gym time

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: gym time

Damn Mo.

Might have to take today off...was talking to my grandma at the grocery store and suddenly turned white, sweaty, and woozy. Don't know wtf was going on but had to sit down before i passed out.

diogee

I have been out of action since the running on Mon., maybe a little over-doing it there. Ah well, back to it this weekend I hope!
:+textinb3 I've been there...when I first decided to lose weight (after I went over the 200lb mark with next to no muscle mass) and get in shape I would walk at a medium pace for several hours a day. There were days I would wake up with my calves so cramped that I would barely be able to walk when I woke up.

diogee

fuck it...going to give the workout a try since I'm going on a fishing trip tomorrow.

Hitting the gym today after a two week layoff. BBQ to go to afterward so I think getting a workout in beforehand will be good.

J

joeybagadonuts

Shit, haven't been to my gym in weeks.

Going to (try) to play tennis tonight. Total gay sport but at least you have to fun around and get some exercise. It's also not too bad on my back.

diogee

a hurt face??? you headbutt someone in the fist?
Face plant on concrete floor in my brothers garage while playing beer pong...broken nose, knocked out 3/4 of one of my front teeth, and a little bit of pain/tenderness in the forehead and eye sockets. 2348ji23e2348ji23e2348ji23e

J

joeybagadonuts

Face plant on concrete floor in my brothers garage while playing beer pong...broken nose, knocked out 3/4 of one of my front teeth, and a little bit of pain/tenderness in the forehead and eye sockets. 2348ji23e2348ji23e2348ji23e

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Sorry to laugh at your pain, but that is some funny shit, Dio. Sounds like something stupid I would have done back when I played beer pong and drank like a fish.

This could have happened to me this weekend as well. I had a bit past "a bit too much" to drink, for sure.

diogee

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Sorry to laugh at your pain, but that is some funny shit, Dio. Sounds like something stupid I would have done back when I played beer pong and drank like a fish.
:+textinb3 No biggie...ended up spending the night in jail on top of it for a $50 no front plate ticket I had sent in a money order for.

J

joeybagadonuts

:+textinb3 No biggie...ended up spending the night in jail on top of it for a $50 no front plate ticket I had sent in a money order for.

Wow, talk about a shitty day. You ever read the site http://www.fmylife.com/?

It's a site called "fuck my life" where people write about the shitty days they are having, your story reminded me of some of the stuff on there. :+textinb3

diogee

Nice...I'll read some of that stuff. Had to call a dentist on Sat night as well on his emergency line for a root canal because drinking, breathing, or eating didn't feel good with the nerve exposed. Not the best of days. :LMAO

Time to hit the weights.

diogee

Hitting it a bit earlier than usual today...pull-ups, squats, deads, and curls. Nice and simple.

diogee

Just some cardio today...fell off the wagon big time last night and got my carb up out of the way. I know better than to have carbs house. No control. 2348ji23e

Hit it hard.

bill the cop

EOG Member

PULL UPS, the great equalizer! The one exercise that mitigates body weight differences.

I don't care how long you've been working out, or what your routine is. If you don't practice pull ups (I don't mean those bullshit half way down kind), you probably can't do double digits.

Here's the protocol: Moderately wide grip, hands facing away, ALL the way down and ALL the way up (chin above the bar). Not superslow, but in a controlled motion.

I've been doing them for quite some time and can do 20 with perfect form. It took me a long time to work up to that number and I'm pretty proud of it (but I only weigh a buck eighty, so it's a little easier for me, but then again, it's all relative).

Those that do them, chime in. Those that haven't, give it a try (don't be too discouraged, stay with it and you'll make good progress). I don't care what gym you're in, it won't take long to call the roll of those who can do 10 (that's your short term goal)!

mofome

Banned

PULL UPS, the great equalizer! The one exercise that mitigates body weight differences.

I don't care how long you've been working out, or what your routine is. If you don't practice pull ups (I don't mean those bullshit half way down kind), you probably can't do double digits.

Here's the protocol: Moderately wide grip, hands facing away, ALL the way down and ALL the way up (chin above the bar). Not superslow, but in a controlled motion.

I've been doing them for quite some time and can do 20 with perfect form. It took me a long time to work up to that number and I'm pretty proud of it (but I only weigh a buck eighty, so it's a little easier for me, but then again, it's all relative).

Those that do them, chime in. Those that haven't, give it a try (don't be too discouraged, stay with it and you'll make good progress). I don't care what gym you're in, it won't take long to call the roll of those who can do 10 (that's your short term goal)!

:cheers

Boston

EOG Dedicated

for some reason I strayed away from pullups and started using the lat machine but I just went back to them. The bad news is I could only get 12 10 8 8. I love pull ups. At my peak in pullups I could get 28 close grip with my hands touching each other which works the forearms more and 25 wide grips. At this time I could do up and overs where you pull up but instead of stopping at your chest you explode from the bottom position and go up to the point you are actually pushing down on the bar until it is at your waist. I'm not sure if I explained that very clearly but anyways weighted pullups are sick for your back

diogee

Go time...nice and simple workout. DL, pullups, squat, and bicep curls followed by some Liss.

Boston

EOG Dedicated

Go time...nice and simple workout. DL, pullups, squat, and bicep curls followed by some Liss.

I love dls but I hate bringing straps to the gym I'm always thinking to myself "am i that asshole coming in with wraps belt gloves" Also I hate wearing sweatpants to the gym for deads but really no way around it unless you don't mind bleeding all over the bar

diogee

I love dls but I hate bringing straps to the gym I'm always thinking to myself "am i that asshole coming in with wraps belt gloves" Also I hate wearing sweatpants to the gym for deads but really no way around it unless you don't mind bleeding all over the bar
I work out at home and not nearly lifting heavy enough for that. Just started DL and squats towards the beginning of the year (bad knees run in the family and being overweight most of my life didn't help) so I'm only doing a bit over 200. Only wear gloves...calluses from not wearing them are f*cking annoying.

Come to love deads though....doesn't feel nearly as bad on the knees as when I had tried them in highschool. Might have been terrible form on top of bad knees.

I am hitting the gym again tomorrow. Also have to get a state inspection done for my car. Wonder which of these I am looking forward to more. :)

diogee

Going to start a new split...only time for 3 days with going back to work.
today
DL, row, chins, incline curls, and preacher curls.

diogee

Hate working out when I feel like crap...helps me feel better working up a sweat though.

Finally getting some time today.

Bench, Inc bench, dips, tri pushdown, skull crushers. 4x8-10

diogee

A little sore today...dips kicked my ass.

40 minutes liss and ab circuit today.