Who has the best EOG team?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

Which teams do you think would keep Kemp or Garza? Honest question.

I wouldn't keep Kemp over McCutch, and obviously not Garza over JJ, Lester or Doc so that's 1 team for sure that wouldn't consider either guy.

I would say we can cross off Mo's team also since he wouldn't keep Kemp over Cargo, Tulo, or Votto (or Heyward even) and not Garza over Weaver or Kershaw.

So who keeps one of the two, and which do they keep?

Obviously, I wouldnt keep eithert of those over:

CC, Hamels, Crawford, Victo, Holliday.

If this was Kemp coming INTO LAST YEAR people would die to have him. People are just turned off by him and his K's now.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Which teams do you think would keep Kemp or Garza? Honest question.

I wouldn't keep Kemp over McCutch, and obviously not Garza over JJ, Lester or Doc so that's 1 team for sure that wouldn't consider either guy.

I would say we can cross off Mo's team also since he wouldn't keep Kemp over Cargo, Tulo, or Votto (or Heyward even) and not Garza over Weaver or Kershaw.

So who keeps one of the two, and which do they keep?

You wouldn't keep Kemp over McCutch, but there are people who would.

Anyone with 4 keepers, as opposed to 5, would keep both.

Kemp > McCutch.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Tripp, the fact that you think facing the Pirates and Cubs isn't a good thing - when compared to facing the Red Sox and Yankees - isn't a good thing for Garza says all I need to know about your thought on this topic.

Garza's ERA may drop a 1/2 run or more switching from the AL East to the NL Central. I just don't want any Cubs.

tripp

EOG Master

You wouldn't keep Kemp over McCutch, but there are people who would.

Anyone with 4 keepers, as opposed to 5, would keep both.

Kemp > McCutch.

There isn't one ranking that has Kemp over McCutch. I'm sure there are very few in this league that would consider keeping Kemp, but maybe I'm wrong.

We already have me, mo, and MC that obviously would keep neither. I'd be interested to see if anyone would keep either guy. I doubt TTP would keep either, TN obviously would not I'd assume, RJ wouldn't, gamer maybe would consider keeping Garza over Max.

tripp

EOG Master

Tripp, the fact that you think facing the Pirates and Cubs isn't a good thing - when compared to facing the Red Sox and Yankees - isn't a good thing for Garza says all I need to know about your thought on this topic.

Garza's ERA may drop a 1/2 run or more switching from the AL East to the NL Central. I just don't want any Cubs.
OK, so honestly, give me the teams you think would keep either guy since you seem to think it was absolutely crazy of me to say very few, if anybody, would keep either guy.

Obviously viejo, but outside of him, who do you honestly think keeps either guy?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

There isn't one ranking that has Kemp over McCutch. I'm sure there are very few in this league that would consider keeping Kemp, but maybe I'm wrong.

We already have me, mo, and MC that obviously would keep neither. I'd be interested to see if anyone would keep either guy. I doubt TTP would keep either, TN obviously would not I'd assume, RJ wouldn't, gamer maybe would consider keeping Garza over Max.
Ok, and last year every ranking in the world had him above McCutch. That comment is retarded. Who cares about the rankings? Last year Kemp was top 5 OF'er before the season.

Maybe "would consider" Garza over Max? Jesus tripp, just stop. Worry about your own team hot shot. Your comments on this topic are laughable.

Garza is 27 years old, entering the prime of his career in a league that's never seen him before (and is a lesser league) but you think Gamer would have to consider Max or Garza - good stuff fantasy stud.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

OK, so honestly, give me the teams you think would keep either guy since you seem to think it was absolutely crazy of me to say very few, if anybody, would keep either guy.

