Who has the best EOG team?

Timetopay

EOG Master
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

look back i was the only one who saw it as what it was. I even liked Haren over Craw and you got fielder for free

Would have dealt Pujy for Haren and Prince before year so i guess MC should have waited on that deal

have 0 shot of that type of deal now. preseason i could have kept another keeper

Fielder will be within 50 of albert this year

biggamer3

EOG Master

they don't play the same position though.

pts at OF are more valuable than pts at 1b since konerko will get outscored by almost everyone's 1b

ich is a consistent top 15 OF. who cares if he's 37 since he stole 42 bases last year at 36, clearly not declining yet. offense behind him can only get better this year too so should score more runs
Konerko is my DH, those points are the same in my lineup

biggamer3

EOG Master

have 0 shot of that type of deal now. preseason i could have kept another keeper

Fielder will be within 50 of albert this year
you didnt get the point of my post, saying MC could have had Pujy over Craw

Also Fielder has not been within 150 points of Albert last 3 years, why within 50 all of a sudden?

tripp

EOG Master

Hmm not a bad offer at all MC. Thinking on it.

Not sure i love having that ss in my starting lineup over someone like yunel who could be good this year, but always time to make more deals

What happened to the nice man Artie? He brings mean rips in the thread as well as drafting

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

both SS or just one?

counter with what u r talking about?

Cant believe u are even thinking bout this one really. :)

tripp

EOG Master

both to kinda play matchups with each cause not real confident in either having solid years, but may be OK playing the matchups with them both.

sent what i meant

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

gonna think about it. im obviously giving up the best player by far in this deal. so lemme think.

biggamer3

EOG Master

wow what a strange bump from a previous season. While your at it check out some of the stuff guys said about Ubaldo a few years back. Dude is reaching WVU style dementia

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

HAHA I figured youd rush to accept my initial offer before I had time to rethink it.

Smart move.

tripp

EOG Master

nvm MC, took your deal.

thought about it and there wasn't a point in a hang up over escobar as chances are i trade for a different SS anyways before the start of the year

good deal, think it was pretty even

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

wow what a strange bump from a previous season. While your at it check out some of the stuff guys said about Ubaldo a few years back. Dude is reaching WVU style dementia
Huh? All I did was type in your name and konerko into search this thread - it was the 3rd thing that came up. :finger004 Took 4 seconds.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

nvm MC, took your deal.

thought about it and there wasn't a point in a hang up over escobar as chances are i trade for a different SS anyways before the start of the year

good deal, think it was pretty even

Not sure how even it was. You definitely got the better of it.

But I had little need for Howard now. I had enough of Howards weeks of 25 then -8. And I wanted to get Vlad in my lineup at DH anyway. And I like Yunel a lot playing in Toronto. Even Scutaro had a huge year there.

As for Happ? Just more pitching depth.

tripp

EOG Master

i was never a happ guy myself timely, didn't think his stuff would last in the majors as a top end guy, but he was very good with Houston last year too when he was dealt. guy has done nothing but produce.

i think it will be hard to get W's playing for Houston, but he's definitley worth having for good 2 step matchups. not much tough lineups playing in the NL

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

That was an interesting trade...

Happ not worth starting.
Desmond > Yunel
Howard > Loney

Yikes. Although Yunel could have a decent year, Loney is never worth starting either. I am not a big Howard fan though either - a lot of garbage traded there.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

i was never a happ guy myself timely, didn't think his stuff would last in the majors as a top end guy, but he was very good with Houston last year too when he was dealt. guy has done nothing but produce.

i think it will be hard to get W's playing for Houston, but he's definitley worth having for good 2 step matchups. not much tough lineups playing in the NL
He got wins playing for the best team in the NL, not the worst offensive team in the NL. Not only that, but the guys whip is just flirting with disaster.

tripp

EOG Master

Not sure how even it was. You definitely got the better of it.

But I had little need for Howard now. I wanted to get Vlad in my lineup at DH anyway. And I like Yunel a lot playing in Toronto. Even Scutaro had a huge year there.

As for Happ? Just more pitching depth.

yeah Escobar was who had me worried about the deal. He could end up being the most valuable guy in that deal this year getting a full season in toronto hitting in front of a bunch of HR guys and Davis in front of him who will steal almost every time he gets on

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Cee just sent it, same as the email u send the football plays too though.

I have been reading this thread more then actually working at my normal job today.

tripp

EOG Master

Howard isn't good for this league, but as long as he can go back to the pts he has scored most years before last year I am happy with him at 1b.

Scored over 450 from 07 til '09, including a 500 point year. I'll take 450 as most i was hoping for from Loney was 400, but more likely 380 range

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Howard will score points overall. But in this league...hes not valuable. I had him last yr. He gets 25 one week and then -5 another week. So frustrating.

He is better than Loney though. Loney wont even get 25 in 3 weeks combined :)

He will be dropped.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Breaking down some team match ups - looks like I have a better squad than the champ.

Victor > JP
Prince > Kendry
Prado < Becks
Young < Zimmer
Reyes < Jimmy
Coghlan < Rasmus
Cruz < Hambo
Tabata < Kemp
Wells < Delmon
Fowler < Freddie

Pitching:

Beckett < Garza
Haren = Volquez
Ubaldo < Greinke
Ricky < Edwin
Ervin > Myers
Wolf < Lewis
Harang < Pavano
Bailey < Thornton
Street > ?

Gonna be a long year for the champ.

tripp

EOG Master

not close for me timely.

Garza and two guys I'd barely ever use for JJ. JJ likely won't get dealt unless there's another stud arm coming back since I don't have much pitching depth

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

not close for me timely.

Garza and two guys I'd barely ever use for JJ. JJ likely won't get dealt unless there's another stud arm coming back since I don't have much pitching depth
Ok 3-1 pitchers would add depth though... Cecil, Minor and Garza adds depth but I get what you're saying. OK, not really trying to offer a ton more for a guy coming off shoulder problems.