Wednesday trivia- MLB

Valuist

EOG Master
The A's and White Sox, two franchises that need to win if they're going to draw fans.

I think they like to roll the dice with former big name players at the tail end of their career. For the White Sox, it worked well with Seaver, but some of the others ended pretty poorly.

Valuist

EOG Master
OK here's question number 2. Seemingly, every player has played for the White Sox or A's. Which of the players below have played for BOTH the White Sox and A's?

Frank Thomas
Joe Rudi
Harold Baines
Marcus Semien
Dick Allen
Jeff Samardijza
Ron Kittle
Chris Singleton

The correct answer here is Rudi and Ron Kittle.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
This is fun valuist, great stuff here man.

Let me try one.

Which of these teams did Jim Thome "NOT" play for?

Twins
Phillies
Tigers
Dodgers
Orioles
Indians
White Sox

kane

EOG master
Winner. Good call. Was it too easy? I was between putting the Reds or Tigers as the odd team out.
I'm a Reds fan so it wouldn't have mattered to me as I know he never played for them, I was debating between the Tigers and O's

Valuist

EOG Master
This is fun valuist, great stuff here man.

Let me try one.

Which of these teams did Jim Thome "NOT" play for?

Twins
Phillies
Tigers
Dodgers
Orioles
Indians
White Sox

I don't recall Thome playing for the Tigers, Twins or Dodgers.

kane

EOG master
I don't recall Thome playing for the Tigers, Twins or Dodgers.
A few years back before the deadline the Dodgers picked him up, I know this because one of my brothers is a Dodger fan and he called me right after asking me what I thought of the pickup, he was probably in LA for a very short time

Gabe

Horse racing expert
A few years back before the deadline the Dodgers picked him up, I know this because one of my brothers is a Dodger fan and he called me right after asking me what I thought of the pickup, he was probably in LA for a very short time

Yep exactly. I remember being at a game and thinking, "when did they get Thome"? LOL. It was a very late season pickup, he was pretty much a pinch hitter.

Valuist

EOG Master
OK, here's one for the Yankees and Reds. Which players did not play for both?

Paul O'Neill
Reggie Sanders
Deion Sanders
Ken Griffey Sr.
Lee Smith
Hal Morris
Didi Gregorius
Edinson Volquez
Aaron Boone
Gary Sheffield

kane

EOG master
OK, here's one for the Yankees and Reds. Which players did not play for both?

Paul O'Neill
Reggie Sanders
Deion Sanders
Ken Griffey Sr.
Lee Smith
Hal Morris
Didi Gregorius
Edinson Volquez
Aaron Boone
Gary Sheffield
Obviously this one is easy for me, so I won't post

kane

EOG master
OK without naming players, how many played for both?
To be honest my original guess would have been 6, but I would have been wrong, I believe the correct answer is 7, the one I would have gotten wrong is a toughie

Valuist

EOG Master
New MLB trivia. 300/300 club. 8 members in the 300 HR/300 stolen base club. Hint: only 1 played before 1960. Can you name the 8?