Who's betting MLB pre-season?

Anybody betting MLB? If so how did you do last pre-season? I know it's hard to handycap them, but so exiting to finally see baseball back allready, just can't stay away from it.

Much like preseason football, there is money to be made but you need to study-up to find the advantages.

Local newspaper colums will have much better information on preseason match-ups than national media outlets. Local papers (and web sites) can give you little nuggets like who is a little sore and likely to sit out, maybe what pitcher is working on a new pitch, who is being given a day or two off and not making a long bus trip, that sort of stuff. Also teams with "set" position players may sit those players more frequently and "audition" other players in those positions as trade bait.

These games are really upside down and not especially competitive. Watch for games to turn around quickly as a 5-0 lead gets blown when a team brings in a gas can pitcher who needs work but might never come into a regular game in that situation.

Jimmy Hoffa said:
Much like preseason football, there is money to be made but you need to study-up to find the advantages.

Local newspaper colums will have much better information on preseason match-ups than national media outlets. Local papers (and web sites) can give you little nuggets like who is a little sore and likely to sit out, maybe what pitcher is working on a new pitch, who is being given a day or two off and not making a long bus trip, that sort of stuff. Also teams with "set" position players may sit those players more frequently and "audition" other players in those positions as trade bait.

These games are really upside down and not especially competitive. Watch for games to turn around quickly as a 5-0 lead gets blown when a team brings in a gas can pitcher who needs work but might never come into a regular game in that situation.

So to say it in one word very sloppy. A lot harder then regular season.

Not especially harder. It's just that teams are not especially playing to win every game in the preseason.

Often times teams are using these games to get guys some at bats, innings, and exposure. Many preseason starters often have no chance to make the team. Guys who are sure starters often either don't play or get far fewer at bats and innings.

Ok MC I see them I saw you won yesterday, I will be with you on the same bus today, let's ride this one into the regular season, build a small bank going into the April. Good Luck.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
breakthebank said:
Ok MC I see them I saw you won yesterday, I will be with you on the same bus today, let's ride this one into the regular season, build a small bank going into the April. Good Luck.

Yes. Playing small in Pre and going all out in regular season.

Bases is MY sport!

I will be searching for a good capper this baseball season.

There are a few at the rx with solid records last year that know what they doing. Madcapper i still can't trust to tell you the truth.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
coconutman said:
I will be searching for a good capper this baseball season.

There are a few at the rx with solid records last year that know what they doing. Madcapper i still can't trust to tell you the truth.

LOL ok man.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
btb, got on todays?

4-0 +4.32 units today!

Sides: 5-0 +5.62 units
Totals: 0-1 -1.05 units
YTD: 5-1 +4.58 units

Yes MC I got it, but it hard to keep up with you. I ussualy make one bet, but a big one, I don't ussualy bet the board. Got Detroit, thanks, I saw you went 4-0.

This is the kind of stuff I look for when evaluating preseason matchups:

Dodgers:
--Travel squad: Little said he will fill out the rosters for Tuesday's intrasquad game at Jacksonville with a combination of players from major- and minor-league camps and that a handful of position players and several pitchers from big-league camp will stay behind.

Most of the position players not making the trip are coming off injuries and not ready to play in games, including J.D. Drew and Jeff Kent (wrist), Rafael Furcal (knee) and Cesar Izturis (elbow). Catchers Sandy Alomar and Pat Borders and outfielder Kenny Lofton also are staying back.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/wiremenu