Who has the best EOG team?

mofome

Banned
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

I know, I'm saying that when people don't know the draft order they won't let go of their best keeper and keep the next 5 guys. If you have the 1st pick in the draft, you can let go of your best keeper and keep 5 others. It's a little unfair but I guess if the team finished in last it makes sense.

that doesnt make sense though. why would anyone keep their next best 5 instead of their first best? they're going to end up with the exact same 6 to start their team with either way. it would be dumb really, its just saying your 6th guy is better than anyone elses.

you're not thinking here timely.

:pop:

tripp

EOG Master

yeah cant believe how soon the season is.

i dont know who has paid and who hasnt, so just let me know. my address is on the site i believe, but some have paid already. the league is paid for, the rules are set, if there are any questions lets get them out of the way, if a question isnt answered, send me a pm. lets go.

91023i2ndw;l

ill be sending the money sometime during the first week of the season. just waiting till cbb season is over before i make a nice withdraw. i also owe 350 for league as im paying for 100 of cees (from foots side)

:cheers

mofome

Banned

yeah if anyone needs anything as far as payments, just PM me.

nothing is a big deal obviously.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

upton done for the season, cbs is trying to ease the news to MO

Justin Upton, RF ARI
News: The Arizona Diamondbacks lost outfielder Justin Upton to a sprained left ankle during a 10-3 loss to the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday. Upton ran the bases in the second inning, beating out a ground ball for an infield hit. He said he jammed the ankle lunging for first base, then felt it when stealing second. He then advanced to third on an error and scored on Jeff Bailey's single. Upton didn't come out to play right field in the bottom of the inning, saying he was removed as a precaution. He hopes to play by 2012."

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

that doesnt make sense though. why would anyone keep their next best 5 instead of their first best? they're going to end up with the exact same 6 to start their team with either way. it would be dumb really, its just saying your 6th guy is better than anyone elses.

you're not thinking here timely.

:pop:

Huh? If you get the first pick you can keep 6 guys, so you don't have to keep your best player. If you know you have the first pick, you can release your best keeper into the player pool and just draft him.

If you don't know the draft order, you are forced to keep your 5 best guys because you can't let one go, because you aren't being assured that you can draft him.

I'm almost confusing myself though, so this probably doesn't make sense. Been a long day.

mofome

Banned

Huh? If you get the first pick you can keep 6 guys, so you don't have to keep your best player. If you know you have the first pick, you can release your best keeper into the player pool and just draft him.

If you don't know the draft order, you are forced to keep your 5 best guys because you can't let one go, because you aren't being assured that you can draft him.

I'm almost confusing myself though, so this probably doesn't make sense. Been a long day.

haha yes, but what good does releasing your best player do no matter what? so you can keep your 2nd through 6th best players? whats the advantage? if you keep your best 5 and get to pick first, take your 6th best guy if you really think hes that good. i would prefer to see who else gets dropped and have my 6th guy as an option, but also everyone elses 6th best guy.

there isnt any advantage to picking first as far as how you deal with your own guys. it is great to look over and see who else may get dropped from other teams and it is like having a 6th keeper. but, instead of your 6th guy having to come from your team, you can take anyones best player dropped. that player will probably come from yoyoma, who will be picking 12th and 13th.

the teams that dont make the playoffs are rewarded big time. as they are in a real draft.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Tripp I like that deal and it's very intriguing, I just don't want to grab 6 pitchers because basically it just turns into me turning around and trading the pieces you gave me, and after talking to a couple of guys they don't seem to value those two guys, more than Verlander.

The deal was AJ and Jair for Verlander, and while it would add to my pitching depth tremendously, I'm not sure I could get the similar bats back in a deal sending 2 of my pitchers somewhere.

mofome

Banned

upton done for the season, cbs is trying to ease the news to MO

Justin Upton, RF ARI
News: The Arizona Diamondbacks lost outfielder Justin Upton to a sprained left ankle during a 10-3 loss to the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday. Upton ran the bases in the second inning, beating out a ground ball for an infield hit. He said he jammed the ankle lunging for first base, then felt it when stealing second. He then advanced to third on an error and scored on Jeff Bailey's single. Upton didn't come out to play right field in the bottom of the inning, saying he was removed as a precaution. He hopes to play by 2012."

haha yeah i posted this already. just is all good he says. he will rest a couple days and come out and be a 50-40 guy.

:houra

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Mo, I am probably not making any sense. Don't worry about explaining anything to me right now ::LMAO::, because you're probably 100% right and I'm probably speaking non-sense. I started confusing myself with the last post.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

interesting offer again, ttp.

lemme think about it.

leaning to not...because i like my pitcher a lot.

pretty fair tho.

biggamer3

EOG Master

Just got in from Nets game on Jewish Night!

were like 50 people at game all wearing Casspi jerseys and the fucker was horrible

tripp

EOG Master

offered cee

Aj/Jair/Davis

for

Bills/Bay

think that's a fair offer...lets see if i can get cee to finally deal :houra

tripp

EOG Master

both aj/jair outscored bills by a decent bit last year, and cee is already loaded at of so he can deal with losing bay no problem

it'll be interesting if cee turns this one down :pop:

tripp

EOG Master

damn don't like seeing verlander on team mc for week 1

might hurt the team overall as crawford is a stud, but now i got to deal with a verly 2 step

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I really like Cueto, and probably more than most here, and I needed the bat. It ended up working out better than a pitcher for 2 bats because I got an arm back that I like a lot, for him, and I improved my offense greatly.

Now I have

Becks
Chone
Miggy
Manny
Crawford

Need a pitcher to step up this year, but I like my chances.

tripp

EOG Master

didnt you say you could have gotten morneau and braun though?? braun >> crawford and obviously morneau is better than cueto

Tuckman

Uh Poster

I really like Cueto, and probably more than most here, and I needed the bat. It ended up working out better than a pitcher for 2 bats because I got an arm back that I like a lot, for him, and I improved my offense greatly.

Now I have

Becks
Chone
Miggy
Manny
Crawford

Need a pitcher to step up this year, but I like my chances.

becks, chone, manny :LMAO

why u even listed them are funny, but the other 2 are studs

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

didnt you say you could have gotten morneau and braun though?? braun >> crawford and obviously morneau is better than cueto

I had to give up Manny in that deal.

The deal was Braun, Morneau and Bourn for Ibanez, Manny and Verlander. I just didn't see as much value there.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Unless I missed something you got Verlander from MC for Crawford and Zambrano

So you downgraded pitchers.

Enjoy!

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

becks, chone, manny :LMAO

why u even listed them are funny, but the other 2 are studs

Manny was the 2nd best OF'er in the game in 2008, in fantasy, and now he's a bum because he misses 50 games last year? He's playing for a contract.

Figgins was an animal last year, but people don't like him. For his position, he's a beast.

Becks will be a top 3 second baseman. Becks will be better than you guys think. 50 doubles, 20 HR's, 15 steals, 300 average and 80 RBI's+, 90 runs+.