LBJ has a message for the NBA

That wasn't a shot at Kane. CB said LBJ is clearly playing at a high level, which is all that Kane was saying, If I thought that was a shot at a Team GOAT member, I would have ate him up.
kane is saying that Brick is having one of his best years and keeps posting generic stats over and over again. Brick is still the best player on the Lakers, but he's no longer the best player in the league.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
27 Pts, 8.6 Rebs, 8 Assts, shooting .512 from the field and .349 from three, yeah a real drastic decline. As usual, you're wrong again.
He was 27/7/7 last night and they were never remotely competitive. I get that teams play bad sometimes, but they all but quit out there. Just in the last week he has thrown an in-bounds pass lazily off the back of the backboard, and he has let an in-bounds pass go out of bounds. He has mentally checked-out and quit on his team, they have quit on him also.

Brick should have been the GOAT but he doesn't have that Jordan/Kobe killer instinct. Brick hid in the 4th quarter finals against Dallas in the finals. One finals vs. SA the SA game plan wasw to let Brick shoot and Brick admitted it got in his head. Brick quit on Cleveland in the finals last year.

“It was like having a gathering every single morning of individuals for the purpose of getting them on the same page, getting them prepared,” Grover added. “You know a lot of guys now start thinking about the game when they get to the arena. With Breakfast Club, when we were working out at 5am, 6am or 7am that’s when our preparation started.”

Squats, leg extensions, weight endured step ups. No running. Banana pancakes, eggs over easy, grits, oatmeal, fresh fruit. No bullshitting.
“(The Breakfast Club) was more about Michael showing us how to preserve our bodies, (that) there’s more to just playing the game,” Randy Brown, who is often the forgotten member of TBC, said. “It taught me how to take care of my body, taught me how to eat right, I learned how to practice, I didn’t know how to practice until I got around these guys, it taught me the importance of being ready.”
“Now almost every team in the league, including us, provides food and catering but that wasn’t the case 20, 25 years ago,” Chip Schaefer, current Bulls head trainer as well as Bulls trainer at the time and the person credited with giving the ‘Breakfast Club’ its name. “The fact that Michael, Scottie and Ron got a full training session in before practice at Michael’s home was something they did that was real positive and (helped) developed camaraderie among teammates. Who’s to say how much it built into the on-court success. It starts with trust and relationships in doing things like that.”
“It started with just Michael inviting guys over to his house for breakfast early in the morning and turned into something more,” Brown says.
And as Harp put it, “When the greatest player that every played the game asks you to work at his house, you go.”

https://air.jordan.com/card/training-to-win-like-mike/

“(The) Breakfast Club was a mindset more than a workout,” Jordan himself once said in one of the few times he’s spoken publicly about it. “We wanted to be more prepared than anyone else.”

Strong emphasis on the word “we,” not “i.”

Jordan had simply developed a routine unlike anyone else in sports. One effective enough to set him further apart from all others. But it remains the foresight of him to include teammates that might be one of the single smartest moves he’d ever make in his career.

Because, more than anything, more than the building of physical confidence and the removal of mental anxiety, the Breakfast Club was central to creating an on-court, in-game bound

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
kane is saying that Brick is having one of his best years and keeps posting generic stats over and over again. Brick is still the best player on the Lakers, but he's no longer the best player in the league.

Daryl Morey, the GM for the Rockets, who knows much more about advanced stats than anybody here, says it;s not close to who the GOAT is and he believes the eye test backs it up ; which it does.

Heim

EOG Master
Daryl Morey, the GM for the Rockets, who knows much more about advanced stats than anybody here, says it;s not close to who the GOAT is and he believes the eye test backs it up ; which it does.

Yeah...he's a fruckin wiz......the Carmelo Anthony pick-up shows that.

Heim

EOG Master
He's smarter than you. Wasn't Denver suppose to suck this year, you fuckin wiz?

I bet maybe one NBA game to five college, however, I know enough to conclude Morey is overrated. What has Houston
ever won? His obsession with beating GSW has clouded his perception. Carmelo, letting Ariza go, huge max deal for a injury
prone declining production pg. Isn't that proof enough? The Lithuanian guy at Denver is a wiz. Has put together a good
complementary skill set team. So he was Morey's confidant for many years....not sure what that has to what the state
of affairs currently.

Voulgaris did a extensive metric analysis a few years back LBJ versus MJ.....the conclusion was LBJ > MJ. You happy now?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I bet maybe one NBA game to five college, however, I know enough to conclude Morey is overrated. What has Houston
ever won? His obsession with beating GSW has clouded his perception. Carmelo, letting Ariza go, huge max deal for a injury
prone declining production pg. Isn't that proof enough? The Lithuanian guy at Denver is a wiz. Has put together a good
complementary skill set team. So he was Morey's confidant for many years....not sure what that has to what the state
of affairs currently.

Voulgaris did a extensive metric analysis a few years back LBJ versus MJ.....the conclusion was LBJ > MJ. You happy now?

He put together a squad last year that had them beat but for the CP3 injury.... his process was great, the results, not so much; way it goes.

It doesn't matter anyway, I don't need 1 # to tell me who is better, I have eyes.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
of affairs currently.

"James simply appears to be holding back until the games really matter, as NBA gambler Haralabos Voulgaris opined:

In the end, maybe it's still too soon to say James has had the best career of all time. However, he's almost certainly had the best career to this point."

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
of affairs currently.

From Reddit:

"He has said several times that since he's been gambling, LeBron has been the best and its not close. Around 2012ish he used to say all the time that having LeBron was basically cheating because he was so much better than anyone else."

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
He put together a squad last year that had them beat but for the CP3 injury.... his process was great, the results, not so much; way it goes.

