LBJ has a message for the NBA

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
lakers still win cause they fill up the arena . If lakers cannot get a big name or two Lebron should retire leave on a high note the end of next year.
They are at the point where they have to clean house to appease a fading star, that never ends well. It would be a waste of the last 4-5 years of drafts. LBJ is in the Carmelo and Kobe stage now. Averaging a near triple double this year shows the diminished value of it when they may not win half of their games.

MrTop

EOG Master
agree. I don't know how much he has left, but if they cannot get anyone thru FA he might as well retire next year. 35 years old in December.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
agree. I don't know how much he has left, but if they cannot get anyone thru FA he might as well retire next year. 35 years old in December.

They will try to break the team up to get AD, but why would NO want them? Better yet, Why would AD want to play with someone on the downside when they need 2-3 more pieces min.

kane

EOG master
They are at the point where they have to clean house to appease a fading star, that never ends well. It would be a waste of the last 4-5 years of drafts. LBJ is in the Carmelo and Kobe stage now. Averaging a near triple double this year shows the diminished value of it when they may not win half of their games.

A fading star? His numbers this season are better across the board than his career averages, including averaging a career high in rebounds, you haters are funny

kane

EOG master
Congratulations to LeBron James for surpassing Jordan to become the league's 4th all time leading scorer #GOAT

kane

EOG master
No I in team unless the team is LBJ and his agent. They ruined the Lakers.

Ruined the Lakers? You mean the same Lakers that have sucked the past 5 years, the Lakers have been garbage for a while now, and not even LeBron's greatness could save that talentless team this year

A fading star? His numbers this season are better across the board than his career averages, including averaging a career high in rebounds, you haters are funny
He's awful on defense and is a disruptive force on and off the court. Only you think he's having one of his better years.

kane

EOG master
Tough night for Raiders as the GOAT passes Jordan on the all time scoring list, I expect a lot of lashing out from him today

kane

EOG master

He's nowhere near the Kobe/Melo stage, I guess I'll have to keep repeating myself, his numbers this year are better across the board than his career averages, including a career high in rebounds

kane - Brick's defensive rebounds are at an all time high because he plays no defense and stands under the net. His offensive rebounds are down.

kane

EOG master
What makes you think I'm betting the Lakers, show me anywhere in this forum where I've said I'm on the Lakers tonight, I can't remember the last time I bet them, I have gone against them to close out some ML parlays that I had open, and obviously I've been doing well with that

What makes you think I'm betting the Lakers, show me anywhere in this forum where I've said I'm on the Lakers tonight, I can't remember the last time I bet them, I have gone against them to close out some ML parlays that I had open, and obviously I've been doing well with that
You asked me to post a ticket. Your turn or are you full of it?

kane

EOG master
kane - Brick's defensive rebounds are at an all time high because he plays no defense and stands under the net. His offensive rebounds are down.

He's averaging a career high in rebounds in his 16th season, spin it all you want #GOAT

kane

EOG master
like I said, a tough day for Raiders as LeBron passes Jordan on the all time scoring list, I expect a lot of lashing out from him today #GOAT

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Ruined the Lakers? You mean the same Lakers that have sucked the past 5 years, the Lakers have been garbage for a while now, and not even LeBron's greatness could save that talentless team this year
Weren’t they second on the futures to win it all this year? If he’s the great facilitator, who has he made better in the last month? Throw your teammates under the bus, you get what happened last night.

Raiders is right about his rebounding also, it’s at the expense of the lack of D he’s playing now.

kane

EOG master

He's never been a great offensive rebounder because it's never been a big part of his game. In his career he averages 1.2 offensive rebounds per game, this year he's averaging 1.0 offensive rebounds per game, like I said, offensive rebounding has never been a part of his game, with all he has to do on the court, he can't excel at every aspect of the game. As usual you're wrong again.

He's never been a great offensive rebounder because it's never been a big part of his game. In his career he averages 1.2 offensive rebounds per game, this year he's averaging 1.0 offensive rebounds per game, like I said, offensive rebounding has never been a part of his game, with all he has to do on the court, he can't excel at every aspect of the game. As usual you're wrong again.

You think Brick is having one of his best years. Everyone else is seeing a drastic decline in his play.

kane

EOG master
27 Pts, 8.6 Rebs, 8 Assts, shooting .512 from the field and .349 from three, yeah a real drastic decline. As usual, you're wrong again.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
records are made to be broken.