Obviously viejo, but outside of him, who do you honestly think keeps either guy?
Tripp I don't know who people would keep? Jesus Christ, why do you have a hard on for this? Are you OK? Anyone with 4 keepers - i'm pretty sure I stated that already. Not sure if you can't read or what.

tripp

EOG Master

lol Why are you getting so defensive about a simple question? You made a big deal that everyone laughed at those two as keepers, and I just asked for your honest opinion about which teams you thought would actually keep them since you seem to think most would. I will go through right now and tell you with 95% certainty.

Mo- NO
Me- NO
MC- NO
TTP- NO
TN- NO
RJT- NO
Chute- NO
Tuck- Maybe
Gamer- Maybe
Cee- Maybe

Just a simple discussion, no reason to get all heated

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

lol Why are you getting so defensive about a simple question? You made a big deal that everyone laughed at those two as keepers, and I just asked for your honest opinion about which teams you thought would actually keep them since you seem to think most would. I will go through right now and tell you with 95% certainty.

Mo- NO
Me- NO
MC- NO
TTP- NO
TN- NO
RJT- NO
Chute- NO
Tuck- Maybe
Gamer- Maybe
Cee- Maybe

Just a simple discussion, no reason to get all heated
Tripp, you make assumptions about others as if you know. Also, TTP just got a 5th keeper yesterday and I'd keep Garza over Cahill in a minute. I'm not heated, you just make outrageous comments and expect me to say OK? You think it's a decision to keep Max or Garza, and that's laughable. You think Garza going to the NL Central vs. the AL East isn't a good thing because he pitches well against the Red Sox and Yankees which is also laughable. You point to preseason rankings to say your player is better, when last year Kemp was a mile ahead of McCutch and who finished with the better season?

Tuck, would you trade Garza for Danks straight up? I think you get the better of that deal, but I want to go forward with JD.

tripp

EOG Master

Tripp, you make assumptions about others as if you know. Also, TTP just got a 5th keeper yesterday and I'd keep Garza over Cahill in a minute. I'm not heated, you just make outrageous comments and expect me to say OK? You think it's a decision to keep Max or Garza, and that's laughable. You think Garza going to the NL Central vs. the AL East isn't a good thing because he pitches well against the Red Sox and Yankees which is also laughable. You point to preseason rankings to say your player is better, when last year Kemp was a mile ahead of McCutch and who finished with the better season?

Tuck, would you trade Garza for Danks straight up? I think you get the better of that deal, but I want to go forward with JD.

- I doubt there are many that would keep Garza over Chaill considering how dominant Cahill was last year, but could be wrong. I think Cahill is actually possibly the #2 SP keeper on that team over Cain.

- I agree with you with Garza/Max, but gamer loves Max so I assumed he was just a maybe there as I woudln't be surprised if he said he'd keep Max over Garza.

- Are we supposed to just completely ignore preseason rankings because Kemp didn't live up to the hype last year? He declined, K's way too much, doesn't steal at a good % and plays in a pitchers park. Very talented, but over 162 games last year left a lot to be desired so he played himself out of keeper talk. Could he play himself back into the elite range just like Josh did last year? Sure, but last year he showed nothing. McCutch is 24 years old I believe, reasonable to think he will be much higher ranked this year than last year going into the year, especially with how impressive he's been in his career to date.

- I said those were with 95% certainty. Not 100% about who would keep who, but I'd be pretty shocked if any of the teams i listed as no said they'd keep garza or Kemp. Again, jmo

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Cahill scored 40 more points than Garza last year and had his career year - he also doesn't K anyone.

tripp

EOG Master

Tripp-

Do you know everyones keepers as of now....

I'd like to compare them.

