Week 3 NFL Group Discussion

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
Made a bunch of early bets yesterday.
Broncos +6.5 seems like a clear right side. 0-2 teams at home usually play with their hair on fire, and I'm not sold on Brady in Tampa. Not much public money is going to come in on Denver.
Under 54.5 on Lions-Cards is my unofficial pick of the week. I just have no idea why the number is over 50.
Under 56 on Cowboys-Seahawks seems like a right side. Have a feeling Seattle's defense is really going to show up this week.
Rams +3 was another bunch bet and a good number. Rams like they're back to form, and they should be acclimated to the eastern time zone, so the early start time won't hurt them.
Also lean strongly to under 47.5 in Jacksonville-Miami, and under 48 in Bears-Falcons.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
the 0-2 angle worked pretty well last season if I remember right.

Denver has lost Sutton for the year now. Would like to play Denver still.

Detroit has a lot of DB injuries, wrong team for them to play this week. Hopkins may have a huge game.

Looking at fading GB in the dome Sunday Night after scoring 40+ two weeks in a row.

speaking of 0-2 teams, I can’t play Chicago vs the desperate falcons. I could see a Atlanta blowout though. The defense will have to win this for Chicago, it’ll be tough if they start slow (a Nagy trademark).

MrTop

EOG Master
this is where i come in with both hands NFL week 3 .. hopefully I have some finger nails to chew on after this week.

I locked in Jax -2.5 and NYG +5.5, nice Colorado numbers.

Jags have totally proven me wrong, thought they were tanking but they were just clearing out bad pieces. Minshew really showing that 2nd year leap. I don't know what the Dolphins are, two tough losses against good teams, but a lot of their offense seems to come from when they are behind. Wouldn't lay more than 3 against them, Fitz definitely seems to be a backdoor cover master.

Giants are a live dog, I really think the Barkley injury will make them change things for the better. Dion Lewis a better pass catcher than runner, I think they go full West Coast offense which fits Jones much better as QB. On other side, a cluster of losses on the DL is a real issue, Jones won't be rattled much. I really hope Jimmy G plays, a bum ankle is going to mess up his accuracy. Mullens would be better for this one game.

kane

EOG master
Made a bunch of early bets yesterday.
Broncos +6.5 seems like a clear right side. 0-2 teams at home usually play with their hair on fire, and I'm not sold on Brady in Tampa. Not much public money is going to come in on Denver.
Under 54.5 on Lions-Cards is my unofficial pick of the week. I just have no idea why the number is over 50.
Under 56 on Cowboys-Seahawks seems like a right side. Have a feeling Seattle's defense is really going to show up this week.
Rams +3 was another bunch bet and a good number. Rams like they're back to form, and they should be acclimated to the eastern time zone, so the early start time won't hurt them.
Also lean strongly to under 47.5 in Jacksonville-Miami, and under 48 in Bears-Falcons.

Agree with the Broncos play, also take a look at the Panthers, I'll be using the Rams as a Wong tease piece

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
I'll be on the Bills. Just waiting to see how low it will go. Rams have a murderous back to back trip east for early games, and didn't stay over.
Totally agree with the Ravens play, but as a Chief fan won't be on it and hope I'm wrong.

Valuist

EOG Master
I will likely be on the Bears at +3. Atlanta had a game gift wrapped to them at Dallas and pissed it away. Their defense is horrible.

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
Just made a big bet on Raiders +6. Watched the Monday night game closely, and they're one of the most improved teams. Also, following the steam.

Valuist

EOG Master
Mahomes undefeated in September....

It's either Chiefs or pass for me. Are the Ravens bullies? The losses against both the Browns and Titans weren't even close last year. There's a lot of bad teams that they can overwhelm, but are they capable of coming from behind?

Valuist

EOG Master
It's either Chiefs or pass for me. Are the Ravens bullies? The losses against both the Browns and Titans weren't even close last year. There's a lot of bad teams that they can overwhelm, but are they capable of coming from behind?

They have the look of a bully. And tonight they got punched in the face.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Its the same question for this Ravens team, like Valuist implied. When the Ravens jump out in front and they are able to rely on the greatest team run game in the history of the NFL, near impossible to beat.

Buuuuttttt, Lamar still isn't a good passer. He is still indecisive. He misses receivers. Playing the mid to bottom of the league is very different from the top.

Everyone keeps saying, 'Wait for Lamar to develop his air game...' but as long as they continue to play the way they do, I'm not sure he ever will. But it will be the same results for this team. 13-3 regular seasons and nothing but disappointment afterwards.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The Chiefs were very impressive. Lamar still locks in on his primary receiver too much, works if they are winning.

Valuist

EOG Master
The Chiefs were very impressive. Lamar still locks in on his primary receiver too much, works if they are winning.

There's so many bad teams that they (Baltimore) can just overwhelm and overpower. So they will win a bunch of regular season games. But would anyone trust them in the playoffs against the Chiefs again? Or New England? Even Tennessee.....they put it to them last year.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
There's so many bad teams that they (Baltimore) can just overwhelm and overpower. So they will win a bunch of regular season games. But would anyone trust them in the playoffs against the Chiefs again? Or New England? Even Tennessee.....they put it to them last year.
They are a lot like the late 80’s Bears, just replace KC with SF.