Anyone just flat out not feel the financial crisis in their own lives?

PassTheRock

EOG Master
Re: Anyone just flat out not feel the financial crisis in their own lives?

I'm with you. Things are actually better for me today than they have been in the past few years. Go figure.

mofome

Banned

lots of friends and family struggling looking for work these days.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

lots of friends and family struggling looking for work these days.

I mean yes the job situation for a lot of Americans sucks and I feel for them but for me things couldn't be better.

August West

Rambler

Its stressing me out and pissing me off. I've hated politicians my whole life for being all talk and no action and basically wasting the majority of our tax money on their special interests. And I believe this is the biggest failure of elected officials this country has ever seen.

I feel real bad for my dad who is 67 and still works full time and now will probably have to for at least 6-8 more years at least.

mofome

Banned

I mean yes the job situation for a lot of Americans sucks and I feel for them but for me things couldn't be better.

congrats to you and those doing well

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Its stressing me out and pissing me off. I've hated politicians my whole life for being all talk and no action and basically wasting the majority of our tax money on their special interests. And I believe this is the biggest failure of elected officials this country has ever seen.

I feel real bad for my dad who is 67 and still works full time and now will probably have to for at least 6-8 more years at least.

But how is it stressing you out? Can you not find a job or what's going on to make you pissed off?

Felt it earlier this year when I lost my job for a while. Now I just feel it mildly with certain things having a higher price than before - like Wendy's raising the price of chili all the time. :)

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Felt it earlier this year when I lost my job for a while. Now I just feel it mildly with certain things having a higher price than before - like Wendy's raising the price of chili all the time. :)

Shrink had ya on post review?

WVU

EOG Master

I feel it and see it having a huge effect on people's lives. My wife is in the other room watching CNN money report right now. She never does that.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

I feel it and see it having a huge effect on people's lives. My wife is in the other room watching CNN money report right now. She never does that.

But other than employment how is it effecting lives? Don't get me wrong, employment issues are huge but what else?

my advice is dont have kids. You want to pay $200 grand for a college education? think before banging a wife

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

my advice is dont have kids. You want to pay $200 grand for a college education? think before banging a wife

I have 3 and they're no where near college and mine cost around 30-40K. 200 is a very high figure in my opinion.

Unfortunately, I've picked up three new bankruptcy cases in the last four days. . .That does not bode well for any aspect of the economy.

WVU

EOG Master

But other than employment how is it effecting lives? Don't get me wrong, employment issues are huge but what else?

Many people I know, are either in foreclosure, about to be, or contemplating short selling their house. It hasn't really hit the job sector yet, but everyone is going out less and spending less so it is only a matter of time.

Couples that I used to go out with and blow several hundred a night on food and drinks are coupon shopping and eating at home now.

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated

Not affecting me........the housing market decline prevented me from buying a house on a beautiful private lake.....we couldnt sell our house and we were not about to give it away, but life goes on.91023i2ndw;l

WVU

EOG Master

Who pays 200 grand for college?

seriously i wouldnt even want to spend 40k on a dumbass kid. thats 40k i can spend on drugs

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

Not hurting me at all. Sports betting in Las Vegas does not seem to be affected much -- so far.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Do you have a 401k plan or an IRA? I know people who have lost 35-50 percent of their life savings.

Unassail08

EOG Veteran

A buddy of mine, who just graduated college, has saved up a lot of money in his IRA, he has lost nearly 10 grand in the last 4 weeks.

I am very indifferent to the financial crisis. I cannot feel bad for all of those people who had all their money in the market. You have to diversify it enough so that when the big turns come you will not be hugely affected.

Work has been really good to me lately.

Bugman

EOG Dedicated

Everyone I know that wants a job has one. Those who describe themselves as "over-qualified" rather than work, sit on their ass & let my tax dollars support them. Our country is so blessed that far too many people refuse to work outside their self described profession.(Yes, the same country that punks get on here & say they're leaving if McCain gets elected,LOL) If they made 45k at their last job, they won't take a job now making 35k b/c it's "beneath" them. That is pathetic, but it's a real problem. Jobs are everywhere, too many people are just too lazy to work. oij213490

P.S. My IRA has taken a big hit, but I'm 42 years old ! I don't give a shit what it's worth now.....I want it to be there in 25 years. And it will be. The market gets too high & corrects itself. Been happening for a long time....

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Food bill for my family has gone thru the roof. Unreal....

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

Over the past 10 days, buddy tried to get some funds out of his retirement account...they made him fill out a 5-page request to determine "hardship"...

...he was denied!

Denied from obtaining his own money!
2348ji23e

Guess things aren't bad enough...yet

Or are they?

Bugman,
jesus.

No, things arent good. The company I work for profits are down 30% from last year, and they were down 10% the year before. We have had two people die and another one leave, and management hasnt considered replacing them. Its a way to cutback... Shit is bad now.. If you are in sales, I know you are feeling it, unless you have one of the rare products that are always necessary, like big cock pills.

WVU

EOG Master

My wife works for a finance company and she and 2 others are the only ones left out of about 30

guitarjosh

EOG Addicted

Unfortunately, I've picked up three new bankruptcy cases in the last four days. . .That does not bode well for any aspect of the economy.
You're a lawyer?

I've felt it in my stock portfolio. The local economy is doing pretty well.

Bugman

EOG Dedicated

Bugman,

No, things arent good. The company I work for profits are down 30% from last year, and they were down 10% the year before. We have had two people die and another one leave, and management hasnt considered replacing them. Its a way to cutback... Shit is bad now.. If you are in sales, I know you are feeling it, unless you have one of the rare products that are always necessary, like big cock pills.

Pest Control....and never been busier in 20 years. That's the truth.

As far as your companies profits going down.....sorry, but according to Biden, that's Patriotic baby !! :cheers Your company & its owners need to dig a little deeper & pay their fair share. Patriotic !! That's what your VP candidate said....

P.S. If those big-cock pills work, please P.M. the website to me. :+textinb391023i2ndw;l

The big cock pills dont need to work. Dopes will buy them if they are nothing but jellybeans.

:smokesmal

HMMNN.. DINNER TONIGHT AND DIAPERS FOR THE INFANT

OR................

BIG COCK PILLS?

I'll take B.

Yah. Here in Dallas, I've noticed people less driving--even though I filled up at $3.11 today--houses aren't selling, foreclosures are up, and the jobs classified section of the paper is a joke. The only thing saving the local economy is oil and gas production, which is booming. . .