No, but most teams it isn't hard to figure out and many have posted their likely keepers already

Me- JJ, Lester, Doc, Ped, McCutch

Mo- Cargo, Tulo, Votto, Weaver, Kersh

you- Craw, Vic, Holliday, Hamels, CC

Chute/Joey- Mauer, Teix, Cain, Cahill, Lee

TTP- Fielder, Reyes, Haren, Beckett, Ubaldo

TN- Carp, Oz, Lincecum, Kinsler, A Gonz

Cee- Verly, Felix, Bell, Youk, Posey

Tuck- Price, Danks, Miggy, Ethier, ARod/Nelly cruz

Rjt- Buch, Gallardo, Braun, Hanley, Ells

Gamer- Pujols, Cano, Wain, Hanson, Max

timely- hamilton, Kemp, grienke, garza, zimmerman

viejo- longo and 4 waiver wire guys

biggamer3

EOG Master

Damn good....especially if Max can continue what he did in the 2nd half....AND if Hanson can bounce back.

Fun group thou!
yeah Max was a top 20 SP second half of year and i was always high on him so I was gonna keep him even if he didnt do as well as he did down the stretch.

Thing about trading 2 for 1's now is that I lose a guy like Max for free since i cant keep him with a deal, so not worth losing a stud like Pujols unless I can do a 2 for 1 like that during season where i dont lose another keeper

The Tripp offer for JJ and and Mccutch seems ok but when looking at stats from last year and projections its a horrible deal for me.

Pujy outscored Mccutch by 200 last year and JJ was a stud but only outscored Max by 60

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

No, but most teams it isn't hard to figure out and many have posted their likely keepers already

Me- JJ, Lester, Doc, Ped, McCutch

Mo- Cargo, Tulo, Votto, Weaver, Kersh

you- Craw, Vic, Holliday, Hamels, CC

Chute/Joey- Mauer, Teix, Cain, Cahill, Lee

TTP- Fielder, Reyes, Haren, Beckett, Ubaldo

TN- Carp, Oz, Lincecum, Kinsler, A Gonz

Cee- Verly, Felix, Bell, Youk, Posey

Tuck- Price, Danks, Miggy, Ethier, ARod/Nelly cruz

Rjt- Buch, Gallardo, Braun, Hanley, Ells

Gamer- Pujols, Cano, Wain, Hanson, Max

timely- hamilton, Kemp, grienke, garza, zimmerman

viejo- longo and 4 waiver wire guys

SOme very strong ones there and some solid ones....

I see Hamilton, Crawford, Braun, Holliday, Victorino, Ellsbury, Kemp, Ethier, and Cargo kept.

So that would leave Manny as the best available OF'er? HAHA.

Who was that guy everyone loved from Toronto going into last year...and he sucked all year?

tripp

EOG Master

Cahill scored 40 more points than Garza last year and had his career year - he also doesn't K anyone.

Cahill is also young and it was only his second year in the league. The K's hurt his value, but with an ERA under 3, and a very good WHIP he makes up for it. Should throw 200+ innings this year also which will boost his points. Biggest thing against Cahill is his team, but not as if the A's face great competition in the West so he could still rack up wins like last year.

tripp

EOG Master

SOme very strong ones there and some solid ones....

I see Hamilton, Crawford, Braun, Holliday, Victorino, Ellsbury, Kemp, Ethier, and Cargo kept.

So that would leave Manny as the best available OF'er? HAHA.

Who was that guy everyone loved from Toronto going into last year...and he sucked all year?

Lind?

tripp

EOG Master

yeah Max was a top 20 SP second half of year and i was always high on him so I was gonna keep him even if he didnt do as well as he did down the stretch.

Thing about trading 2 for 1's now is that I lose a guy like Max for free since i cant keep him with a deal, so not worth losing a stud like Pujols unless I can do a 2 for 1 like that during season where i dont lose another keeper

The Tripp offer for JJ and and Mccutch seems ok but when looking at stats from last year and projections its a horrible deal for me.

Pujy outscored Mccutch by 200 last year and JJ was a stud but only outscored Max by 60

JJ also missed the entire last month of the season though. He was in the top 5 for SP before teh injury, and that was even with the awful luck of having i think 10 straight starts with 1 er or less allowed and got about 3 wins during those starts.

