How many ways to skin a cat...OT

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
I have this problem with my two year old's sand boat. It is filled with this pricey Barney purple sand. I got a great deal on a leftover pallet where the bags were splitting. So I set up the boat, put the sand in, and in a few weeks, i look over, and my kid is playing with a cat turd. I start screening it, and there is tons of it in there. So I empty th entire freaking think out, screen it all, add some spare bags, and start again. Even worse, now there are more turds than sand, and it is spring time and he always wants to play with his cars and his sand toys, even his Tonka dump truck in it.

I am at a loss of what to do. I made a cover for it, but that is futile as two year olds are not into covering things when they are done playing, and the cats are just in it the same night. I see two different ones come in my yard when I am smoking my cigars in the back. Even worse cat feces is supposed to be a disease carrying nightmare. The way I look at it, I don't shit in my neighbor's yards, let alone where thier kids play. I had some best friends whose cat did the same thing to thier neighbors and it was given prestone and died. They were devastated. I'd rather not go that route. But, it sure riles me having to tell my kid keep away from his own sandbox, in my own yard, because the neoghbors can't keep thier cats from using it as a community litter box.

What would you do?

Best Wishes...OF :+clueless

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: How many ways to skin a cat...OT

Great, I live in an upscale residential neighborhood, unloading on the cats with an automatic weapon would result in lockdown of Frog. Might make some religious zealots happy, but the object here is to stay unincarcerated and end the cat turd problem. Next.

Best Wishes...OF :doh1

cassiusclay

EOG Master

http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/norob/ClickTracker1.jsp?nxtg=d78c0a240515-130A72B5312AC6BB

Products Mortgage Travel Degrees Real Estate more
<!-- nxtginc=nextag.api.ServerInclude$JSPIncludeWriter(/seo/t1/buyer/common/header_accountlink.jsp) -->Sign In | My Lists
<!-- endnxtginc -->

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--PopupManager.newPopupGroup({showEvent:'mouseover',triggerPrefix:'catLink',popupPrefix:'catDiv',leftOffset:-120,topOffset:23});// --></SCRIPT><FORM id=headerSearchForm onsubmit="return submitStaticSearchLink('searchTop-s2', 'nodeTop','/KEYWORD/search-html');" action=/serv/main/buyer/OutPDir.jsp method=get><INPUT id=searchTop-s2 tabIndex=100 name=search> <INPUT class=header-searchbutton tabIndex=101 type=image alt="NexTag Search" src="http://img.nextag.com/imagefiles/misc/nextag_searchbutton_105x24.gif"> </FORM>

<!-- end header -->
All Categories : Home & Garden : Home Improvement
Have One to Sell?
<FORM id=ratingform name=ratingform action=http://merchants.nextag.com/serv/main/buyer/productm.jsp?nxtg=d78c0a240515-130A72B5312AC6BB method=get><INPUT type=hidden value=500631424 name=ptitle> <INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=units> <INPUT type=hidden value=-1 name=newrating> <INPUT type=hidden value=27 name=pdir> <INPUT type=hidden value=2700512 name=node> <INPUT type=hidden name=lgsearch> <INPUT type=hidden value=none name=command> <INPUT type=hidden value=0 name=core>
</FORM>
Ultrasonic Cat Deterrent

Cat Stop Ultrasonic Repellent by Contech helps keep stray cats out of yards and gardens, covertly, without disturbing the peace. The CatStop detects animal intruders. Its high decibel alarm startles cats away. The CatStop more ...
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--var originalContent = document.getElementById('top-description').innerHTML; showPartDescription(originalContent, "top-description", 226, 30, 'more ...');//--></SCRIPT>Part #: CAT-001 / CAT 001

Sellers Found: 2
Available Since: Feb 23, 2006

Lowest Price: $59.99

Average Rating:
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--StarRating.register({id:'productOverview',pid:500637226,rating:0.0,urating:-1.0,submitOn:'click',surl:'/tools/ratings.jsp?product=500637226&vid=-39025717007309',img:{sel:'/images/stars/star-red-1.png',unsel:'/images/stars/star-gray-1.png',half:'/images/stars/star-red-gray-1.png',usr:'/images/stars/star-yellow-1.png'},domain:'.nextag.com'});//--></SCRIPT>(0 user ratings)
<!-- nxtginc=nextag.api.ServerInclude$JSPIncludeWriter(/buyer/ATLSSI.jsp?ptid=500631424&dts=y) -->+ Add to Shopping List | <!-- endnxtginc -->
Set Price Alert

