Tuesday's Olympic ice

feel free to do with it what you like guys

I'm loving Russia over 5 1/2 -119....biggest bet so far of the games **6** units

Sweeden - 1/2 +120 3 units

for tomorrow going with team canada in women's final(I have them winning gold,but that is a lock)

- 4 1/2 +120 3 units

gl guys....might have other opinions later for the tuesday junk,but get on russia over.Leaning to playing a side there,but will wait......

gl guys

key notes....

Jagr might miss
Canada has key innjuries I will report
forsberg might miss

there are 2 more key injuries I will check on:rolleyes: :smokesmal :+wink-2+

thanks Raiders.they've been playing great without the best player in the world.when he's in the lineup with alfredson,sundin,lidsrom...etc

they will be scary

the 1 question I had 2 months ago was goaltending.that question has been answered.they are very solid behind the pipes so to say:+wink-2+ :+thumbs-2

I have a question about the Russian total...

The top 4 teams from each group qualify for the medal round. Seedings are by record (points) then goal differential within each group.

If the medal round were to start today the seedings would be:
A
1. Finland
2. Switzerland
3. Canada
4. Czech

B
1. Slovakia
2. Russia
3. Sweden
4. US

On Tuesday:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=504><TBODY><TR><TD width=434 bgColor=silver><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tex bgColor=#ececec colSpan=2>6:30 AM EST <!-- (RTSS) --></TD><TD class=tex align=middle width=20 bgColor=#ececec>T</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tex width=25 bgColor=#ffffff> </IMG></TD><TD class=tex bgColor=#ffffff><NOBR>Italy <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=tex align=middle width=20 bgColor=#ececec>0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tex width=25 bgColor=#ffffff> </IMG></TD><TD class=tex bgColor=#ffffff><NOBR>Switzerland </NOBR></TD><TD class=tex align=middle width=20 bgColor=#ececec>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=times12 align=middle>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=504><TBODY><TR><TD width=434 bgColor=silver><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tex bgColor=#ececec colSpan=2>10:30 AM EST <!-- (RTSS) --></TD><TD class=tex align=middle width=20 bgColor=#ececec>T</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tex width=25 bgColor=#ffffff> </IMG></TD><TD class=tex bgColor=#ffffff><NOBR>Czech Republic <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=tex align=middle width=20 bgColor=#ececec>0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tex width=25 bgColor=#ffffff> </IMG></TD><TD class=tex bgColor=#ffffff><NOBR>Canada </NOBR></TD><TD class=tex align=middle width=20 bgColor=#ececec>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=times12 align=middle>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=504><TBODY><TR><TD width=434 bgColor=silver><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tex bgColor=#ececec colSpan=2>2:00 PM EST <!-- (RTSS) --></TD><TD class=tex align=middle width=20 bgColor=#ececec>T</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tex width=25 bgColor=#ffffff> </IMG></TD><TD class=tex bgColor=#ffffff><NOBR>Slovakia <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=tex align=middle width=20 bgColor=#ececec>0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tex width=25 bgColor=#ffffff> </IMG></TD><TD class=tex bgColor=#ffffff><NOBR>Sweden </NOBR></TD><TD class=tex align=middle width=20 bgColor=#ececec>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=times12 align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=504><TBODY><TR><TD width=434 bgColor=silver><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tex bgColor=#ececec colSpan=2>2:30 PM EST <!-- (RTSS) --></TD><TD class=tex align=middle width=20 bgColor=#ececec>T</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tex width=25 bgColor=#ffffff> </IMG></TD><TD class=tex bgColor=#ffffff><NOBR>Russia <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=tex align=middle width=20 bgColor=#ececec>0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tex width=25 bgColor=#ffffff> </IMG></TD><TD class=tex bgColor=#ffffff><NOBR>United States </NOBR></TD><TD class=tex align=middle width=20 bgColor=#ececec>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=times12 align=middle>

The only way Russia can be seeded #1 in Group B is if Sweden beats Slovakia. Then it will be a matter of goal differential where Russia has the advantage. Russia - 11, Slovakia - 7, Sweden - 6.

The US is pretty much locked into 4th place unless Lavia defeats Kazakhstan by a bunch.

Russia scored 9 goals against Latvia and 9 goals combined against Slovakia, Sweden and Kazakhstan. Combine that with the US scoring 9 goals in 4 game. Add in that Russia has allowed 7 goals and the US 8 and it all points to a low-scoring affair.

On the flip side, Russia has never forgotten 1980 but I do not think that is a critical factor.

Throw in that there is very little rest allowed in the schedule and there is no motivation on the part of either team to push their star players.

