OT: WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH OF A FRIEND SOMEONE IS TO YOU?

Seriously, what do you think is the best way to find out how close a FRIEND you think you may have is?

I will answer this question too after I read some replies..

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Re: OT: WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH OF A FRIEND SOMEONE IS TO YOU?

Tell him something and tell him not to tell anyone....

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Re: OT: WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH OF A FRIEND SOMEONE IS TO YOU?

Loyalty. Someone who is always there for you no matter what. As for the best way to find out, you just develop the instinct as you go through life experiences. I do not believe in testing people.

mofome

Banned

Trust your gut. Over time you can usually tell who is a friend and who simple wants to gain something from you.

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

ask them to fly across the country because you want to talk to them and seek advice on something....if they do it, i'd say they are a pretty good friend

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Ask him for clean piss if you have a drug test coming up.

tjmac5071

EOG Senior Member

Will pick you up if you are drunk is a good way to tell.

My friend once called me at 2am asking me to walk him through how to change a tire. We were both into cars and have done this many times together when changing struts etc. I realized he had to be drunk, got my girlfriend and drove 45 minutes to pick him up, I changed his tire, drove his car home and my girlfriend drove mine.

Few years later I shattered his tooth by accident at a bar and we both agree we are now even.

Timetopay

EOG Master

let your girl hit on them for a bit one night and see if they try to bang her or shut her down and let you know...

Not one reply is remotely close to mine...:+clueless

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

Ask them to deposit at a book up top.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

ask them to ask your bookie to absolve your debt. :LMAO

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

ask if they will bankroll your ventures at BET PHOENIX DOT COM

Ray Luca

EOG Master

honesty- someone who will speak the truth about your faults

let your girl hit on them for a bit one night and see if they try to bang her or shut her down and let you know...

I had a feeling you were already in here to tell them what i would do.:finger004

Loan him $100,000 and get fucked like I did....He is a a fucken prick I know now.

Loan him $100,000 and get fucked like I did....He is a a fucken prick I know now.

That's extremly close to my answer...

Ask this dear FRIEND for a substantial loan and see what he or she says...

And I am very serious about this....

THE SHRINK

SeaDawg

EOG Veteran

I would say go into business with someone....then watch then friend card flip when they fuck ya followed closely by the phrase "I hope this won't affect our friendship, it's only business." :finger004

mofome

Banned

I loan strangers money when i have it all the time. they arent my friends, but i care about most people anyway.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

THE SHRINK

I've lent so much money to "close" friends over the years, here's what I have now....write offs and less friends. I do not do it any more period, it always ends the same.

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

Kenny, who owes you that much scratch? Is it Hippy?

SeaDawg

EOG Veteran

Had a friend for probably 18 years, we went into a few commercial real estate contracts together, the bitch couldn't do a thing except badgering emails and leaving my name off of contracts. 67k later though, who's the idiot? 2938u4ji23

i disagree ken. many people just dont believe in lending to friends because it will ruin their friendship...takes nothing away from how great the friendship is.

SeaDawg

EOG Veteran

On the other hand though, I have a friend who just offered me free stay at his condo in Suenos for as long as I need it........that's a fuckin good friend in my book! :cheers

Kenny, who owes you that much scratch? Is it Hippy?

It's been quite awhile, but I too got burnt to the tune of 100k by lending someone money...

Oh well, live and learn....

But this isn't about what you or I would do, it's whether or not your Friend would if you were in dire need and they could afford it..

JD_

EOG Veteran

Trust your gut. Over time you can usually tell who is a friend and who simple wants to gain something from you.

Bingo!

I have lots of friends, but I have two "true, 100%" friends. I've been in tight spots before and my two friends will help me before I even ask. They can tell with me when something is wrong and I don't ask for help, they just are there with whatever. Whether it is money, just to talk, or out for a dinner to clear my mind of things.

On the same token, my family and I took one of the guys into our home and gave him a place to stay and every meal for some time when he really needed a hand. Now he is back on his feet and successful and is there for me, no questions. He would pissed if I didn't ask for help when I needed it.

One winter, he lost his place and had to be out quick. We moved furniture in 10 degree weather for about 15 hours. One of the worst days ever. We were in terrible pain and the news kept saying do not be out in this weather for more than 10 minutes at a time. Paying movers was not an option and it was brutal.

My wife got really sick and was in the hospital for awhile and he took care of everything for me. He has loaned me money with no intention of collecting it back. I could not force him to take it back if I tried.

It is just an understanding that we have. If one of us needs help, help is there, no questions. We will figure out a way to make sure neither of us go without something we need. Those are just a few examples, it has been that way for years.

I guess I am saying that we are more like brothers than friends. If you have to try to figure out a plan to see if someone is a friend, then you should know immediately they are not a true friend. I know people get screwed over all the time though, but I always trust my instinct at first, and then you can tell over the years.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

THE SHRINK

Your answer does not shock me.

Bail. a friend will overcome any obstacle to getting you out of hoosgow.

mofome

Banned

i have been a better friend to people on eog that i dont know than their 'real life' friends.
i have had people on eog offer me a more substantial friendship than people i know in real life.