What Wayne Root Didn't Say In The Interview With Buzz Daily

Bama Boy

EOG Member
Wayne Root can put a good spin on going 0-7 on a given day. We all know his office is a high pressure boiler room telemarketing operation. He can spin it any way he likes but the truth eventually comes out. He and Jim Feist are the possibly the two largest companies. I'd like to comment on what possibly is closer to the truth and not what Wayne Root's spin on a few comments that he made.
Root said," the new company will do twice the business with half the bureaucracy"
The truth is they will probaly both do about what they did before with about the same expenses. He'll pay the same office rent, same commission to salesman and spend the same miilions to aggressively market their T.V. and radio shows. The sales and expenses won't change much unless he double decks salesman in the same office or he starts picking a lot more winners than losers.
Root predicted "an industry shakeout with smaller firms both online and telemarketing falling by the wayside."
I highly doubt this. In the last five years sports handicapping companies have exploded both in telemarketing and online. His coming together with Feist will have no bearing in mine and most people's opinion on the explosion of this industry.
Root claims "he has never been sued by a customer during his 20 years of business in the sports service industry and also says he has only had a few disgruntled customers."
No proof to this statement but I'm sure he's had to settle many disputes one on one with a customer and through his attorney. He is lucky to keep a client from what I hear more than a few weeks. His claim to only have a few disgruntled customers is laughable.I'm almost positive Root never does a survey on if past clients were happy with his service and I'm sure he makes sure not to tell them that his other companies like Ron Meyer, Big Al Mcmordie and Chet Coppick will all be calling that customer within a few days after he blows them out and maxes out their credit card. I would bet that the number of disgruntled past clients are not a few but thousands if not in the hundred of thousands. After talking to two credit card processors as I have a business that processes credit cards, they claimed that his chargeback numbers were extremely higher than the normal for that industry.
I also heard he is forced to switch to differentprocessing companies quite often because he is dropped as a client because of a high number of chargebacks.
Root is, "convinced that the number of people bad mouthing him is miniscule compared with the number of clients he has serviced over the years."
Probably only a few people complain in forums compared with the number of his past clients. That is probably true. What he doesn't tell you is almost everything written about him is negative on forums. I can't remember the last good thing I heard about Wayne Root on a forum. People who know him or his business in my opinion aren't envious. I think people who understand his business know he runs a borderline scam operation and don't like a person who makes money preying on people's weakness. Tom Vu eventually went to jail. Could Wayne Root's business possibly be pierced and exposed and he go to jail a la Jeff Allen? Possibly. The final verse hasn't been written yet. The bottom line is in my opinion and others I spoke to who know Wayne Root. Wayne probably wouldn't be merging and giving Jim Feist half of what he claims is such a succesful company unless he was in trouble or looking to move on to something else in the very near future. Remember, scorerunner id finished, The King of Vegas probably won't be renewed and his stock is languishing at .04 cents a share.