Joe,I looked at the same thing.Here's what I'm looking at.The US has played horrible.yet they have showed signs.they got many chances against sweeden.This should be a great up and down game.US needs to get on a roll.This is the perfect oponent to break out against.I could easily see a 4-4,5-4 game here.Russia played sloppy last game,but got off against a bad team......this should be fun

guys,I'm adding 2 units on the Canadian women.....from all acounts,they WILL try and run up the score......thanks to the US losing to the seeds,our women will really put the pedal down......

I'm playing over 6 1/2 as well +110 for 2 1/2 units as well.....only worry is 6-0 game.....

look for canada to outshoot sweeds by at least 30 shots....if this happens,which it will,no excuses for not winning by 5

so canada is a big play,the over medium

I also added the swiss - 1 1/2 -125 for 3 units against Italy

gl guys:+cool-1+ :+cool-1+ :+signs8-1

guys,I'm adding 2 units on the Canadian women.....from all acounts,they WILL try and run up the score......thanks to the US losing to the seeds,our women will really put the pedal down......

I'm playing over 6 1/2 as well +110 for 2 1/2 units as well.....only worry is 6-0 game.....

look for canada to outshoot sweeds by at least 30 shots....if this happens,which it will,no excuses for not winning by 5

so canada is a big play,the over medium

I also added the swiss - 1 1/2 -125 for 3 units against Italy

gl guys:+cool-1+ :+cool-1+ :+signs8-1

Let's get em' both Jimmy....

hoping US backers have driven the line down thinking Sweeden is that good......

Reality is,states aren't the same team without Cammy Granato!!:cocktail :+wink-2+

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted
Not sure what the effect on the total will be but odds are with it by the time the US game goes off they will be playing for nothing since Latvia game will be over. I would guess US will rest as many players as possible(probably different goalie as well) since they play wednesday night.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=331 bgColor=#666666 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#dfdfdf><TD width=45 height=18>FT</TD><TD align=right width=154>Canada</TD><TD align=middle width=5> </TD><TD align=middle width=25>4</TD><TD align=right width=6>(</TD><TD align=middle width=18>2</TD><TD align=middle width=18>2</TD><TD align=middle width=18>0</TD><TD align=middle width=18> </TD><TD align=middle width=18> </TD><TD align=left width=6>)</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TD colSpan=11 height=1></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dfdfdf><TD width=45 height=18> </TD><TD align=right width=154>Sweden</TD><TD align=middle width=5> </TD><TD align=middle width=25>1</TD><TD align=right width=6>(</TD><TD align=middle width=18>0</TD><TD align=middle width=18>0</TD><TD align=middle width=18>1</TD><TD align=middle width=18> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

sorry guys.very bad beat........we did triple them in shots and couldn't win.

apologies again,I was very big on canada here......shocked they didn't pile it on.after scoring in the first 2 minutes I saw 10 goal game possibilities....

hope to rebound tomorrow.I'll report later on any scratches for tomorrow's games

Blacklab said:
feel free to do with it what you like guys

I'm loving Russia over 5 1/2 -119....biggest bet so far of the games **6** units

Sweeden - 1/2 +120 3 units

Lab: What's up with Sweden ? I bet the Russia over early, but laid off Sweden so far.

Swedes were -140 ML, now +107, went from giving a half to getting a half on the spread.

What's the late opinion on them ?

So far have Russia over only for Tues, will play Swiss, maybe Russia side.

Why the big line move ?

sweeds are pretty secure in the standings....I talked with Pierre Mcguire,and he seems to think they'll rest a few players....Forsberg for sure

I still like them...too amny weapons

Russia side looks tempting,but something tells me US comes out strong

I will lay low this rd

scary games

I love swiss
and russia total

tell me canada game dosen't scare you
tell me finland game could go either way
tell me us can't upset russia

this is weird rd

just play swiss
russia total

I'll se if I can find some props,but wait till the later rds.This rd just has a weird feel doug

I'm actually looking forward to betting the nhl; and europe ice again

really think we can get to 300 units soon.

and I'll start posting overnights in NBA totals again to start middling.Feeling good so far

Canada women hurt.and yesterdays men's ice hurt

we had a fun all star game,and ,made some on curling....

adding 2 units on swiss - 1 1/2

also,look at canada - 1 1/2 pts -127 in men's curling over USA

3 unit play here

also same game can 1st 5 ends - 1/2 -150 2 units

plus,here have a sharp here who has a great angle on bobsleigh

he has german lang +170 for 1 unit
and Pierre leuders +690 1/2 a unit

I followed

but grab the curling

Jimmy,if I lost more than I won I'd be living in the same trailor park as Uwin:D

Let's have a great day tomorrow:cheers :cheers :smoke

Sweden wants to lose.

youll never walk alone from Sweden
SWEDEN-SLOVAKIA mens hockey.