It doesn't matter anyway, I don't need 1 # to tell me who is better, I have eyes.
Doesn't CP3 have a long history of getting hurt? That has to be factored in.

kane

EOG master
Just like I predicted, Raiders lashing out since his hero was passed by the GOAT last night. Good to know Bob and Morey are of the opinion LeBron is the GOAT, I'll add them to the growing list of those who do.

railbird

EOG Master
The media squished the story of lebron throwing the ball at broadcasters last week. He has acted like a punk for a month now

kane

EOG master
It's okay Raiders, let it all out, your hero was passed on the all time scoring list by the GOAT so I understand the need to lash out, I called it earlier today, I could see it coming, every day more and more people realize LeBron is the GOAT, just deal with it.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Scottie Pippen, MJ's longtime partner in basketball crime, made a different case in the aftermath of the Chicago Bulls' five-game dismissal by the Miami Heat, that the Heat's superstar LeBron James is the "greatest all-around player" ever. Pippen said while Jordan is probably the best scorer ever, LeBron is probably the better all-around player.

Some surmised that Pippen, involved with the Bulls' organization, wanted to distract attention from the abuse Chicago took in the final four minutes of Thursday's Game 5. Others think he wanted to deflect criticism of Derrick Rose, who was completely shut down by James in the final two games of the series. Well, mission accomplished. No one can pass up a good MJ debate, not when someone in Pippen's unique position bucks the general sentiment and declines proper piety to His Airness.

MrTop

EOG Master
Scottie Pippen, MJ's longtime partner in basketball crime, made a different case in the aftermath of the Chicago Bulls' five-game dismissal by the Miami Heat, that the Heat's superstar LeBron James is the "greatest all-around player" ever. Pippen said while Jordan is probably the best scorer ever, LeBron is probably the better all-around player.

Some surmised that Pippen, involved with the Bulls' organization, wanted to distract attention from the abuse Chicago took in the final four minutes of Thursday's Game 5. Others think he wanted to deflect criticism of Derrick Rose, who was completely shut down by James in the final two games of the series. Well, mission accomplished. No one can pass up a good MJ debate, not when someone in Pippen's unique position bucks the general sentiment and declines proper piety to His Airness.

the real story was pippen wanted MJ to lend him some money. MJ said no. So pippen started to say that james was better in some area's . Then jordan wrote a check. Now pippen wants box seats plus . time share, subscription to readers digest, plus money etc. So Jordan's a little late on payments ...now james jumps higher, runs faster , better looking etc..
That is how the story is.

;) be like mike

Last edited:
All the intangibles go to Jordan. The real question is can we continue to blindly fade the Lakers now that Brick is cutting down his minutes?

Scottie Pippen: LeBron James doesn’t have ‘clutch gene’ Michael Jordan has

When I look at LeBron, he’s not what Michael was as a player. He’s not even what Kobe Bryant was as a player,” Pippen said Thursday morning on ESPN’s First Take. “So when you talk about trying to compare Michael’s instinct, his ability to take over games, his ability to want to have that last shot.”

“And demoralize you,” Stephen A. Smith interrupted, “and scare the living hell out of you.”

Pippen continued: “Yes, LeBron doesn’t have that gene.”
https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/michael-jordan-lebron-james-debate-scottie-pippen-opinion-2019/

kane

EOG master
Pippen took Jordan over Brick[/B].

Gamebred is misleading as usual.

Not initially he didn't. When he was asked who was better he gave his honest answer, after realizing his honest answer probably wouldn't go over too well with Bulls fans, he backtracked his comments, but make no mistake, his first answer that LeBron was better was his honest opinion, anything he said after that is just him backtracking so as not to get any backlash from Bulls fans. Pippen thinks LeBron is better, get over it and deal with it.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Not initially he didn't. When he was asked who was better he gave his honest answer, after realizing his honest answer probably wouldn't go over too well with Bulls fans, he backtracked his comments, but make no mistake, his first answer that LeBron was better was his honest opinion, anything he said after that is just him backtracking so as not to get any backlash from Bulls fans. Pippen thinks LeBron is better, get over it and deal with it.

While Pip has been all over the place on this issue, I'm with you here.

"You know, Scottie Pippen and I were just at Michael's 50th birthday party, hanging out for a week, and we were talking. I'm going to tell you what Scottie said," Mourning started. "I'm going to tell you what Scottie said."

What did Scottie say!?!?

"Scottie said that LeBron would've kicked MJ's ass," Mourning said.

"I said, 'Scottie, you're right,' but, because LeBron is my size," Mourning said. "He weighs 265, so when he's playing point guard, it's like a freight train coming. I couldn't imagine doing the things he's doing at my size."

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

These guys act like MJ was playing Tennis, yes, he's 6 for 6 and was the best player on the best team; they were favored in every Finals. LBJ has been favored in 2 Finals and he's won 3 rings. It takes a Village to win a Chip; this isn't Tennis.

kane

EOG master
Every finals Jordan played came against teams that were never great, on the other hand LeBron has had to play against an OKC team with KD, Westbrook, and Harden, he also had to go against the great Spurs teams with Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and more recent against the GS team that some consider to be the best of all time. The only exception would be the finals loss against Dallas, and even though he averaged a triple double in that series, he clearly didn't play his best, that wasn't a great Mavericks team, the Heat had the superior talent, that Dallas team was similar to the teams that Jordan played in the finals, just a pretty good team, had Jordan gone up against the Spurs dynasty and this monster in GS, he wouldn't be 6-0 in the finals

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
IMO it’s pretty silly to spend so much time debating something that is clearly a matter of opinion.

Both MJ and LBJ are widely considered the best players of their generations. And both have different games and played within different rules. So it’s next to impossible to really compare fairly.

Why can’t everyone just admit they are both great and move along? I guess that wouldn’t be all that fun.

Well, I tried.