Yankees HRs....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Aaron Hicks and Giancarlo Stanton went yard tonight at Yankee Stadium.

Homer streak is extended to 27 games, tying an MLB mark set by the Rangers in 2002.

The record is likely to be broken Tuesday night when the Yankees host the Jays with Clayton Richard (0-3, 7.46 ERA) on the hill.

MrTop

EOG Master
Well in October the yankees will not be playing Toronto. Cashman is going to have to prove again why he has these big power hitters that whiff . Stanton hurt again. This guy has been a bust from day one. Judge was fine to keep cause he is cheap, the Stanton move was crazy. I would of made a move to get smaller hitters that can field not stanton

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Well in October the yankees will not be playing Toronto. Cashman is going to have to prove again why he has these big power hitters that whiff . Stanton hurt again. This guy has been a bust from day one. Judge was fine to keep cause he is cheap, the Stanton move was crazy. I would of made a move to get smaller hitters that can field not stanton
$26M owed this year.

Signed a 13 yr $325M deal back in 2018

$234M left on his contract.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
MrTop, speaking of Stanton...he was on the same Marlin team as Yelich. I tip my hat to the Brewers' front office.

Somebody saw something in Yelich. His statline as a young player was modest. Good for his age but not overwhelming. How did they identify this guy? Better than anyone ever imagined, I guess.

MrTop

EOG Master
MrTop, speaking of Stanton...he was on the same Marlin team as Yelich. I tip my hat to the Brewers' front office.

Somebody saw something in Yelich. His statline as a young player was modest. Good for his age but not overwhelming. How did they identify this guy? Better than anyone ever imagined, I guess.

yelich kid is good. He does not whiff , hits & has power. One of MLB best hitters.

kane

EOG master

I saw a lot of Yelich when he played down here, and I knew he would be a great hitter, he always had a great eye at the plate and rarely swung at bad pitches, the thing I didn't see coming was his power surge, I figured he would end up being a 20-25 HR a year guy, but nothing like this. When I first saw him play he reminded me of a young Joey Votto, great plate discipline, doesn't strike out much, great contact hitter, hits to all fields, a line drive hitter.

kane

EOG master
The amazing thing about the Yankees HR streak is, they're doing it without the two biggest sluggers in the game in Stanton and Judge

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Stanton needs to just go away...leads the league in home runs when already sporting 5 run lead. I went to the game yesterday. Yanks lucky that most of Toronto batting order is such trash. Vlad's kid hitting absolute bombs in BP was something.

kane

EOG master
Stanton needs to just go away...leads the league in home runs when already sporting 5 run lead. I went to the game yesterday. Yanks lucky that most of Toronto batting order is such trash. Vlad's kid hitting absolute bombs in BP was something.

I assume you have data to back this up

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
Been following MLB since 60s. A very high era used to be 3.50 among starters. Plenty of starters now with era of 5.00 or 6.00.