<FORM id=theForm onsubmit="return validateZipCodeForm(this);" action=/serv/main/buyer/productm.jsp?nxtg=d78c0a240515-130A72B5312AC6BB method=get><INPUT type=hidden value=500631424 name=ptitle> <INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=units> <INPUT type=hidden value=changeZipcode name=cmd> <INPUT type=hidden value=null name=sort> <INPUT type=hidden value=27 name=pdir> <INPUT type=hidden value=2700512 name=node> <INPUT type=hidden value=d78c0a240515-130A72B5312AC6BB name=nxtg>
<TABLE id=product-sellers cellSpacing=0><THEAD><TR class=product-seller-table-header><TH class=ph-seller width="16%" height=25>Seller</TH><TH class=ph-rating width="16%">Seller Ratings</TH><TH class=ph-cond width="16%">Description</TH><TH class=ph-price width="16%">Price</TH><TH class=ph-tax width="16%">+Tax & Shipping</TH><TH class=ph-truePrice width="16%">TruePrice</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class="blankbg "><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ccc 1px solid" colSpan=4><TABLE class=row-cell-container><TBODY><TR><TD class=alignCenter width="25%">Target
</TD><TD class=alignCenter width="25%"> 64 Seller Reviews
</TD><TD class=alignCenter width="25%">In Stock
</TD><TD class=alignCenter width="25%">$59.99
Go to Store
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=product-firstrow-spancell style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ccc; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ccc 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ccc" colSpan=2 rowSpan=2>To calculate TruePrice,
including exact Tax and Shipping, enter your zip code below.
<LABEL for=zipcodetextbox>Enter Zip Code:</LABEL> <INPUT id=zipcodetextbox title="Your Google Toolbar can fill this in for you. Select AutoFill" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffa0" size=5 name=zipcode> <INPUT type=submit value=Go> </TD></TR><TR class="blankbg "><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ccc 1px solid" colSpan=4><TABLE class=row-cell-container><TBODY><TR><TD class=alignCenter width="25%">Petco
</TD><TD class=alignCenter width="25%"> 9 Seller Reviews
</TD><TD class=alignCenter width="25%">In Stock
</TD><TD class=alignCenter width="25%">See Site
Go to Store
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM>
Related Searches

