gym time

mofome

Banned
Re: gym time

take the time off dio!

I just had a great workout after 3 days off. my buddy is a jacked 5-11 223 and im 5-10 182 and I out benched the fuck.

:finger004

take the time off dio!

I just had a great workout after 3 days off. my buddy is a jacked 5-11 223 and im 5-10 182 and I out benched the fuck.

:finger004

Nice going, man -- doesn't it feel great?

Quick story, and the only one I have like this. Guy (much bigger and more jacked up than me) at my former gym was doing leg presses, with 6 45s on each side. He sees me waiting and asks if I want him to unrack some plates. I tell him no and proceed to load 1 more plate on each side, and then crank out 3 sets of 10. Of course, he hung around to see if I could do the first set, and then as he's walking away, he goes, "Good weight, man". Gave me some good ego boost, for one of the only times in my lifting career :)

Nice going, man -- doesn't it feel great?

Quick story, and the only one I have like this. Guy (much bigger and more jacked up than me) at my former gym was doing leg presses, with 6 45s on each side. He sees me waiting and asks if I want him to unrack some plates. I tell him no and proceed to load 1 more plate on each side, and then crank out 3 sets of 10. Of course, he hung around to see if I could do the first set, and then as he's walking away, he goes, "Good weight, man". Gave me some good ego boost, for one of the only times in my lifting career :)
pussy.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Feels a bit better...was horrible on Wednesday trying to get off of the couch or chair and could barely manage it through the pain. Been on heating pad pretty much non stop and iced while working or driving.

Hitting it up tomorrow for leg day if it still feels good when I wake.

No heat for 48 hours on any injury! Sore muscles are caused by micro-tears in the muscle tissue (which is a good thing); hence they are "injuries."

diogee

No heat for 48 hours on any injury! Sore muscles are caused by micro-tears in the muscle tissue (which is a good thing); hence they are "injuries."
Good stuff...felt like a strained back muscle but had iced it for the first 3 days then switched to sleeping on a heating pad since that had helped out before.

diogee

Was never able to get it in over the weekend...time to get back in with a quick back workout and tris later on.

Going to hit the gym today after work. Want to get a couple of workouts in before my trip to California coming up on Sunday! :houra

diogee

Ugh the back didn't feel too good today...sharp pain at times when moving. Much like last week except on the other side and mid-back. Obviously not stretching/warming up enough to get the blood flowing nicely before starting. Never aches until the next day. 2348ji23e

Went Tuesday for a good workout, and I'm hitting it again later today.

I'm trying to do 20 workouts (weights and/or cardio) in 28 days. Today will make it 10/14, halfway there. :cheers

diogee

Keep at it FTL :+excited-

Going to hit legs and shoulders before heading back to work.

ECS

EOG Member

I am back with a quick recommendation, if you are in a rut and wanting to try something new I suggest trying the P90x workout. Not a ton of weight, in fact a decent amount is done with body weight until burnout, but its a great workout! Especially if you are wanting to lose some weight with your workouts, because if you do it right you will be sweating your balls off

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

Hey guys, sorry, didn't read this entire thread, way to much. Just getting started. Trying to lose 30 pounds. Right now I am doing about 30 mins on the elliptical and then some light weights. Eating much better, and lost 3 in the first week. Any ideas on what works, trying to lose the belly. Thanks for the help.

diogee

Hey guys, sorry, didn't read this entire thread, way to much. Just getting started. Trying to lose 30 pounds. Right now I am doing about 30 mins on the elliptical and then some light weights. Eating much better, and lost 3 in the first week. Any ideas on what works, trying to lose the belly. Thanks for the help.
Good luck LWP...cardio, cutting out most all sugar, and eating better is a great start. Just try creating a deficit of 500-1000 calories per day and the weight will come off.

diogee

Still been hitting the weights hard and eating like a horse with the busy work sched...leg time. :houra

diogee

I am back with a quick recommendation, if you are in a rut and wanting to try something new I suggest trying the P90x workout. Not a ton of weight, in fact a decent amount is done with body weight until burnout, but its a great workout! Especially if you are wanting to lose some weight with your workouts, because if you do it right you will be sweating your balls off
Heard it is one hell of a workout...had a bud recommend it to me and going to try it out in the middle of next winter. Said it is one hell of a workout.

14 workouts in last 21 now...Still a shot at my 20/28 goal.
Excellent. :houra

mofome

Banned

shoulders today.

took 10 days off, 3 days back and im about where i was before. its great.

diogee

Was able to get in Tri/Bi between dentist appointment and going to work. :cheers

diogee

Finally motivated enough to give it a shot today...work has me about burned out.

mofome

Banned

do the damn thing pat!

what all did you do with your chest workout? im getting after some chest tomorrow

diogee

Got behind for the week with work and missed the first few days...decided to just take the week off as a recovery week.

gottalift1974

EOG Enthusiast

Time to Squat tomorrow. I am easing back in.

Plan on doing the following.

5 sets of 12 working up in weight each time
Icarian Hack 3 *10
Leg Press 4 * 10

Straight Leg Deadlift 4 *12
Pull Throughs 4 *15

Standing Calf 4 *12-15

ABS

Call it a day

Will not be able to walk

All of these sets will be done with light weight. Just getting back into the groove.