• Yes

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • No

Votes: 40 58.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Please review the link before you vote if you are not familiar with the situation. Doc Mercer (EOG Member) was banned for continuously attacking posters with bashing & slander in the political room. I want the political room to be open for any and all personal beliefs concerning the Governments around the World. Doc Mercer was asked politely many times over on forum and privately to please cease in his habit of attacking other posters who wanted to have and share professional political debates/views in the room, but time after time he refused to accept such requests.

Now, we have a lively situation discussing the Banning and now possibly un-banning of Doc Mercer from EOG. Please look over the link I am providing and try and make a logical decision as to whether you would like him back or whether he is/was to much and over the top way to often. Doc Mercer seems set in his ways so I am very unsure that he will change in the least bit, but I want to hear from any of you who are interested in the situation. The community a whole should be able and make a good decision I believe.

http://forums.eog.com/search.php?searchid=496764

Please share all the feedback you would like. We do appreciate your thoughts and opinions on the matter. Hopefully we can make the best decision. When Doc Mercer was at his peak of bashing the political room was dying a slow death because No One could reason unless you were on the same page as Doc Mercer. At the time, we had about a fistful of members contributing due to this problem.

With all said I like Doc Mercer and agreed a lot with him, but I was saddened to see the members leaving because of the constant attacks.

That is enough rambling. Now I kindly ask, please let us know your opinions on such matter.

Thank you

Last edited:

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
Re: We're going to try and have a community vote here at EOG

Without even reading the link, it is a no-brainer to vote to un-bann/re-instate Doc Mercer. Note well, I have NEVER agreed with him but a forum is not really a forum if it does not allow all viewpoints.

ps. I would advise anyone who does not want to view Doc Mercer's posts to simply put him on ignore.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

never had a problem with his viewpoints on subjects, if i don't agree, i don't, if i do, i do. but the problem with doc was if you did not agree with him, it left you open for personal attacks. but in the end it is just words so yeah let him back.

I assume he is out of isolation and allowed back on a computer :LMAO

dirty

EOG Master

The Main problem was he would not leave it in the political room. he would follow any poster that got in his Crosshairs all over the board and attack them in every thread they would post in....how many times are ya going to warn the guy 100, 200, 300....when does it end... at the end Doc was the only one left posting ... Not even ZZ Cream his good buddy was even posting..... we would have 50 threads a day started by doc and most were crap he posted just a few days before..... I am against him coming back... the Political room was quiet for a while but now it is building and is more active daily. He is a Cancer and a waste of Oxygen in my Opinion, and NOT because of His Political Views

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

never had a problem with his viewpoints on subjects, if i don't agree, i don't, if i do, i do. but the problem with doc was if you did not agree with him, it left you open for personal attacks. but in the end it is just words so yeah let him back.

Exactly....sticks and stones...I have to put up with dirty and the Shrink who are much more offensive!

Santo

EOG Veteran

I get:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

when I click the link ;o)

JeffR

EOG Senior Member

I've never spent a minute in the political room, but after looking at some of the links, here's my reaction: At lot of Doc Mercer's political views have some merit and insight; I wouldn't disagree with them. But if they have to come with constant flaming, abuse, and name-calling, I wouldn't tolerate it if I ran the site. It should be possible to have a political site without juvenile character assassination. If Mercer's views have to come with a constant diet of flaming, I would ban him.

i pushed the wrong button and voted the wrong way, i voted no, i would request you cancel my vote as so i might vote for docs reinstatement. as i have said before its only words, they can't hurt anyone, if you don't like docs opinion don't read him.

this is a bullshit vote and you guys know it.

Why was this vote posted in the main forum instead of the political forum?

all replies I read here is to reinstate Doc Mercer but somehow he is trailing on the votes...lmfao

I won't even go into where some prominent posters here have called for genocide on the muslim world and they still can post.

fuck this shit

all replies I read here is to reinstate Doc Mercer but somehow he is trailing on the votes...lmfao

I won't even go into where some prominent posters here have called for genocide on the muslim world and they still can post.

fuck this shit
Ball, FYI, a lot of people don't go to the political forum because of Doc.
He was there long before I got there but I can recall more than one
poster saying they stayed out of that forum because Doc would
blast you for having an opposing view. Sure we all can be stubborn in
our thoughts/views and even call someone stupid/fool/idiot....
but them are tame words in Docs world.
But still either way, I don't care and will not vote for or against.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

I voted no as it seems Doc is just being Doc. For me, this is a place where I come unwind, bet some sports and bust some balls. It is not a place for internet drama. Many of Docs personal attacks are juvenile and classless.

That being said, it is a very fine line the mods of EOG are walking. I have seen similar attacks by other posters in the main forum that have been allowed. ID seems to get most of the abuse and while she seems to like the attention, she is always respectful to all posters here. Why should we single out Doc, there are plenty more posters that like to take a personal shot or two at others.

Santo

EOG Veteran

fuck this shit

I would agree that those posters should definitely be banned also. I also don't read the forum, but have been subjected to such views from Mr Singer's posts at LVA.

dirty

EOG Master

Nick but not 250 times a day

dirty

EOG Master

fuck this shit

You have been a troublemaker since the RX Rubber room days... so your stance is not surprising.....

and I guess you missed the post General made in the Political Room alerting people to this thread.... Oh yea.. don't let facts get in the way of a good Bitch session:whatever:

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

D, I agree he goes overboard but hes not alone in that behavior. I can definately think of another poster who likes to call people stupid, ignorant, etc in the main room.