cat repellent

, ultrasonic cat

<!-- nxtginc=nextag.api.ServerInclude$JSPIncludeWriter(/buyer/SponsoredLinks.jsp?slTargetMode=&slInclusionKey=product&slQuery=%24sskw%24&slKeywords=Ultrasonic+Cat+Deterrent&slBCT=Home+Improvement&slNode=2700408&slPageNum=&slPlacement=product-w&slResultCount=&slSource=&slInclusionStyle=&slProfile=M9bxbcc6eUofBPV%2FdARUGqow3q6KvrjM&slCtx=4vh5o8Sl94u%2BrgbOfPA67rHyyqAJne7EbksotlhWqIIdKmZmwIRb9cEYTdtQcMlkBU6xSd7syac9%0AYp2Md8wx1APKBb6jEHW7o7tXzoWAhP2rsxnkvKkEvc0N0F8J16jIMWxKA4hHdzzyO0YCVp%2FN2GBz%0AoRjvXzundPmutt0d%2F2jhaCxQl1e1KiZ5kTFFp%2Bi0C%2B4Rx8yBUB5toSJO1XaoWqlygIUBPaWI8mXv%0AA93O6duD0mLLMTbvk6YTVEFWagrLCl9s7RE%2BGilpxWfFu8p%2BCl1h%2Fp00Q%2Bgx) --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--document.write('<iframe name="slIFrame_google_product" id="slIFrame_google_product" src="/buyer/SponsoredLinksIFrame.jsp?s=google&tm=&ik=product&u=&q=Ultrasonic+Cat+Deterrent+Home+Improvement&k=&qq=&qk=Ultrasonic+Cat+Deterrent&qb=Home+Improvement&n=2700408&pn=1&rc=5&p=product-w&ch=main&cx=4vh5o8Sl94u%2BrgbOfPA67rHyyqAJne7EbksotlhWqIIdKmZmwIRb9cEYTdtQcMlkBU6xSd7syac9%0AYp2Md8wx1APKBb6jEHW7o7tXzoWAhP2rsxnkvKkEvc0N0F8J16jIMWxKA4hHdzzyO0YCVp%2FN2GBz%0AoRjvXzundPmutt0d%2F2jhaCxQl1e1KiZ5kTFFp%2Bi0C%2B4Rx8yBUB5toSJO1XaoWqlygIUBPaWI8mXv%0AA93O6duD0mLLMTbvk6YTVEFWagrLCl9s7RE%2BGilpxWfFu8p%2BCl1h%2Fp00Q%2Bgx&do=&ti=0&r=1207687214067" frameborder="0" class="fullwidth" style="height:0px" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no"><\/iframe>');// --></SCRIPT><IFRAME class=fullwidth id=slIFrame_google_product style="HEIGHT: 329px" name=slIFrame_google_product marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="/buyer/SponsoredLinksIFrame.jsp?s=google&tm=&ik=product&u=&q=Ultrasonic+Cat+Deterrent+Home+Improvement&k=&qq=&qk=Ultrasonic+Cat+Deterrent&qb=Home+Improvement&n=2700408&pn=1&rc=5&p=product-w&ch=main&cx=4vh5o8Sl94u%2BrgbOfPA67rHyyqAJne7EbksotlhWqIIdKmZmwIRb9cEYTdtQcMlkBU6xSd7syac9%0AYp2Md8wx1APKBb6jEHW7o7tXzoWAhP2rsxnkvKkEvc0N0F8J16jIMWxKA4hHdzzyO0YCVp%2FN2GBz%0AoRjvXzundPmutt0d%2F2jhaCxQl1e1KiZ5kTFFp%2Bi0C%2B4Rx8yBUB5toSJO1XaoWqlygIUBPaWI8mXv%0AA93O6duD0mLLMTbvk6YTVEFWagrLCl9s7RE%2BGilpxWfFu8p%2BCl1h%2Fp00Q%2Bgx&do=&ti=0&r=1207687214067" frameBorder=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME><!--rfk n--><!-- endnxtginc -->

The NexTag shopping search engine has prices from name brand stores all over the web. Compare prices for computers, electronics, books, CDs, movies, office products and video games. Become a seller yourself today!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

That's pretty cool. Ultrasonic weaponry. Costs more than a gallon of Prestone. And way more than a flat shovel I already have. But great idea, I will research that. I wonder if I cranked it up high enough would it explode thier feline heads?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Great, now a komodo dragon. POS69 would be happy as I would lose a few smaller Frogs that way. Besides Doug, I thought you painted cats. No ultrasonic is best so far. No automatic weapons, no komodo dragons. Cats are too smart to enter haveahart traps. This is a toughie.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I was thinking of a lethal trap, but you get a cat's paw in one of those steel jaws and it would make enough noise to wake up the local SPCA. No way. Back to incarcaration. Can be lethal, at this point, but it must be silent. No automatic weapons, no komodo dragons, no steel jawed traps.

I like cats, Frog !

are your problem cats feral or neighbor's pets ?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The more I research this, the more it pisses me off. The cats feces can carry roundworms, and even though the cat feces melts away, the roundworms can stay alive in the sand for ling preiods of time. If your child happens to touch them and puuts his hands in his mouth, they can infect all of the kids organs, and cause blindness and possibly death. It also can have taxisplasmosis. This is way worse than I thought. I have to toss all of the sand and start over. But first I have to get rid of the cats. Unreal how many hits I found on searches. This is a widespread problem.

Best Wishes...OF :doh1

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I like cats, Frog !

are your problem cats feral or neighbor's pets ?

Would appear to be neighbor's pets, but not for long after looking into this.