If SCHWEIZ beat italy then sweden should lose there game tomorow if they dont wont to meet canada or tjeckien in the play off.

If they loose they will meet schweiz.

Just a reminder

I saw a intervju whith the swedish coach Bengt ?ke gustavsson he didnt know what to do

:+thumbs-2 IGLOOS

also Doug,since the NBA was doing well before the all star break,I decided to post like I did before.overnights.enjoy

movers will be wiz over 192 1/2
raps under 189 1/2
denver way over 204 -115
pistons under 191

the rest are my plays.

also,to note,steamaker wasn't created by me.you can ask any mod at the rx.was a guy at my office.I later posted euro ice with the handle...only ghost I used was hockey rob here....

I know you followed steams euro ice.He's the only guy who was really good with the euro ice.If you ever talk with INspades,ask him if he still keeps in contact with him.I left that betting office,and he left before I did.thanks

good luck tomorrow

Also,Raiders.......Canada hasn't scored a goal in 6 periods.If they look like shit against the checks,I'd wanna see them whoever I was......

Sweeden will have trouble with finesse teams....Russia,and Finland.......

think sweeden matches up well with any team

Prongers ankle is fractured,he's skating poor

Brodeurs weak in nets(Luongo should start,but they won't)
sakic broke a cheek bone
Iginla non existant

here's the problem with the nhl schedule......these guys are hurt,tired,and it's showing........

Let's just hope for russia 5-3 score

I'm also gonna look at some draws tomorrow.....

can see 3 games ending tied

canada game
sweeden game
latvia game

and russia game as well....maybe 5-5?

anyways,good luck guys.hope everyone is doing well.looking forward to bases starting up......was a nice year last year,and think we have some good acppers here

hope to see you more raiders here.take care:smokesmal

Raiders....all sweeden can do is rest players....they will never try and lose

they are too talented....I love them to win it all

BigDaddy

EOG Master
Blacklab said:
Raiders....all sweeden can do is rest players....they will never try and lose

they are too talented....I love them to win it all

Those are the words i love to hear!:+music1-6

Lab: I know you're good.

I took Russia over ( early) as biggest play

Swiss -1.5 -121 medium

Sweden +.5 -140 Small

Was going to go ML on that, but the half goal only cost 35 cents on a 5.5 total, too cheap not to buy it.

I'll wait on curling, not until Weds anyway, don't know much about it.

I assume an end is roughly equivelant to a frame in bowling, when you look at the results ?

Not too many outs for this. I've only used Pinny and SIA, others like 5D, Oly,Wagerweb,Bet $3.65, CRIS have been a waste of time to bother looking at, and SIA has 88-220 limits ( but off lines), seems Pinny only real option.

Can't use Betfair !

I'll do the NBA, You've always been spot on with the moves.

Doug said:
Lab: I know you're good.

I took Russia over ( early) as biggest play

Swiss -1.5 -121 medium

Sweden +.5 -140 Small

Was going to go ML on that, but the half goal only cost 35 cents on a 5.5 total, too cheap not to buy it.

I'll wait on curling, not until Weds anyway, don't know much about it.

I assume an end is roughly equivelant to a frame in bowling, when you look at the results ?

Not too many outs for this. I've only used Pinny and SIA, others like 5D, Oly,Wagerweb,Bet $3.65, CRIS have been a waste of time to bother looking at, and SIA has 88-220 limits ( but off lines), seems Pinny only real option.

Can't use Betfair !

I'll do the NBA, You've always been spot on with the moves.

I'd aggree with your value on the games

I can understand the line move against sweeden.Just natural with the possibilty to rest players.....All the medal rd teams will be careful.....

Here's something to look at.The us needs to win,and look good.They were really pressing last game.....

I'm really tempted to bump my play.Really a gut feel they will try and slug it out with Russia.....look for many 2-1's,3-2's in this game...look for a 70 shot(combined) performance:+thumbs-2

swiss have really impressed as well.I like them to look convincing here.

Let's hope sweeded wins the whole thing......I think me and BDaddy have a nice piece on them.......

<TABLE class=tborder id=post104406 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_104406><!-- icon and title --> Going out on a limb.....tons of value here
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I'm Canadian,and love team Canada.....think they are on paper by far the best team in the Olympics.....yet,no value in +151,and they don't have the greatest player in the world on their team....see big value in 2 lines out now

Sweeden is anywhere from +500-600

team is stacked,and Forsberg is the greatest player in the world...has a great cast around him,and is their weak goaltending can hold up,I love them at this price.....

