Twins/Pirates on August 3

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Not sure if anyone else was watching but:.

Tie game 4-4 and bottom of the ninth- runners on 2nd and third. I have the Twins runline and over 9 1/2.

Cruz hits a deep shot to centerfield and one hops the fence. (man-I wanted a hr or ground rule double) Walkoff single. Cruz never touches 2b.

Today, they award Cruz a double. Duh - what about the run on 2b???

skinny

EOG Addicted
Doesn't matter, the only way more than one run scores is a home run.
Ground rules double does not matter, only the runner on third would count.
It has happened many times before.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Doesn't matter, the only way more than one run scores is a home run.
Ground rules double does not matter, only the runner on third would count.
It has happened many times before.

Even with a bases loaded walk off ground rule double? Thought I have seen that - will have to dig in the archives - LOL I agree that the runner on 2b never touched home but also positive Cruz never touched 2b.

Fair point but to most whether he made it to first or second is irrelevant. Whether an additional runner went to home is relevant. With sports becoming so intertwined with gambling stat people are going to have to be more precise on this stuff, but for now I think few paid attention to him so was just easier to say well he was entitled to a double so I'll put it down as such.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
If Cruz never touched 2nd, then it's not a double. Period.

However it was actually Bryan Reynolds' unreal catch in left to end the 6th that killed your bet.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I was watching also, i bet Pirates live +265 at some point mid/late game when Twins had runners on.
That Burdi (reliever who have up runs in the end) has electric stuff but has no fucking clue where his ball is moving. Polanco somewhat lucky with the pinch hit blooper to start that inning off but he had hell of an at bat.
Agree though even ground rule double final score is one run lead

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Robin Ventura grand slam single anyone?

Official scorer screwed up. It's only a single if he never touched second base. For the books and the boxscore.