Lebron passes MJ but played more minutes *

roger maris,* - played in more games than ruth ( 161 - 151 ) 61-60 single season hr
hank aaron , barry bonds etc. * had more at bats than ruth. all-time Hr's

A pass first player just passed your man in scoring while taking ~1,300 less shots.

Team GOAT doesn't make excuses, we make history.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
You said you've been fading the Lakers since day 1, you posted one ticket, BFD, let's see all the others

FYI: I'm not saying he is doing this but it is very easy to fake tickets; Tipsters do it all the time. I wouldn't bet.

Do you know where I can find stats on "Contested Rebounds?" He was so good in the playoffs last year battling for boards, I'm trying to find some #'s.

kane

EOG master
A pass first player just passed your man in scoring while taking ~1,300 less shots.

Team GOAT doesn't make excuses, we make history.

More points in less shots, interesting, I wonder how the hate troll will spin this

kane

EOG master
FYI: I'm not saying he is doing this but it is very easy to fake tickets; Tipsters do it all the time. I wouldn't bet.

Do you know where I can find stats on "Contested Rebounds?" He was so good in the playoffs last year battling for boards, I'm trying to find some #'s.

No, I wouldn't know where to look as far as contested rebounds, I'm sure there's some analytical site that would have it though

This is a great example of how selective use of statistical data especially "averages" can be used to try and sell a false premise.

Picture a conceptual graph using average hand-picked stats like pts, rebs, assists, etc. of LeBron's first 4-5 years which weren't nearly as "good" (averaged 20.9 pts his first year) as his next 6 to 8 years with this year being "around average". So even if this year is "average" in the hand-picked stats, LeBron can be shown to be performing well under his peak years.

Moreover, moving to advanced stats, his W/48 win share per 48 minutes this year is 0.187 well below all but his rookie year of 0.078 (high was 2012-13 at 0.322). His VORP (Value Over Replacement Player ) is 4.0, again lowest except for his rookie year of 3.1 (high was 2008-9 at 11.6). His PER (Player efficiency Rating) this year is 25.7, the 3rd worst year to year 1 and year 4 (high was 2008-9 at 31.7).

So to my eye, he obviously is still performing at a high level, but well below his peak and pretty close to a bell curve shape decline so far.
Bump for kane who is using hand picked stats.

MrTop

EOG Master
More points in less shots, interesting, I wonder how the hate troll will spin this

this is the no spin zone . Rules changes no more in your face hand checks. this is just like flag football. up tempo games . that is why there are more points

:)

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Bump for kane who is using hand picked stats.

That wasn't a shot at Kane. CB said LBJ is clearly playing at a high level, which is all that Kane was saying, If I thought that was a shot at a Team GOAT member, I would have ate him up.

kane

EOG master
this is the no spin zone . Rules changes no more in your face hand checks. this is just like flag football. up tempo games . that is why there are more points

If that were the case, Raiders wouldn't be allowed to post

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Ok Mr. Excuse/Spin, exactly how does that account for LBJ scoring more points on ~1,300 less shots?

MrTop

EOG Master
you are now in the no spin zone up tempo means more shots , he had open jumpers with shooting more 3's

do the math

you are now leaving the no spin zone

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
you are now in the no spin zone up tempo means more shots , he had open jumpers with shooting more 3's

do the math

you are now leaving the no spin zone

Yeah, but LeBron scored more points than Jordan while taking a lot fewer shots

Heim

EOG Master
It's official.....Lebron on restricted minutes going forward and will not play 2nd of B2B.

MrTop

EOG Master

but the NBA wanted more scoring so they took away hand checking which was one of the reasons for more scoring ….now you have more open jumpers from 3 plus easy dunks .

MrTop

EOG Master

james played 1 more season of minutes more than Jordan... remember Jordan played with the wizards 4 years after retiring . that is even more minutes more like 2+ seasons of minutes. ..you are selecting your stats to convince yourself that LeBron is better. that is why the advance metric favor Jordan not lebron

kane

EOG master
james played 1 more season of minutes more than Jordan... remember Jordan played with the wizards 4 years after retiring . that is even more minutes more like 2+ seasons of minutes. ..you are selecting your stats to convince yourself that LeBron is better. that is why the advance metric favor Jordan not lebron

LeBron has scored more points while taking a lot fewer shots, minutes played and hand checking have nothing to do with LeBron scoring more points while taking 1,300 less shots, and I don't need to select stats to convince myself Lebron is better, my eyes tell me he's the GOAT, keep up the spin though, it's amusing to me.

MrTop

EOG Master
I think lebron was a better passer & rebounder than Jordan. He was much bigger . Played a different position