Who has the best EOG team?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

last week cueto and pavano were my keeper pitchers.

now verlander and ubaldo.....braun, longoria, monrneau

but things change hourly with me.

mofome

Banned

3.33 K/BB ratio or 2.16

the better one is only 21. not close as far as talent. timely doesnt know about anderson i see.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

anderson was very good last yr for a while.
can he stay healthy?
he pitches in a good park, but his team cant hit.
solid guy. is he a 1 start starter?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I guess if money was a question, people may take Anderson, but if money wasn't an issue there really isn't one.

Peavy is 28 and he's a Cy Young winner. He's velocity is up once again, and even if you hate him he's an ace.

mofome

Banned

anderson was very good last yr for a while.
can he stay healthy?
he pitches in a good park, but his team cant hit.
solid guy. is he a 1 start starter?

anderson has never really had health issues and at 21 he had a BB/K ratio of 3.33 which is silly good. He got over 54% grounders on balls put in play, he had a whip under 1.29 despite statistics showing he was unlucky on balls put in play.

everything suggests hes every bit of an ace. just a matter of when, not many in the al at 22.

mofome

Banned

I guess if money was a question, people may take Anderson, but if money wasn't an issue there really isn't one.

Peavy is 28 and he's a Cy Young winner. He's velocity is up once again, and even if you hate him he's an ace.

you tell yourself that. if the os are getting one of the two, there isnt a fan or person affiliated with the team that would hesitate to go anderson. you can get more in a deal for anderson today than you can peavy.

in real baseball.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Tripper bud

you keep offering that package to everyone. dont think its gonna work pal.

you eventually got to open your team if you want an ace

mofome

Banned

A Rare Bright Spot for the A’s

by Dave Allen - August 5, 2009 <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --> - <script type="text/javascript">var addthis_config = { services_compact: 'email, facebook, twitter, ballhype, yardbarker, more', services_exclude: 'print'}</script>Share this Article<script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js?pub=dkappelman"></script><!-- AddThis Button END -->
The A’s came into the season looking to contend with some newly acquired position players and a group of young pitchers. The acquisitions didn’t hit and the young pitcher’s have been shaky, so the A’s traded off Matt Holliday and Orlando Cabrera to continue to stock their growing farm system and push contention off for another year. In a frustrating year there have been some bright spots, one is Brett Anderson. He has a FIP right at 4 and had the third best FIP in July.
Throughout his minor league career Anderson has been known for his very good command and great ground ball numbers. Interestingly it looks like he throws a four-seam fastball, which only gets 38% GBs. Most ground ball pitchers throw a ’sinking’ two-seam fastball, which gets most of their grounders. Anderson, though, doesn’t get many grounders from his fastball. Instead his main ground ball pitch is his slider.
According to the BIS classification Anderson is just one of four pitchers to have thrown over 30% sliders so far this year. The pitch is very interesting. It has the speed of a slider,

and the movement of a curve.

Unlike most sliders which show a pronounced platoon split, Anderson’s shows none, more like a curve. As a result he throws it almost equally to both LHBs and RHBs. The top sliders in the game get huge whiff rates, in the 40% range, by comparison Anderson’s is rather meager at just 25%. But Anderson can get his in the zone over 52% of the time and it induces ground balls over 68% of the time. Both of these rates are very high for sliders. All together it is worth almost 13 runs and is the third best slider in the game.
Anderson is a really interesting pitcher. Most ground ball/control guys do it by throwing two-seam fastballs around 70% of the time. Anderson does it with a slurvy-slider which moves like a curve, has little platoon split, he can locate in the zone and hitters pound into the ground.

tripp

EOG Master

Tripper bud

you keep offering that package to everyone. dont think its gonna work pal.

you eventually got to open your team if you want an ace

well that was the package that almost get me verlander and verly >> haren.12io4j2w90

plus i threw in morgan for rios and morgan is a safer bet to be good this year

Tuckman

Uh Poster

he got the best offer for that aj/jair package probably from me...the offer is still there if he wants to change his mind and accept now

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

TH is hell bent on destroying his team....he just doesn't get this league's scoring system...

Cmon tripp...you trying to steal Felix? AJ and Jarr is laughable...

tripp

EOG Master

TH is hell bent on destroying his team....he just doesn't get this league's scoring system...

Cmon tripp...you trying to steal Felix? AJ and Jarr is laughable...

withdrew it before you even got a chance to decline. realized no way in hell you are moving felix

biggamer3

EOG Master

TTT one of only real offers i ever got from ya, but i dont like Jered for this year, what other pitcher can u throw in?

tripp

EOG Master

he got the best offer for that aj/jair package probably from me...the offer is still there if he wants to change his mind and accept now
youk/harden is fair but it kills my pitching. might end up offering it back to you depending what else i can get done with one of those two or both, but gonna test the market first

biggamer3

EOG Master

What a fuckin stud Steph Curry is!

30 points, 11 assists, 5 rebs, 7 turnovers, 4 3's!

Dude does it all

My knicks missed greatness by one fuckin draft slot!

biggamer3

EOG Master

My bat is so much bigger than your and probably the one im getting goes into sophmore slump

You know what your getting with that pitcher. Every year 420 to 475

12io4j2w90
I am a Kendry believer, dude is a sick bat and has been red hot in the spring so far

Sure Prince is a top 5 bat but i think Kendry will be closer to him then Jered to Wain

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Gamer, he plays for Golden State. Let's wait to see his numbers on a team that doesn't have 30 extra possessions a game.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

seriously? is that a serious offer?

my offer = me winning by a decent margin

your offer = me just giving you lee for free basically

biggamer3

EOG Master

Gamer, he plays for Golden State. Let's wait to see his numbers on a team that doesn't have 30 extra possessions a game.

Dude would be sick on any team. Shoots lights out, 45% FG and higher, best 3 shot in game, avg 6 assists as a rookie, steals like a mofo

whats not to like