BOLD Prediction -- The YANKEES will win at least 110 games this year!

Re: BOLD Prediction -- The YANKEES will win at least 110 games this year!

i love it may'n!! without the yankees i wouldn't have as much to talk about!!

i have enjoyed talking with you since your arrival!!! and by the way!! great avatar!!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

i love it may'n!! without the yankees i wouldn't have as much to talk about!!

i have enjoyed talking with you since your arrival!!! and by the way!! great avatar!!
Alright Tony.....looking at your avatar has got me out whore hounding......Thanks!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

munson15

I want winners...

I feel terrible about inadvertently dropping Thurm! The picture of me and George I was hoping to simply use as a post, but I don't know what I'm doing, and Dirty has been helping me. I screwed up the request, and I'm hoping to get Thurm back up there. That photo is from last October in George's office, I'm telling him at that point about the time I ran on the field after the Reggie 3 HR game!!!!

[ and by the way!! great avatar!![/quote]

tell you what Tone,
Me and many other's on here are thinking that very same thing about yours buddy!

:+excited-
nice

I feel terrible about inadvertently dropping Thurm! The picture of me and George I was hoping .....

If you could some how put Thurman in there too, and have all 3 that would real nice.

munson15

I want winners...

Nice thought 105, I wish that were possible.....:(

Most of you may have heard already,

New York, NY (Sports Network) - The New York Yankees announced on Thursday that they will honor the memory of pitcher Cory Lidle by wearing a black band on the left sleeve of their home and road uniforms throughout the 2007 season.

Lidle was killed October 11 after a small plane he was in crashed into a New York City high-rise apartment building. He was 34 years old.
The Yankees acquired Lidle from the Philadelphia Phillies just before the trading deadline last July and he posted a record of 4-3 with a 5.16 earned run average in 10 games, including nine starts, with New York.

Lidle had a career mark of 82-72 with a 4.57 ERA in nine big league seasons with the New York Mets, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Oakland Athletics, Toronto Blue Jays, Cincinnati Reds, Philadelphia and the Yankees.

A good man

mofome

Banned

MOMO,

So how many games do you think they will win?

Their lineup can still win them some games when pitching is horrid.

97 wins led the al last year, i think they will win about 94 this year.

mofome

Banned

i was gonna try to read all this, but its too long

hopefully there were some good talks.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

The Yankees and their Fans SUCK! :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

munson15

I want winners...

ZZ, I can see you making that comment about the Yankees, after all, they are public figures, but how do you about their fans' sucking?:party

munson15

I want winners...

Mofome, please read post #85 on page 3, I think you'll like a story from way back when I was 10 years old.

mofome

Banned

Nobody here can beat my big game record for personally attended games, and I've got the ticket stubs to prove it! The Chambliss game in '76, the Reggie game in '77, the Brosius game in '01, and the Boone game in '03, not to mention countless big-time regular season games like Reggie's return in '82, retired # ceremonies, etc. etc. Problem is I'm getting old enough to start forgetting details, like earlier in this thread.

But Mickey Mantle Day was for a 10-year old kid, the epitome of baseball memories, for major events like that they used to lay out on the field, ALL the giant-sized banners for each pennant and WS winner in the history of the team! The ones that normally would be flown over the Stadium, they'd take them all off the flagpoles, and lay them flat on the field. It was AWESOME!

Then, when they rode Mantle around the Stadium in a golf cart, well, it bringsgoose bumps to one who was there. The standing ovation lasted over 10 minutes (it was timed) and then Mantle spoke to the crowd, and presented DiMaggio w/ a plaque that still stands in Monument Park. Imagine, at the time (he had been retired 18 years) DiMaggio wasn't recognized in the Monument area in center field! I'll have to stop there, but I hope you guys enjoyed the story!:cheers

thats a great story, munson. i cant imagne the goosebumps even thinking about it, much less having been there. no such memories or celebrations here in baltimore/dc. Cal Ripken breaking the 'streak' was a big one, but not much else here has been note worthy since your cheating boy, jeffery mayor, took that ball over the fence. blatant cheating!
:+whipping

munson15

I want winners...

