BOLD Prediction -- The YANKEES will win at least 110 games this year!

munson15

I want winners...
Re: BOLD Prediction -- The YANKEES will win at least 110 games this year!

Shaven, I was at the Old Stadium for MICKEY MANTLE DAY on June 8, 1969!! Still have a little button from the game!

I was at GAME 7 [THE BOONE GAME] THAT WAS A LONG PLANE RIDE HOME!!

But in 2004 I was at the ALCS in Boston for GAMES 3/4/5 and I could have walked home!!

By the way!! We closed the deal in the series!! lol!!!

munson15

I want winners...

You probably WANTED to walk home and STAY home after game 3, Tony!

no doubt munson!!!! it was horrific!!! and raining off and on!!!:doh1

munson15

I want winners...

Nobody here can beat my big game record for personally attended games, and I've got the ticket stubs to prove it! The Chambliss game in '76, the Reggie game in '77, the Brosius game in '01, and the Boone game in '03, not to mention countless big-time regular season games like Reggie's return in '82, retired # ceremonies, etc. etc. Problem is I'm getting old enough to start forgetting details, like earlier in this thread.

But Mickey Mantle Day was for a 10-year old kid, the epitome of baseball memories, for major events like that they used to lay out on the field, ALL the giant-sized banners for each pennant and WS winner in the history of the team! The ones that normally would be flown over the Stadium, they'd take them all off the flagpoles, and lay them flat on the field. It was AWESOME!

Then, when they rode Mantle around the Stadium in a golf cart, well, it brings goosebumps to one who was there. The standing ovation lasted over 10 minutes (it was timed) and then Mantle spoke to the crowd, and presented DiMaggio w/ a plaque that still stands in Monument Park. Imagine, at the time (he had been retired 18 years) DiMaggio wasn't recognized in the Monument area in center field! I'll have to stop there, but I hope you guys enjoyed the story!:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Tony, how much would you have bet me that Boston would win the Series on your way home that night?

munson15

I want winners...

I foolishly dropped a bundle at that point in the proceedings, which has made me the bitter, addled person I am today.

Funny thing is, I actually hoped the Red Sox would win some year because I have a lot of good friends who root for them. Pulled hard for them in '86.

Might have been ok with any other year, but to do it the way they did, with us (and my $$$) as victims, well, obviously we could have done that a little differently in my mind.

I was 17 years old in 86 and living in Tidewater Tide country [mETS FARM TEAM] and watching GAME 7 with some Mets fans.

I was so upset!! I walked about 3 miles to my house with tears in my eyes while these so call buddies of mine kept riding by laughing asking me to get in the truck!! LOL!!

I am almost positive it was raining as well!!

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

if any yankee fans want to give me under 110, Ill bet you whatever you want. no, I wont be scalping it later

munson15

I want winners...

My best friend at the time was watching game 6 w/ his also long-suffering dad, who with one out to go insisted they pop the cork on some champagne that had been purchased for the occasion. The son begged him not to do it for obvious reasons, but the dad said he wanted to be tasting the fruits of victory at the exact moment of their ultimate triumph.

Well, the bubbly went flat, and father and son didn't speak for months (I'm not kidding) over the egregious error. Sad story that took years to get over.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

All right, being that this IS a gambling forum, and in the intereests of full disclosure, I also must divulge that a small reason I found 2004 to be the worst Yankee postseason failure for me was that I lost NINE dimes on the outcome!!:doh1

Yea Many did. Though I know a few who took Boston when they were down 0-3.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

if any yankee fans want to give me under 110, Ill bet you whatever you want. no, I wont be scalping it later

We will wait to the actual "win" line comes out and bet the over....Yankee fans Unite!

mc!! thats what i thought!! you realized who crazy your statement really was!!! lol!!

when is the eog summit in AC!!! :cocktail

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

mc!! thats what i thought!! you realized who crazy your statement really was!!! lol!!

when is the eog summit in AC!!! :cocktail
No! I say they will win 110+ games this year. But why would I bet over 110 when I can bet over 97-99 when the line comes out?

AC? I can do it any weekend. I really hope we get it done.

MC!! It is a great thread!! But you are way to smart to believe that this yankee team could win 110 games!! I would bet againt them winning 100 games in a second and I would but it won't be close!!

I say 92 for the record!!

I don't think they could win 100 games in the NLW nevermind the ALE!! :houra

ps We will go to AC this summer!! I'll see if DEVIL can hook us up!!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

MC!! It is a great thread!! But you are way to smart to believe that this yankee team could win 110 games!! I would bet againt them winning 100 games in a second and I would but it won't be close!!

I say 92 for the record!!

I don't think they could win 100 games in the NLW nevermind the ALE!! :houra

ps We will go to AC this summer!! I'll see if DEVIL can hook us up!!

I said it was a BOLD prediction....and I really do believe they can do it.

92? Cmon!!

Get AC done!!! :houra

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Btw...Munson...do you still go to Yankee Games at the Stadium?

munson15

I want winners...

I hate to brag, but I met Steinbrenner, and sat in Steve Swindal's box (yeah, I know about the DUI) for the 1st game of the Detroit series. We were going to go back for the ALCS opener until the unfortunate events of the next few days. I have pictures to prove it! Maybe I could e-mail my photo of George and me in his office, and could you put it up?

munson15

I want winners...

MC, I don't mean to impose on you, I just don't know how to do it. Dirty had to put up my avatar, for chrissakes! I didn't even know what an avatar was until I started here.:doh1

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Munson,

Will you be attending any games this year? If so I want to hook you up with some free hotdogs and knishes. (as long as its not on a Friday Night or Saturday)

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

MC, I don't mean to impose on you, I just don't know how to do it. Dirty had to put up my avatar, for chrissakes! I didn't even know what an avatar was until I started here.:doh1

I cant do it for you. Dirty can :)

munson15

I want winners...

I hope to see about 3 or 4 in NY, we just got their AAA team here, and I'll be at lots of those. I don't know where you're located, but if you visit, we can sit in the 2nd row and talk lots of baseball while we watch Phil Hughes pitch!:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

I'll supply the tickets AND the beverages!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

I hope to see about 3 or 4 in NY, we just got their AAA team here, and I'll be at lots of those. I don't know where you're located, but if you visit, we can sit in the 2nd row and talk lots of baseball while we watch Phil Hughes pitch!:cheers
What about the big club? Gonna ever go to the Stadium?

munson15

I want winners...

Hell Yeah, I'll probably be in the luxury box for opening day. You see, my brother is a politician here, and he engineered the deal to bring the AAA Yankees here from Columbus. So, I have connections in NY. :houra

munson15

I want winners...

That's ME w/ George on my avatar! (until Dirty puts Munson back up, hopefully)

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Hell Yeah, I'll probably be in the luxury box for opening day. You see, my brother is a politician here, and he engineered the deal to bring the AAA Yankees here from Columbus. So, I have connections in NY. :houra

Sweet. Let me know the days you go. I want to hook you up with free Kosher Hotdogs and Knishes!

munson15

I want winners...

How far away are you? I'm 2 hours west of Yankee Stadium.

munson15

I want winners...

Let's keep in touch on that MC.

Yankees win 102 and still lose the division to the Red Sox. Both teams are light years ahead of other teams IMO. I hate to give credit to Boston though.

mc!! what are you going to want from that place when they finaaly blow it up??

munson15

I want winners...

I have an actual stadium seat from the original Yankee Stadium! Tony, I'm always jumping in on the Yankee discussions, and I apologize, but I love to share!:cheersWe Yankee fans are very communal!