Will the 49ers sign Baker Mayfield?

kane

EOG master
If you can't beat out Sam Darnold or PJ Walker for the job, that tells you all you need to know

blueline

EOG Master
I was being facetious.....but in this situation it would be an upgrade.....that game yesterday was a low point for them

Heim

EOG Master
I miss his 'at home' commercials with Progressive. They lay over anything State Farm has done with
Mahomes and Chris Paul.

Mayfield said he pitched Progressive on a 'moving out' (CLEV) commercial when he left for Carolina, but they declined.

Heim

EOG Master
Lucky for Baker, a team with artificial turf picked him up. He can put the lawnmower in storage or sell it to Watson.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
5 games left. Playing for a non competitive team decimated by injuries the rest of the way isn't going to make much difference.

southern coach

EOG Member
I just read on Twitter that colts had waived Matt Ryan and 49ers were interested in him.
saw it 2 different places. anyone else see that.

blueline

EOG Master
obvioisly isnt scripted but you couldnt have scripted it any better......stand alone game....raiders are now great rams suck.....free money being handed out all over the place......oooops......thank you rams and baker mayfield

Heim

EOG Master
Mayfield gets a million dollar bonus for winning the NFC South. At this point in his career, that motivates.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Why would Houston want him? Mayfield likely will never be a starter again, he can either be a backup or retire, but I can't see any team making him their starting QB

From "the posts that didn't age well" section of the board, LOL.

In fairness I'm a Bucs fan but I had no idea Baker would play as well as he has either.

Be interesting to see how hard Tampa works to keep him after this season.

Sure they'd like to have him but they are more in the range of rookie QB's on their first contract budget as they stand right now.

A deep playoff run might change perspectives but I don't see that happening, Cowboys will kick their ass again if that's the match-up.

Valuist

EOG Master
Forget Hamlan and Flacco, Baker made a strong case for Comeback Player of the Year. 4000 pass yards 28-10 TD/INT 95 QB rating and 54 QBR. This comes after these 2022 numbers: 2100 pass yards 10-8 TD/INT ratio, 80 QB rating and 26 QBR. Not to mention engineering a playoff win.