The old Raiders (the ones that used to win a lot) had a saying "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying!" I guess young Jeffrey attended that school of learning! But don't blame him, Richie Garcia is the dumb-ass that didn't call fan interference for you.:+textinb3

mofome

Banned

The old Raiders (the ones that used to win a lot) had a saying "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying!" I guess young Jeffrey attended that school of learning! But don't blame him, Richie Garcia is the dumb-ass that didn't call fan interference for you.:+textinb3

that kids cousin,devin mayor, went to my HS. we were not pleased with his family that fall.

:angry:

munson15

I want winners...

Yanks 97-1/2 O/U season wins at BetCris

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Yankees win 102 and still lose the division to the Red Sox. Both teams are light years ahead of other teams IMO. I hate to give credit to Boston though.

102 and lose the division? So the Sox will win 102+?

WOW...thats bolder than mine.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

You'll need more than the force Tony!

They need Paps to close.

HE IS!!! WE JUST HAVEN'T TOLD YOU WET!!!:houra

:+textinb3 :+textinb3 :+textinb3 :+textinb3

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Tony,

In all seriousness do you like what Boston did this offseason?

mofome

Banned

102 and lose the division is ridiculous.

i will take the under 97.5

MC, I would be lying if I said they don't have some questions that needed answers. Also as we saw last year, if your team hits a long stretch of injuries any team can be reduced.

Bullpin seems to be of some concern to management, but they have complied a bunch of arms and I think they will shake out a decent group. If PAP goes back to closing as I think he will by opening day they will pretty good.

Starter aren't a problem to me. I think they will be the best staff in the East baring injury. Shilling will win his 15 games, Beckett has a year under his belt and should win 15-17 games again this season, Matsuzaka seems to have good creator and if he isn't a good pitcher in MLB then every scout in America was wrong, he will be fine and could win rookie of the year, Wakefield is getting older/old, but if the knuckler doesn't fail he should win his annual 10-15 games.
The wildcard will be Lester. He is coming back from a bout with cancer and claims to be healthy. He came to camp early and says he is ready to go. If he is, then there is a good possiblity PAP will he back to the closing role! They also have Taveraz who pitched well as a starter toward the end of the 06 season and Snyder who was decent in a couple of starts last season. I wouldn't be real confident with either one on the mound in Yankee Stadium.

DH! ORTIZ need I say more!!

Catcher could be a problem. I think they should of went out and got a good backup, but instead they stuck with Marabelli because of Wake. They could have signed Zaun and they should have. TEK should be better this year and says his elbow feels great, but he needs someone to take a few more games behind the plate. He's not a young man anymore. Look for a better year at the plate only, because they can't get any worse!!!

Infield is a mixed bag!! Lowell is solid on offense and a gold glover, Youk was a surprise at first and has a good plate presence. Now for the other two up the middle. Pedrioa will play second base and should be a better defender than Loretta. I have been following this kid thru the minors and I believe he has what it takes. He will be a .280 hitter with 20Hr capability in the future, but this year is a ? The Fenway Faithful will cut him some slack early. I think this kid will be good and could also be in the hunt for the Rookie trophy at the end! Lugo on the other hand will have to start off well, the fans will demand this! But he is a very likeable guy on the field. He hustles and that will impress the Faithful!! Also Ortiz is his best friend!! and that is BIG! If either has a bad week the veteran CORA is a solid back-up!

Outfield should be solid!! Manny has taken his house off the market and if he is happy!! Well MANNY BEING MANNY ain't to bad!!! I look for COCO to come back from the broken finger and play well. He also won't have to deal with the Johnny Damon question this season. He is WAY under the radar and I like it!!! J.D.Drew is better than any rightfielder the RED SOX have had since Dwight Evans. The guy is a numbers machine and he wont be asked to carry the team. He is a really good defender and he can rake!! I look for a big year!! And TROT NIXON missed as many or more games than DREW over the last 3or 4 years.