Best Wishes...OF :hung

They will soon be fliers on the lamp posts and classified, lost cats.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Eggs of the dog roundworm and less frequently cat roundworm, reach the soil in the feces of infected animals. After an appropriate incubation period, they become infective to both animals and humans and remain so for a prolonged period. Children may ingest the eggs while eating soil or playing in feces-soiled areas. In humans eggs may be rejected or hatch in the intestine and migrate to various parts of the body (liver, lung, muscle, eye, or central nervous system)... symptoms include pneumonitis, swollen liver, muscle and joint aches, cough and rashes and skin nodules. Convulsions may occur and if larvae reach the eye, visual deficiencies may result.

Each year in the United States, approximately 10,000 children are infected with ascarids from dogs and cats, and it is estimated that about 750 lose their vision.

This article changed my feelings pretty fast.

Best Wishes...OF :+whipping

Woody

EOG Veteran

A dog will solve your problem, but it needs to be trained (regarding defaecating, not chasing cats).

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

No automatic weapons, no komodo dragons, no steel jawed traps, no dogs, no Alf, (lame show anyway). Whats worse, they crap in my vegetable garden as well. I think ultrasonic device and motion sensor sprinklers are my top choices so far. With Prestome looking more and more like a viable solution, no pun intended. Screw this, my family's health is more important than my inconsiderate neighbors cats right to shit in my yard.

Best Wishes...OF :+whipping

I understand the kid's sandbox is not the neighborhood litterbox. You can still get in BIG trouble poisoning cats with A/F.

If I were you I might consider the Havahart traps, and "relocating" those caught, provided a dog is not an option.

My present cat never goes outdoors.

How many cats do you estimate are using your facilities ?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I'm thinking two. And I am not poisoning anything. If a cat left it's owner's yard, and came into my yard and accidentally ingested some anti freeze I most carelessly spilled, that would be a tragic accident. That you suggest I would poison someone's cat really hurts my feelings Doug. I would never even consider such an act.

Best Wishes...OF :smokesmal

are you going to spill it on some already spilled (spilt?) canned tuna ?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

No, anti freeze is like catnip to cats, simply irresistable. Boy, how do you spell that? They glom it down like it is their last meal. Ironically it usually is. I would never put it in a pet food bowl or anything they are accustomed to eat or drink out of. I dunno. The entire episode is a disaster. God hates me I guess. I wish the fools would just keep thier cats out of my yard is all. I am one who would never want to hurt someone or thier pet. That is why I posted this topic. Golden rule, but they are pushing it.

Best Wishes...OF :(

also for children, as it is rumored to taste sweet, and probably any other animals.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Not bad ginger, got me to laugh about a very unhappy situation. Quite the pickle here between protecting my family and hurting a pet that someone loves. My friends were devastated when it happened to them. I'll do whatever I can to protect my family and not harm someone's pet. Is that fair?

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

How's Jimmy?

Tuckman

Uh Poster

antifreeze is just a suggestion... also search for a thread from ralph, the guy from brazil, he started the same type of thread way back

Ginger Hoffa

EOG Member

Not bad ginger, got me to laugh about a very unhappy situation. Quite the pickle here between protecting my family and hurting a pet that someone loves. My friends were devastated when it happened to them. I'll do whatever I can to protect my family and not harm someone's pet. Is that fair?

How's Jimmy?
Tell you what FROG, I'll steer clear of your sandbox and mention it to the others at tonights union meeting down at the Local 329 Felines Hall.

Jimmy's in a foul mood tonight as Mrs. Hoffa has been bleeding him dry on furniture for the new place.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

That situation is much different from mine, he is in Brazil where anything goes and they are feral. I am in a US residential neighborhood and have little doubt they are someone pets. They actually like me and come right up, even when I have a stogie. No way I intentionally hurt these cats in anyway. I think the motion detector sprinklers, and the ultrasonic toy are a start. I could capture them and take them to the pound but I am not going there until all else fails. Just saddens me my two year old cannot even play in his own sand box. Plus they crap in my vegetable garden so it is not like covering the sand box is a cure all. I was hoping for some kind of cat rid, or scare scent. Still researching, but I am not going through this again, it is a ton of work. The weather is warming up and I want the boy back in his box as much as he does.

So, I guess you have no idea who owns the cats ?

The A/F method would be brutally cold, the cat would likely suffer extremely and die slowly and badly.