I do agree though that 2 for 1s are a lot more valuable during the season than right now since it is essentially a 2 for 2 becuase you lose whoever your 5th keeper would have been

biggamer3

EOG Master

- I doubt there are many that would keep Garza over Chaill considering how dominant Cahill was last year, but could be wrong. I think Cahill is actually possibly the #2 SP keeper on that team over Cain.

- I agree with you with Garza/Max, but gamer loves Max so I assumed he was just a maybe there as I woudln't be surprised if he said he'd keep Max over Garza.

- Are we supposed to just completely ignore preseason rankings because Kemp didn't live up to the hype last year? He declined, K's way too much, doesn't steal at a good % and plays in a pitchers park. Very talented, but over 162 games last year left a lot to be desired so he played himself out of keeper talk. Could he play himself back into the elite range just like Josh did last year? Sure, but last year he showed nothing. McCutch is 24 years old I believe, reasonable to think he will be much higher ranked this year than last year going into the year, especially with how impressive he's been in his career to date.

- I said those were with 95% certainty. Not 100% about who would keep who, but I'd be pretty shocked if any of the teams i listed as no said they'd keep garza or Kemp. Again, jmo
no way in fuck would i keep Garza over Max.

Max last year was only 15 points below Garza and thats with a horrible start to year and only 12 wins which he will for sure increase on this year. Max is younger and K's a lot more guys, not even a choice for me

biggamer3

EOG Master

JJ also missed the entire last month of the season though. He was in the top 5 for SP before teh injury, and that was even with the awful luck of having i think 10 straight starts with 1 er or less allowed and got about 3 wins during those starts.

I do agree though that 2 for 1s are a lot more valuable during the season than right now since it is essentially a 2 for 2 becuase you lose whoever your 5th keeper would have been
you get it, glad you do.

And of course JJ is better no question but Max also missed a month for AAA reasons and they pitched same innings amount.

PS Max is a stud and got fucked at least 5 times with bullpen blowing wins for him

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

you get it, glad you do.

And of course JJ is better no question but Max also missed a month for AAA reasons and they pitched same innings amount.

PS Max is a stud and got fucked at least 5 times with bullpen blowing wins for him
Gamer is convinced that a starter who had to go down to AAA last year, is a keeper. This is Heath Bell great.

biggamer3

EOG Master

Gamer is convinced that a starter who had to go down to AAA last year, is a keeper. This is Heath Bell great.

U are becoming cee dumb already. Look at his second half. Also how does your sure fire keeper garza only outscore AAA Max by 15?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

U are becoming cee dumb already. Look at his second half. Also how does your sure fire keeper garza only outscore AAA Max by 15?
So Beckham is a keeper because before he hurt his hand, his 2nd half was great?
How about Pavano? Keeper material because he closed out great.

I didn't say Garza was a surefire, but he's switching leagues and should improve - Max is overrated and always will be.

biggamer3

EOG Master

Look at final stats, there is a reason every ranking from espn, cbs, yahoo has Max as a top 30 sp for this year

tripp

EOG Master

Oh, and for the talk about changing the scoring my vote is for nothing to change. We've had the same scoring past two years and people are used to it, and also as TN said it's nice to be able to go back and compare with old teams with same scoring.

No need imo to add bonus points for things like no hitters, CG's, perfect games, cycles etc. since you already get a ton of points if your guys achieves those. You throw a perfect game you are likely getting around 50 pts anyways, don't need another 15.

Same thing with a cycle. You get 12 points just from the cycle, and that's if you have no more than the 1 run scores and 1 rbi you got from the HR. Chances are your guy is scoring 15+ that day. Silly to throw in an additional 5 points imo

tripp

EOG Master

rj might be able to become JJ and McCutch for Braun and Gallardo if he wants a real #1 on his staff.

Gallardo as a #3 would still be pretty nasty, and Braun/Pedy as my two keeper bats would be filthy