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

I voted a big fat NO. I think the guy is mentally deranged and dangerous.

You have been a troublemaker since the RX Rubber room days... so your stance is not surprising.....

and I guess you missed the post General made in the Political Room alerting people to this thread.... Oh yea.. don't let facts get in the way of a good Bitch session:whatever:

right.

what is considered a troublemaker? someone that doesn't have your views on things that happen in life?

and fyi....I read the Gen's post in the political forum and also replied to it there.

Funny how I am the troublemaker but people calling for genocide are cool.

have another moonshine

mr merlin

EOG Master

While letting him back would certainly liven up the forum, I must remind everyone that in this era of "political correctness" it is not considered good form to derive amusment from observing the mentally or physically challenged.

While letting him back would certainly liven up the forum, I must remind everyone that in this era of "political correctness" it is not considered good form to derive amusment from observing the mentally or physically challenged.

and another personal attack on Doc Mercer

the guy can't even respond and he gets attacked

Exactly....sticks and stones...I have to put up with dirty and the Shrink who are much more offensive!

what he said...

almost...

I have to put up with pioneer and others who like to instigate so I vote to let him back...

I also like to give posters several chances if need be to do the right thing when they return...

No one here is perfect and while I cant speak for everyone, I have regretted making some posts in the past as well....

Ken

The Devil

EOG Master

EOG IS A BETTER PLACE WITHOUT HIM..............

SHOULD WE LET HIM BACK?????

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Total Recall

EOG Enthusiast

Hey GENERAL- check it out. I voted and it did not register. Seriously. In addition it said I had already voted. This isnt a DIEBOLD voting machine is it? I hope you will show the names of each poster who voted yay or nay.

Hey GENERAL- check it out. I voted and it did not register. Seriously. In addition it said I had already voted. This isnt a DIEBOLD voting machine is it? I hope you will show the names of each poster who voted yay or nay.

good idea

ever since my 1st post it seems good ole Doc has made a BIG jump in te polls

lol

I am for free speech and everyone knows that!! I feel personal attacks should NOT be allowed!!! Qnd generalized "your momma" jokes don't count!! Gimme a break! I said some momma jokes when I was here before and Dirt-Bag used THAT to justify the personal shit that some others said about me!! Let's be realistic here!!

Mr. Clean

EOG Enthusiast

Keep him out, he was just a prick. On the other hand, bring back Coldeyeme, wherever he went.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I am for free speech and everyone knows that!! I feel personal attacks should NOT be allowed!!!

Sorry, but then you're not for free speech. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Sticks and stones....

Believe it or not, there was much discussion in the political forum before Doc was finally banned. Yes, other people here also attack the poster rather than the post, but few rise to the level of Doc; and none make it a regular pattern of behavior as Doc did near the end. I happen to not disagree with Doc's political philosophy too much and valued his posts when he was being serious, but his incessant personal attacks turned many people off, and chased many others completely away.
Yes, political discussion and debate is a contact sport, but such debate works best when a wide variety of people participate; a process that Doc's behavior interfered with.
I believe the First Amendment is number one for a reason; without free speech the remainder of the rights are meaningless. However, there are some limits to the exercise of free speech rights. One cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theater. Additionally, one cannot talk or yell so loudly that other's rights to free speech cannot be effectively exercised. This second example is similar to the Doc situation; his rantings and ridiculous attacks generated so much smoke and static that many persons did not see any benefit in staying in the political forum. Essentially, he was the guy yelling the loudest and longest. I would rather have the (dozens? hundreds?) of people who were chased out of the political forum by Doc's antics come back and participate, rather than just Doc.
As an aside, months ago I googled "Doc Mercer" and located a poster on another political forum whose ideas were nearly identical to our Doc, but that Doc was able to remain civil and avoid personal attacks. If he can do it in one forum, he should have been able to do it here. EOG gave Doc numerous opportunities to conform his behavior to common standards of decency, which he was unable to do.
Finally, I never had any problems with Doc, so my opinion is not colored by personal animosity.

You guys might as well write off the political forum if you let him back in. That guy's history with them at all these forums has been nothing short of toxic. It isn't just the attacks, its the endless copying and pasting he does. I don't mind reading the forums now because its a handful of threads. When Doc's around its 40-50 new threads with only 10 of them having any comments. Its pointless, it becomes Doc's biased blog sponsored by EOG and its advertisers.

opotus

EOG Veteran

This is a cyberspace forum. Free speech is not a right, if the owners don't want it to be. I can't stand the blather. I vote no.

pressitup

EOG Senior Member

I quit coming here because of the guy......but that ain't saying much.

His only point of view is to slam conservatism with some cut/paste BS from IBliberal.com.
That's not a view point, that's just hate.
Most of it ,without an understanding of anything.

Letting someone back in, is like letting someone get a pass in a contest when they have failed to abide by the rules.

Sound familiar?

janus

EOG Dedicated

the only difference between doc & BTJ is doc ignores dirty's warnings & BTJ never gets any. and as far as bashing goes, when was the last thread ID posted where dirty didn't go in & call her stupid? :+clueless

no offense, dirty... but you wouldnt happen to, ahem, disagree with doc's political views, would you?

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

the only difference between doc & BTJ is doc ignores dirty's warnings & BTJ never gets any. and as far as bashing goes, when was the last thread ID posted where dirty didn't go in & call her stupid? :+clueless

no offense, dirty... but you wouldnt happen to, ahem, disagree with doc's political views, would you?

OMG come on BTJ is hilarious. that is if you can understand sarcastic dark humor.