Westgate releases 2019 Baseball odds and props

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
An interesting situation currently with so many unknowns regarding big-name free agents.

Much respect to the Westgate for getting the show started.

Last edited:

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
The Westgate has gambling spirit.

All regular-season win totals are in half-game increments.

So there will be no pushes.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Kudos to Jay Kornegay and his staff for being first to market.

Gamblers should reward Westgate for its creativity and ingenuity.

Now if only Westgate would reduce the needless 8% surcharge on the Westgate SuperContest.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
can someone post the numbers
Westgate openers -everything opens at -110 ;
Arizona 73.5
Atlanta 86.5
Baltimore 59.5
Boston 93.5
Cubs 89.5
White Sox 76.5
Cincinatti 79.5
Cleveland 90.5
Colorado 84.5
Detroit 69.5
Houston 96.5
Kansas City 70.5
Angels 81.5
Dodgers 93.5
Miami 63.5
Milwaukee 86.5
Minnesota 83.5
Mets 86.5
Yankees 96.5
Oakland 83.5
Philadelphia 86.5
Pittsburgh 77.5
San Diego 76.5
San Francisco 73.5
Seattle 70.5
St Louis 88.5
Tampa Bay 84.5
Texas 71.5
Toronto 75.5
Washington 89.5

waco

EOG Dedicated
Thanks, just opened my app and saw this. I will be making a few bets when im there for March Madness. They got a lot of different props on baseball. Something to keep me busy for a few weeks

BigDeemer

EOG Dedicated
Indians play in a weak division, but shouldn’t be 5th highest RSW total. I’d love to have a prop that they don’t finish t5 in mlb in wins

waco

EOG Dedicated
Total home runs by a player. I think Westgate got every player in the mlb. LOL!! POSEY O/U 10.5; LOWRIE O/U 12.5 and about 100 more. Time to get to work on these props. I chart how many they had in the last 3 years with how many AB AND games. I will drop off money on my Westgate app and and see if I can bring home some winners. One thing about all these props, you never have enough money!!

Valuist

EOG Master
Indians play in a weak division, but shouldn’t be 5th highest RSW total. I’d love to have a prop that they don’t finish t5 in mlb in wins

I think there's several things to like about Cleveland. First, they have the easiest schedule in MLB, based on expected win totals. Second, they caught no breaks in close games, going only 22-24 in one run games. Based on their overall record, they should've been 26-20 in one run games. They fell off by 11 wins last year, but with their division so well in hand, they weren't under the whip to win any more. If Chicago improves, maybe it will reinvigorate them a bit.

Valuist

EOG Master
I'm on that under 89.5. They need a lot to go right in a much improved division to reach 90.

I believe over is the way to go. They had several key metrics in which they underperformed their overall levels, so they really took the worst of it last year. Bryant almost certainly gives them more than he did in 2018, and Darvish and Chatwood couldn't provide less than they did. They also get Hamels for a full season. St. Louis is the real deal and the under candidate in the division is Milwaukee.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Valuist, what do you think about the following Major League Baseball RSW total strategy...

Find two teams in the same division, bet one OVER and the other UNDER, and then hope to dominate the 19 regular-season meetings between the two.

For example, bet OVER with the Cubs and UNDER with the Brewers.

Valuist

EOG Master
Valuist, what do you think about the following Major League Baseball RSW total strategy...

Find two teams in the same division, bet one OVER and the other UNDER, and then hope to dominate the 19 regular-season meetings between the two.

For example, bet OVER with the Cubs and UNDER with the Brewers.

I agree to an extent, although I usually only bet one. I prefer unders with RSW totals, so I likely will pass on the Cubs over, unless it falls in the next month. Ideally you want to size up each team in the division and in the end it often points one way. I do like St Louis; not necessarily to bet them over but I will definitely not bet them under. The Reds made some cosmetic changes but Puig could be a clubhouse cancer and I expect them to be flipping players at the deadline. The Brewers had a lot go right; their BP has been great the past few years and Yelich had a phenomenal year. Can he do it again? We will see. That rotation doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. The Pirates are ok. Not bad but not inspiring. I'm not a huge Archer fan so we will see how that goes. They probably win 75-79 games. I already mentioned the Cubs in the earlier post. Might want to check the Reds schedule. Teams with a bunch of games vs Cincy in April-June may find things more difficult than teams who have a bunch of games vs the Reds in August and September.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I agree to an extent, although I usually only bet one. I prefer unders with RSW totals, so I likely will pass on the Cubs over, unless it falls in the next month. Ideally you want to size up each team in the division and in the end it often points one way. I do like St Louis; not necessarily to bet them over but I will definitely not bet them under. The Reds made some cosmetic changes but Puig could be a clubhouse cancer and I expect them to be flipping players at the deadline. The Brewers had a lot go right; their BP has been great the past few years and Yelich had a phenomenal year. Can he do it again? We will see. That rotation doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. The Pirates are ok. Not bad but not inspiring. I'm not a huge Archer fan so we will see how that goes. They probably win 75-79 games. I already mentioned the Cubs in the earlier post. Might want to check the Reds schedule. Teams with a bunch of games vs Cincy in April-June may find things more difficult than teams who have a bunch of games vs the Reds in August and September.

Thanks for your input, Valuist.

Good point about the Reds flipping players at the trade deadline.

Some teams are buyers, others are sellers in late July.

And if you're betting RSW totals, you better be good at projecting the buyers and sellers.

Pitching depth always matters, it seems.

Hard to start and end the season with the same starting rotation.

Heim

EOG Master
Has there been any movement on LAD total? Kershaw can barely lift his left arm up yet Roberts says still scheduled for opening day.

MrTop

EOG Master
theo said baseball prospectus not as good since nate silver has left. Many people have left thru the years. The book & website needs to get the predictions spot on this year for me to give them the A+ rating again.

Valuist

EOG Master
Just looked up the Reds' schedule. If they end up as sellers at the dealine, the team hurt the most is Milwaukee. The Brewers play the Reds 16 times before Aug 1, and only 3 games after. The Cubs and Cardinals both play the Reds 12 times before and 7 after. Pittsburgh faces the Reds 13 times before and 6 after.