The bench is OK!! Cora is a solid back-up at any position on the infield. And my buddy HITDOGG think HENSK could be a big piece on the corners in the infield and outfield. Then there is WILY MO!! He is an adventure in right, but he is decent in center!! THATS NOT THE POINT!! This guy is a FORCE at the plate. He had a really good season in 06 and if he can learn the strike zone watch out!! I saw him hit a ball in KC last year that is still going!!

The management!!! It's top notch from top to bottom!!

I went on forever, but all I am trying to say is the SOX make the playoffs and that is all that really matters anymore!! If they do! They will have a good chance to bring home another!!!!

95 games and win the division! [Finally]:+excited-

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

MC, I would be lying if I said they don't have some questions that needed answers. Also as we saw last year, if your team hits a long stretch of injuries any team can be reduced.

Bullpin seems to be of some concern to management, but they have complied a bunch of arms and I think they will shake out a decent group. If PAP goes back to closing as I think he will by opening day they will pretty good.

Starter aren't a problem to me. I think they will be the best staff in the East baring injury. Shilling will win his 15 games, Beckett has a year under his belt and should win 15-17 games again this season, Matsuzaka seems to have good creator and if he isn't a good pitcher in MLB then every scout in America was wrong, he will be fine and could win rookie of the year, Wakefield is getting older/old, but if the knuckler doesn't fail he should win his annual 10-15 games.
The wildcard will be Lester. He is coming back from a bout with cancer and claims to be healthy. He came to camp early and says he is ready to go. If he is, then there is a good possiblity PAP will he back to the closing role! They also have Taveraz who pitched well as a starter toward the end of the 06 season and Snyder who was decent in a couple of starts last season. I wouldn't be real confident with either one on the mound in Yankee Stadium.

DH! ORTIZ need I say more!!

Catcher could be a problem. I think they should of went out and got a good backup, but instead they stuck with Marabelli because of Wake. They could have signed Zaun and they should have. TEK should be better this year and says his elbow feels great, but he needs someone to take a few more games behind the plate. He's not a young man anymore. Look for a better year at the plate only, because they can't get any worse!!!

Infield is a mixed bag!! Lowell is solid on offense and a gold glover, Youk was a surprise at first and has a good plate presence. Now for the other two up the middle. Pedrioa will play second base and should be a better defender than Loretta. I have been following this kid thru the minors and I believe he has what it takes. He will be a .280 hitter with 20Hr capability in the future, but this year is a ? The Fenway Faithful will cut him some slack early. I think this kid will be good and could also be in the hunt for the Rookie trophy at the end! Lugo on the other hand will have to start off well, the fans will demand this! But he is a very likeable guy on the field. He hustles and that will impress the Faithful!! Also Ortiz is his best friend!! and that is BIG! If either has a bad week the veteran CORA is a solid back-up!

Outfield should be solid!! Manny has taken his house off the market and if he is happy!! Well MANNY BEING MANNY ain't to bad!!! I look for COCO to come back from the broken finger and play well. He also won't have to deal with the Johnny Damon question this season. He is WAY under the radar and I like it!!! J.D.Drew is better than any rightfielder the RED SOX have had since Dwight Evans. The guy is a numbers machine and he wont be asked to carry the team. He is a really good defender and he can rake!! I look for a big year!! And TROT NIXON missed as many or more games than DREW over the last 3or 4 years.

The bench is OK!! Cora is a solid back-up at any position on the infield. And my buddy HITDOGG think HENSK could be a big piece on the corners in the infield and outfield. Then there is WILY MO!! He is an adventure in right, but he is decent in center!! THATS NOT THE POINT!! This guy is a FORCE at the plate. He had a really good season in 06 and if he can learn the strike zone watch out!! I saw him hit a ball in KC last year that is still going!!

The management!!! It's top notch from top to bottom!!

