OT: WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH OF A FRIEND SOMEONE IS TO YOU?

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
Re: OT: WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH OF A FRIEND SOMEONE IS TO YOU?

1. Go to a bar.
2. Get drunk with friend.
3. Have a hot sister.
4. Go take a piss.
5. Have hot sister walk by friend, stop and say hi and give him a hug then leave.
6. Have a guy your "friend" doesn't know walk up to him like he's drunk and ask him if he'd bang that girl that was just hugging up on him because she's hot.
7. Find out what his answer was.

If it was "no, I couldn't, that's my best friend's sister", then you know he's as good of a friend as you're going to get. This only works if you really do have a hot sister though.

Re: OT: WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH OF A FRIEND SOMEONE IS TO YOU?

You guys know the old golden rule: If you lend a friend $20 and he doesn't pay you back, consider it money well spent.

mofome

Banned

wildbill is my friend. he spent 3 hours looking for my wallet with me.

91023i2ndw;l

railbird

EOG Master

IF he/she pick you up at airport

My new saying about loaning money:

You can be a asshole and not loan them money or you can be a asshole tring to get your money back.

So im the asshole who don't loan no more. leason learned big time.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

I thought I was the only one to have been burnt to a crisp by loaning money to people. A fucking lowlife ex-girlfriend abused my kindness and roasted me for over 25K. She justified doing this to me because she wanted me to marry her and I wasn't ready for it. So in her warped mind, doing anything to me was OK. Unfortunately for me, I didn't understand her thinking process on these matters until it was far too late. No honor, no shame in that bitch.

mofome

Banned

And I'd pick you up at the airport too

I know you would bill. You're all class and a great guy. Meeting you was a highlight of the trip for me.

:cheers

Real friends are those who, when you feel you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel you've done a permanent job.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

If a friend ever asks you for money, or is someone who's constantly asking for favors, they're not really a friend. A true friend won't jeopardize the friendship by asking for money. I've been around a lot of people over my years and it seemed like the ones who asked me for money were the ones who seemed to eventually fade out of my life. I guess to each his own, but the first 'tell' of a person who's just using you is how many favors they ask for.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I remember i had a friend many years ago who asked me for money. I made a rule in my head that i would never ever ask anyone to lend me money and i wouldnt ever lend anyone money. so anyway, this 'friend' asked me for money one night....it was just money to gamble at the racetrack. I said no and he's like "but i can pay you back in a few days yada yada yada" and i was like "but you don't understand, nothing against you, but i just dont lend money to anyone no matter what. If i lend you money, i have to lend everyone who asks just to be fair, so i decided to not enter the money lending business".

Anyway, the guy just didnt seem to understand what i was trying to say. He didnt respect my decision and say something like "i respect that about you" no, he kind of thought i was a dickhead for not lending his selfish ass some money.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

doing business with family or friends is one sure way to lose that person in your life. shit happens and even if it's beyond the norm if your expectations aren't met ( like asking for loan, or return of loan) the relationship is down the tubes.
for me, a friend will anticipate your needs and offer himself/herself, his/her assets whatever, without you asking. he/she will never judge you, but be there to listen and help if asked. find one, and how lucky you are!!!!!!!!

Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

From Shakespeare's Hamlet, 1602

A Friend is someone who will always be there for you, especially in times of trouble, whether it be by simply being there or lending a helping hand...

$tinky

EOG Senior Member

If you can ask them to do something that really sux ass from their end, like helping you move, driving somewhere fucked up to pick up to pick up your pet llama.

Something they get nothing in return for, no upside whatsoever. If they do it and don't bat an eye. Thats a friend.

Its really unfair to use money here. People are dumbasses about money and that does not really mean they are not your friend.

What i mean is I have friends that I've loaned money too and they did not do right. That does not mean they are not a friend it just means they are not smart. Neither am I for that matter for putting them in that spot.

Once you pour money in the mix, the word friend is drowned out.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Ask your friend to help you move. If he doesnt "have plans" that day, he's a good friend. Most people will make up any excuse to get out of helping people move.

High Times

EOG Master

A true friend?

One that can keep a secret forever!

:+waving-5

WVU

EOG Master

A Friend is someone who will always be there for you, especially in times of trouble, whether it be by simply being there or lending a helping hand...
:bye
This was posted one year ago today. I wish I saw the signs.

Timetopay

EOG Master

There was always the story that you gave him the pick of WVU in the final 4 game as you said guys were paid off.

Can you confirm or deny?

WVU

EOG Master

There was always the story that you gave him the pick of WVU in the final 4 game as you said guys were paid off.

Can you confirm or deny?

deny. We never even discussed the game. I had Duke, anyway.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

So shrink was asking Hoffa for a loan? I remember reading this and that was the 1st impression I got when he replied about collateral

acw

EOG Enthusiast

Interesting thread indeed and a good lesson for everyone.
So how big was Shrink's debt in the end?

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated

IF I EVER HIT THE LOTTERY-----would keep it a secret----hit every friend and relative for a gambling stake---ones that said yes would share.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

my best friend just told me no when i asked him for help

the only people you can rely on this world is yourself.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Wow.

See you today at The Pirate Club, Willy.

Arrrrgh.

That's extremly close to my answer...

Ask this dear FRIEND for a substantial loan and see what he or she says...

And I am very serious about this....

THE SHRINK

Hey SHRINK...can ya loan me a dollar?

acw

EOG Enthusiast

Probably around 1.4
My initial thought was: Is that all?
At least it shows to you that Billy Walters was no friend of The Shrink.
Maybe even entropy (Alan Woods) could have lent him the money, but he died a year earlier.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Billy Walters is no ones friend.

Timetopay

EOG Master

anyone ever hear why he picked that game specifically?

BackDoorBrown

EOG Member

Kinda tough to make a mid6 fig bet on anything but chamionship games.

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated

anyone ever hear why he picked that game specifically?

I would guess that the end of the week was coming(Sunday), and he was down big and just had to chase a game. Any game.