What's the most you have ever tipped a waitress/waiter or bartender?

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted
Re: What's the most you have ever tipped a waitress/waiter or bartender?

Won 30k on blackjack with my dad, out of control betting, but we got hot at about 5am. Gave the dealer about 5k, but I was also destroyed, so not sure on the exact amount, great night and morning though.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Go out with the family for a dinner on Christmas Eve every year and give the waiter or waitress $100-$200. I don't work im the Restaurant business but I did at one point and I know what tips mean to young folks working to make ends meet especially around the holiday season.

5-Star could take a lesson from some of these young folks working their ass off as wait staff.

With a lot of people depending on tips for a living, I am wondering what big tips happen out there these days. Percentage-wise, what's the most you have ever tipped someone?

Don't know the actual percentage but about 15-18 years ago there was a greyhound named Scott Free who would race at Derby Lane. It seemed like the dog would never lose when we watched the race. After the morning races, we had lunch and waited for the evening races. The waitress that served us was very good and we asked her if she ever bet on the dogs (answer was no), so we bought a $1 superfecta ticket for her and a couple for us and told her if this ticket does not cash, we'll give you a $30 tip. To make along story short, Scott Free won and each $1 ticket paid nearly $3,000. When she saw us after that, she always made it a point to stop whatever she was doing and tell us thank you.

MRSOSUCOWBOYS

EOG Addicted

I tipped a stripper in Vegas $500 once! Does that count?

you betcha...

was the stripper a male or a female?

I always tip 20-25% when out. If the service was really horrible they get 15% but that seldom happens. I did give a waitress $800 on a $1500 check once because I was young, un-married, drunk, and she was hot with a great personality. The only thing it did was get me $800 loghter in the pocket.

HIGHLANDPARKDR

EOG Enthusiast

gotta agree with doug here $5 per bag for Bell-hop MORE than fair my ass give them about $3 per bad personally . . . and thats if they heavy bags hahahahahaha . . . . .

LOVE THIS SITE

but between this site & my new GF It's killing my married---Life

DR