I think a domestic cat( even a feral one) would be very trappable, hint... not all cats like fish, mine (Cooter) won't touch fish, only beef. Curiosity will get them into the trap, then the pound, owner will have to pay $50-100 to get bail for the cat...2-3 times of that will keep the cat indoors, or get it a new home, or at least a better death.

You'd be on better moral grounds that way.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

set a trap and dump the cats 20-30 miles away on a country road.

Blondie

EOG Master

So, I guess you have no idea who owns the cats ?

The A/F method would be brutally cold, the cat would likely suffer extremely and die slowly and badly.

I think a domestic cat( even a feral one) would be very trappable, hint... not all cats like fish, mine (Cooter) won't touch fish, only beef. Curiosity will get them into the trap, then the pound, owner will have to pay $50-100 to get bail for the cat...2-3 times of that will keep the cat indoors, or get it a new home, or at least a better death.

You'd be on better moral grounds that way.

Have to agree with Doug. Someone poisoned the neighbor's dog with A/F not too long ago, the dog died a cruel death. Trapping would be a much more humane approach.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The key word there is moral. Or ethical. If I knew who's cats they are I would knock and thier front door and make a polite request and let them see the damage. No threats. If they told me to pound sand, well, that could be a problem, more for them than me, I assure you of that. I don't carry myself in a push me and see what happens manner. Cats have a keen sense of smell, in fact they have keen senses of everything, sight, sound and taste. They are survivors. I seriously doubt they would walk into a trap. A domestic cat may be that dumb, not sure.

I wonder where I could buy or rent a Komodo Dragon?

feral cats are often trapped and fixed and released. I don't know if domestic cats are wiser, and ferals get caught by hunger more easily.

If the trap is large enough it should work fine. Cats sense with their whiskers, and will not enter a space that is too small ( touches their whiskers). A large trap would work better, less threatening.

They might stand outside the trap for an hour thinking about it, but curiosity kills them, and they go in.

I wonder where I could buy or rent a Komodo Dragon?

Indonesia ?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

feral cats are often trapped and fixed and released. I don't know if domestic cats are wiser, and ferals get caught by hunger more easily.

If the trap is large enough it should work fine. Cats sense with their whiskers, and will not enter a space that is too small ( touches their whiskers). A large trap would work better, less threatening.

They might stand outside the trap for an hour thinking about it, but curiosity kills them, and they go in.

Pretty expensive for a extra large havahart. I think the Komodo Dragon rental would be cheaper. I have zero experience trapping animals live. I've used double jawed steel for large rats and squirrels. Had one rat chew it's own leg off to get out. Never seen a meaner critter.

OK, let's go to the next move, buy a trap, trap the cat. Now what? Go door to door, is this cat your pet? Take to pound, where they execute unclaimed pets? Dump out in sticks, a zillion miles from home? Hold it hostage until reward is offered?

Best Wishes...OF :+excited- :+clueless

you can't just give it back, go to the pound with it, make them pay.

two kinds of cats:

indoor... they don't know outside... are afraid of it... total housecat.

indoor/outdoor: these can't be converted to indoor only easily. Once kitty knows outside it will always want freedom. Cat will scratch at the door until you let it out, or it escapes.

probably best to impound the offending feline in another town.If owner gets it back, kitty will be back to your jumbo litterbox. Its like a bathroom big enough to play baseball in...Nickelback

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I know, that is why trapping it just does not seem like the right solution. I need to break it of my backyard, either with sonic (noise) or motion sprinkler, (water). Maybe some nasty scent. Heard pepper works. I have just about ruled out live trapping, because the next step is no win.

I don't know how other methods would work. Most cats hate water, but how sensitive is your system going to be ?

IMO, trap the cats and give them a ride.

Cats prefer a clean litterbox, just as you won't shit in a gas station toilet or a MR. Potty filthbox unless no choice.

kitty is going to that good box of yours out of habit.

cat must be removed.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Pain in the butt Froggie. My first reaction was to talk to the neighbors but you are not sure who they are. Must be a way to deter then from that area with out lethal injection or the like. There has got to be a way.

Update ?

Whiskers here is wanting in on the facilities, she heard some stories about the place from her friends. Girls love a nice bathroom. She will even dress up for ya,Frog !

Even ,Cooter wants to fly in to check it out, word gets around fast.