VIEJO DINOSAUR is a NUEVO HOMBRE

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Arturo looks like a new man.

Still the dashing good looks but now he's lost considerable weight.

The last time I saw Arturo he was lumbering around Arlington Park at 300+ pounds.

Arturo went on a diet and lost an apprentice jockey!

Great job, VD.

Don't stop now.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Arturo lost weight the old-fashioned way: Will power.

But I hear the diabetic drug Ozempic is effective, too.

One of its off-label uses is weight loss.

A Chinese doctor here in Costa Rica is offering weekly Ozempic injections for $60 or thereabouts.

The pill form of the Ozempic shot is called Rybelsus.

Last edited:

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Wow! Very impressive. Not easy to lose that kind of weight. Takes dedication and getting yourself in the right frame of mind.
Congrats VD.
When you get yourself mentally and physically fit you feel good everyday. It makes it easier taking last minute bad beats in Sports.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Arturo lost weight the old-fashioned weigh: Will power.

But I hear the diabetic drug Ozempic is effective, too.

One of its off-label uses is weight loss.

A Chinese doctor here in Costa Rica is offering weekly Ozempic injections for $60 or thereabouts.

The pill form of the Ozempic shot is called Rybelsus.
I take Mountejaro but have to be aware of the nausea side effects. Couple that with being here and I have to be wary of dehydration.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I take Mountejaro but have to be aware of the nausea side effects. Couple that with being here and I have to be wary of dehydration.

Swimming and walking almost everyday and eating sensible….my daughter got me started and still encourages me every week…I will need to lose about another 30 pounds to get into fighting shape(are you listening Rail)….also drinking much more water and less Coke Zero…

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
Swimming and walking almost everyday and eating sensible….my daughter got me started and still encourages me every week…I will need to lose about another 30 pounds to get into fighting shape(are you listening Rail)….also drinking much more water and less Coke Zero…
You look great( have seen before photos handsome but heavy), only liquids that cross my lips are water black coffee and red wine avoid all other crap. Well done.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Also in the picture of VD it looks like he is wearing dress shoes. i didn't think anyone in Pattaya wore dress shoes. Big weight loss and dress shoes got me thinking. Maybe a wedding soon?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Also in the picture of VD it looks like he is wearing dress shoes. i didn't think anyone in Pattaya wore dress shoes. Big weight loss and dress shoes got me thinking. Maybe a wedding soon?

VD has a presence about him.

Not sure how tall he is, but at 300+ pounds it's hard to look long, not wide.

With his new shape, I'm guessing new clothes were purchased.

To Rockfish's point, is a tux part of the new wardrobe?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Those are multi color tennis shoes….I don’t even own a pair of dress shoes…new threads were bought but no tux….

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Way to go Arturo! You look great!

At my high point, I was 240, I got down to 185, and actually looked way to skinny, people thought I was sick. It took about a year to lose my pounds, mostly by no carbs, and lots of exercise. I was going back into the dating scene after my divorce. The problem is, i'm now about 220ish. I still eat no carbs...but the problem is alcohol intake is putting on weight.

Valuist

EOG Master
Way to go Arturo! You look great!

At my high point, I was 240, I got down to 185, and actually looked way to skinny, people thought I was sick. It took about a year to lose my pounds, mostly by no carbs, and lots of exercise. I was going back into the dating scene after my divorce. The problem is, i'm now about 220ish. I still eat no carbs...but the problem is alcohol intake is putting on weight.
Alcohol terrible for weight loss. No nutritional value.