Week 8 NFL Group Discussion. Also, ZzyzxRoad goes back to Vegas

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
Early looks.
I bet two totals, under 49 in the Jets, Chiefs. Jets offense looked horribly yesterday, but their defense played very well. That coupled with cold weather in KC means this should be an easy under.
Titans-Bengals seems high at 55. I'm thinking the Titans get an early read and then run early and often. Their defense is good enough to confuse a rookie quarterback.
Also, the Bears +3 (-120) looks like a clear right side. Saints on the road in cold weather games have historically always been bad. They've been winning every close game, but they're not as good as their win loss record, and the Bears defense should have a big game.
Dolphins also looks like an obvious right side. Short week and travel for the Rams to play a 10 am start time against a team off a bye. Dolphins should get the win here.
Other than that, every number looks like it's exactly what it should be.

Early looks.
I bet two totals, under 49 in the Jets, Chiefs. Jets offense looked horribly yesterday, but their defense played very well. That coupled with cold weather in KC means this should be an easy under.
Titans-Bengals seems high at 55. I'm thinking the Titans get an early read and then run early and often. Their defense is good enough to confuse a rookie quarterback.
Also, the Bears +3 (-120) looks like a clear right side. Saints on the road in cold weather games have historically always been bad. They've been winning every close game, but they're not as good as their win loss record, and the Bears defense should have a big game.
Dolphins also looks like an obvious right side. Short week and travel for the Rams to play a 10 am start time against a team off a bye. Dolphins should get the win here.
Other than that, every number looks like it's exactly what it should be.

Going to be 60s in KC by the weekend, weather not likely to be a factor. Chicago weather in mid 50s, doubt that's an issue for the Saints. But it is early, forecasts usually more accurate by Wed/Thu.

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
Going to be 60s in KC by the weekend, weather not likely to be a factor. Chicago weather in mid 50s, doubt that's an issue for the Saints. But it is early, forecasts usually more accurate by Wed/Thu.

I hate not double-checking things. This morning in Boulder City it was freezing, and I had to dig my winter coat out. I assumed the rest of the country was the same.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
What may be a issue for NO is wind. It's that time of year and dome teams have a hard time adjusting to it. I rarely play on any dome team outside after October.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I love the Titans over. Bengals probably without Mixon again, will be chucking it vs that Tenn D. Look for another 34-31 type game. It looks obvious, but I can't ask bad defenses to be good. Can't believe one won't score 30 here.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Really like the Cowboys this week. They hit rock bottom with their total domination loss and knockout of andy dalton. The word is dalton got lazy and was unprepared to be qb assuming he could sit on the bench, collecting a 3 million dollar paycheck. All pro lineman Zach Martin, and Kevin Looney are expected back with several defensive starters as well. Dallas remembers a poor effort loss to a undermanned phil team costing themselves a playoff spot and Jason Garrets job. Phil is over rated at 2-4-1 having lost to Washington, tying Cinn, and escaping, thanks to a dropped pass vs the giants. Phil is 1-3 against the spread at home with their only cover, a game they were down by 3 tds and came back. I grabbed the +7' at Westgate.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Not a trends guy but new england has beaten buffalo 15 out of the last 16 times they played in Buffalo. Since 1999 the NY Giants have beaten Tampa 8 out of 10 with their only two losses by 2 and 6 points. Tom Brady 6-3 in superbowls 0-2 vs the giants.

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
Added 1/2 unit on Cowboys +7 (-120) 1st half at Stations.
Every team in the NFC east seems equally bad, and I'm not sure Philly should be this heavy of a favorite over anyone. +7 for the 1st when the game is 10.5 seems out of line