Russia also at +600 is a steal in value.......

whatever you guys do,stay away from betting the USA....think they are the poorest team they've assembled in a long,long,long time.....I will be fading them all tourney,and think there will be value fading them against a 2nd tier team.....

example a slovakia(for sure)----Germany, swiss,or even kazakstan (far fetched)......US is in deep trouble

Finland too has a weak team,and now strarting goalie pulled out

should be fun guys

I predict

Gold - sweeden
Silver - Canada
Bronze - Russia

Here's a few funny things.I said to fade the U.S and that they were the worst team in awhile......What's funny is I said they;'d lose to a second tier team,and what do they do,1st game out tie Latvia at +700

I also stated Finland would be in trouble,but wow,look at them,undefeated looking great........Thought with the loss of their starting goalie they'd be in trouble,but Nitomaki has stepped in well.....

1 thing we cannot deny

sweeden great value from anywhere +500-700
russia great value

canada no value at +150

and USA is very poor

I just feel bad for Gretzky in all this

Lab- I followed you on that Russia total and I'm with you on the Swe future. The Russia game is interesting too because they have the same record as Sweden but are 5 ahead on the goal differential. Does Russia make a farce of the game and lose by 7 or 8 goals? I think there's a very slim chance of it happening but you never know. This is like week 17 in the NFL.

Here are Pinny odds. Anyone see anything.

<TABLE id=tblPropFut onmouseover="changeto(event, '#F6C88F')" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#EEEEEE')" cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b0><TD width="15%"> 2/21</TD><TD colSpan=2>Canada vs The Field
If Canada wins the men's gold medal, then Canada is the winner. If any other teams wins the gold medal, then the field is the winner.</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>06:00 AM</TD><TD class=MBB>3001 Canada</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+225</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>3002 Field</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-253</TD></TR><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b1><TD width="15%">Tue 2/21</TD><TD colSpan=2>Canada vs Czech Republic
If both teams are eliminated in same round, all bets will be refunded.</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>07:30 AM</TD><TD class=MBB>3003 Canada</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-161</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>3004 Czech Republic</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+143</TD></TR><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b2><TD width="15%">Tue 2/21</TD><TD colSpan=2>USA vs Slovakia
If both teams are eliminated in same round, all bets will be refunded.</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>07:00 AM</TD><TD class=MBB>3005 USA</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+158</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>3006 Slovakia</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-176</TD></TR><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b3><TD width="15%">Tue 2/21</TD><TD colSpan=2>Russia vs Sweden
If both teams are eliminated in same round, all bets will be refunded.</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>11:00 AM</TD><TD class=MBB>3007 Russia</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+117</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>3008 Sweden</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-133</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

raiders72001 said:
Lab- I followed you on that Russia total and I'm with you on the Swe future. The Russia game is interesting too because they have the same record as Sweden but are 5 ahead on the goal differential. Does Russia make a farce of the game and lose by 7 or 8 goals? I think there's a very slim chance of it happening but you never know. This is like week 17 in the NFL.

tremendous point......That's why I have very few opinions here.....Look at Canada.Our team has so much pride it's eating the shit out of them.Same goes for the cheks.These 2 were the top 2 teams going in and both have 2 losses.and now they play each other.They need to get their Mojo back.That is 1 total I may look at over.Hasek is out.Brodeur looks poor,and both teams have been playing very weak......I haven't touched it,but I will let you know after talking with Pierre Mcguirre tomorrow.Still not sure who's out for who......

In the case of Russia,they just have so many stars,even if they rest 1,they'll have so much offence.....

I'll try and find you some info before I go to bed.:+thumbs-2 :+thumbs-2

http://www.tsn.ca/olympics/news_story/?ID=155593&hubname=olympics
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/torino/hockey/2006-02-20-esche-russia_x.htm
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/torino/hockey/2006-02-15-mens-capsules_x.htm

also,can you imagine if Marcus Naslund decided to play?

Sweeden would be just unreal.....look for richard Zetterburg to play really well tommorrow as well as daniel alfredson and both sedin twins have been finding each other]

also,count on Ovechkin playing,and Kovulchuk.....One thing I love about the Russians is their selfishness......they hate the us,and they are really playmakers.....these guys love doing it themselves,and will try and score as many as they can

tricky....at first glance slovakia looks like a great matchup raiders....but both them and us will have to play good teams......

us likely finland no?
and slovakia will prolly catch the checks,....US really can't win,so I like slovaks

I hate chalk.......but saying that,the field still has value.......I bet the field 2 months ago and got -145 methinks.I'll check my ticket,but loved that value then......Gotta imagine Canada needing to beat 3 solid teams now.......

I just hate the chalk.......Only matchup looking good is slovakia