I went on forever, but all I am trying to say is the SOX make the playoffs and that is all that really matters anymore!! If they do! They will have a good chance to bring home another!!!!

95 games and win the division! [Finally]:+excited-

Very nice TONY! I didnt know you had this in you. I think Boston will win 91 this year....

...............and finish 20 games nehind the Yankees.

munson15

I want winners...

Tony, I always thought Mike Greenwell was an excellent ballplayer in RF for you guys. Only mention him because you went all the way back to Dewey Evans and skipped Greeny.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Bostons bullpen looks truly dreadful, they are not going to beat New York with that mess out there.

No way they should waste Papelbon as a closer again though and burn his arm out. They are going to have to trade for relief help.

For once, I like the Yankees team, I think they will be very good. Boston will be too, but good enough for second.

did I just write this? :(

Very nice TONY! I didnt know you had this in you. I think Boston will win 91 this year....

...............and finish 20 games nehind the Yankees.

MC!!! I am the wildcard around here!! The mystery man at EOG.com. Last year was just a peak into my knowledge of MLB.
I don't mess with totals or fancy designer picks!! I just tell you whos gonna win!! CHALK DOESN'T BOTHER ME EITHER!!! WINS BABY!!!

If you need a write up about another team let me know! HEHEHEHEHE!!

.............GAWD I am so full of chit!! MAY'N!!

I just put a curse on myself!!!! As for your comments about my SOX winning 91 games. Whatever it takes to make the post season!! That is all that matters!! But I think they take the division as a bonus!!!:houra

Tony, I always thought Mike Greenwell was an excellent ballplayer in RF for you guys. Only mention him because you went all the way back to Dewey Evans and skipped Greeny.

He was one of my favorites but he spent the majority of his career in LEFTFIELD!! I still order a spare jersey with #39 for our softball team. I can still see those black high top NIKES!! LOL!!

munson15

I want winners...

My bad, Tony. TY for the correction.

munson15

I want winners...

I used to play Strat-o-Matic back then, and if a player was used for 1 game at a position, he got a fielding rating there. I had Greenwell on my team, and I probably needed a RF, and used him in RF one of his first years in the league. Therein lies my addled state of mind regarding Greeny. I never called him Gator because Ron Guidry was Gator to us Yankee fans.

But I liked Greeny a lot, met him in their clubhouse a couple of times when I worked in MLB Productions, good ol' boy, fun to talk to.

munson15

I want winners...

Career .303 hitter, too!! Same exact career avg. as another favorite of mine from that era, Will Clark!!

MUNSON it sounds like you have been around baseball alot thru the years! You have some really good stories! I have really enjoyed listening to you since you joined!

I have lived in Virginia my entire life, so pro games were always a good 4 hours away! I was a tv sports kid! But we had some greats in the Mets minor league team here in town THE TIDES!

The PAWSOX and Columbus and many others come to town 1 or 2 times a year, so we get the youngsters first!!

IT'S FUN BUT NOT THE SAME!

:+sports2- :+sports2- :+sports2- :+sports2- :+sports2- :+sports2-

munson15

I want winners...

Tony, thanks for your kind words. It's funny you mentioned the AAA Tides, and seeing future stars in your hometown. I used to get my dad to go to AAA Phillies games here only when the Clippers would come in.

Anyway, we used to kind of "scout" the Yankees future based on seeing players live. Jeter, Rivera, Posada etc. were all on the Columbus team that played in Scranton in 1995. The only guy we noticed was Jeter (#1 draft pick, duh) and we both decided that he was going have to find another position (too many errors, kind of awkward for SS).

Then we figured he better learn SS, because he'd never hit enough to play an offensive position. Thought he'd have Bucky Dent-like stats in the majors! Thankfully, the Yanks never hired either one of us as talent evaluators, or they never would have had the 1996-2000 run they did.

I have never been as wrong about a player I saw w/ my own eyes as I was w/ Derek Jeter!

:+sports2- :+sports2- :+sports2- :+sports2- :+sports2-