:
onlooker there are many open wireless networks around the city and residential areas. It's free!

Yes I know coco , thats what a hotspot basicly is.

No the treo dont have wireless G, it has internet service thru a cell service.

Baker

EOG Member
The device I am talking about is a PSP (Playstation Portable). Sony just released a fully functional browser that works in conjunction with its built in wireless capability.

The PSP will fit in your back pocket and seems to allow access to all offshore books, I even placed a wager at Pinnacle with it last night. I think it is well worth the $250 price.

Not bad Baker

It seems now you need a smart phone as it eliminates need for any other devices and if you compare regular flip phones as far as size and weight there is not a huge difference.

onl??ker

EOG Member
Baker said:
The device I am talking about is a PSP (Playstation Portable). Sony just released a fully functional browser that works in conjunction with its built in wireless capability.

The PSP will fit in your back pocket and seems to allow access to all offshore books, I even placed a wager at Pinnacle with it last night. I think it is well worth the $250 price.

Yes I know Baker. Sounds like its a good deal, but your still limited to hotspots. I may pick up a PSP in the future.

onl??ker

EOG Member
Baker said:

The new Sony web browser free, or is there a fee?

I may buy one from my wifes work, with a discount that is. :D

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast
I understand that the Treo 650 is really better for navigating the web then the 600. Good thread very interested in this wireless market thing.

Baker

EOG Member
onl??ker said:
The new Sony web browser free, or is there a fee?

I may buy one from my wifes work, with a discount that is. :D

The web browser is a free download.

onl??ker

EOG Member
Dewey Finn said:
I understand that the Treo 650 is really better for navigating the web then the 600. Good thread very interested in this wireless market thing.

Not sure if it is or not. I would think its the same. If it is, then JJ that makes it that much better.

Thanks Baker for your info.