Kershaw Isn't The Guy Anymore...

Heim

EOG Master
Geez....what a slap in the face to start Ryu. Buehler I can see if ready but Ryu?!

Dodgers know he's not elite anymore. It will be interesting to see if the Kershaw post-season fade continues GM 2.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
.........and Kershaw knows it which is why he will NOT "opt out" of the last 2 years of his deal. If he does he is GONE - and he knows it. He stays, gets his $35M-ish/year for 2 more years. If he think he is getting a 5-year deal after that - good luck. Some stupid team might offer it but not the Doyers. After 2020 I can see LA giving him a 2-3 year deal for maybe $35M but nothing more then it is up to him to decide what to do.

Buehler is clearly #1 although Kershaw will start Opening Day 2019

cheapseats

EOG Master
Smartest thing Roberts could have done, sure there were some long talks about the change in the guard.

Last edited by a moderator:

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
You are a year too late with this.

Starting Yu Darvish over Kershaw in GAME 7 of World Series was the slap in the face.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
First-ballot Hall of Famer not what he once was but he's still pretty damn good.

Pinnacle opened Kershaw -202 in Game 2 versus Atlanta's Sanchez.

Current price : Kershaw -222.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Kershaw's career WHIP is 1.01.

Kershaw's WHIP this season was 1.04.

Kershaw's career postseason WHIP is 1.10.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Kershaws post season woes have always been untimely home runs. One Bad inning .

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Great to see Dodgers toss BB shutouts but sense it is more of Braves inexperience. Now they need to beat: Buehler, Ryu and Kershaw to advance

My Doyers -1.5 games play will make the window

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Kershaw wasn’t smiling after game . He’s focused and determined to show he’s the #1

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The questions should not be about Clayton Kershaw but rather another ace pitcher who shares Kershaw's initials: Corey Kluber.

He has been awful in his last four postseason starts.

Kershaw's WHIP over his last six postseason starts is 0.78.

Heim

EOG Master
I'll be interested to see who Roberts starts GM 1. Kershaw was scheduled GM 5 v. ATL if needed.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
You think Dodger Blue makes a serious effort to keep Manny.

I don't see how they can. IF they keep him they have Seager and Manny on the left side. I guess they could move Turner to 2nd since he has played there before and he does only have 1 year left on his deal he could be moved but I doubt he would be moved. Dodgers GM and management are not fans of big money/long-term deals and it will almost certainly take at least 5/$150+ to keep him and that is on the very conservative side of things and most likely we are looking at something like 7/$250M and I just don't see the Dodgers doing that

Heim

EOG Master
It's really all up to Jensen re Dodgers future.....Maeda looks like the set-up guy. Stripling on the NLCS roster, can be good mid relief assuming they've corrected the issue with him tipping pitches. I think the big price in MILW series is warranted. If you look at the runs metrics they should have won 10-13 more games with their underlying stats. Huge. Can they live up to expectations again? Who knows.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Mil reminds me of Cleveland a couple of years ago. The biggest concern Mil has is the SP not going deep and they burn out the BP. If they beat LA, I’ll be on the AL, factoring in a fatigued BP as the series goes along.

kane

EOG master
It's really all up to Jensen re Dodgers future.....Maeda looks like the set-up guy. Stripling on the NLCS roster, can be good mid relief assuming they've corrected the issue with him tipping pitches. I think the big price in MILW series is warranted. If you look at the runs metrics they should have won 10-13 more games with their underlying stats. Huge. Can they live up to expectations again? Who knows.

Speaking of tipping pitches, it's now coming out that Severino was tipping his pitches against the Red Sox

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Mil reminds me of Cleveland a couple of years ago. The biggest concern Mil has is the SP not going deep and they burn out the BP. If they beat LA, I’ll be on the AL, factoring in a fatigued BP as the series goes along.

Too bad the AL is so highly-regarded in the betting marketplace.

railbird

EOG Master
they are not built to win in October, only the Astros are

Heim

EOG Master
they are not built to win in October, only the Astros are

It came down to a one game last year....Astros won, LAD lost. Your conclusion is HOU is built for playoffs LA not based on one game?! Logic is not your strong suit.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Darvish was the sole reason the Dodgers didn't win last season.

NO HE WAS NOT!

If Kenley holds the lead in T9 of G2 OR Dodgers (and Kershaw) don't blow massive G5 leads...........series ends in 6 and Darvish never gets the chance to implode. And look at Doyers hitting (more fitting: Failures) with RISP in G7. That hurt, too

Darvish did not help but he was not the SOLE reason Doyers did not win the WS

Gabe

Horse racing expert
NO HE WAS NOT!

If Kenley holds the lead in T9 of G2 OR Dodgers (and Kershaw) don't blow massive G5 leads...........series ends in 6 and Darvish never gets the chance to implode. And look at Doyers hitting (more fitting: Failures) with RISP in G7. That hurt, too

Darvish did not help but he was not the SOLE reason Doyers did not win the WS

If Darvish pitches halfway decent they win. He was a gas can.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
that Kenley HR in game 1 was brutal. you're very right about that.

Game 2

Dodgers led 3-1 in T8 and he inherited runners on and let a run score then gave up a tying HR in T9 to tie. Dodgers win that game they win the series in 6 and no one cares about Darvish in 7 because that game never happens

Just like it is CHICKENSHIT to blame Bartman for G6 of 2003 NLCS. How about blaming Dusty for not having anyone warming up in the Pen when Prior was on 120+ pitches.

AND FOR THE LIFE OF ME.........I have NO IDEA how Alex Gonzalez escaped blame. A PERFECT 6-4-3 DP was hit to him with the score 3-1. He booted it. IF he turns the DP Cubs leave the inning up 3-1 and win and NO ONE KNOWS OR CARES ABOUT BARTMAN!

Bartman only did what others would have done and did. If that ball is hit 5 feet shorter or further Bartman never gets the ball - someone else does and is scorned. Bartman getting blamed is disgusting and pathetic

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Rail trips me out. Colin talks about Thunder and lightning and rail responds with anti-lesbian dodger talk.

Not sure what the relation is there.