My Top 5 Candy Bars

kane

EOG master
1) Peanut Butter Cups. A salute to you Mr Reece, or whoever figured out that chocolate and peanut butter is a delicious combo. I like to chill them in the fridge, sometimes I'll eat one quick, sometimes I'll just nibble at one, but there's really no wrong way to eat the GOAT of candy bars

2) Snickers. You can't go wrong with peanuts, nougat, and caramel covered in a chocolate coating, and like the ads say, they really are satisfying, eaten frozen or at room temperature, either way they're great

3) Twix. Love the combo of caramel and cookie covered in chocolate. Sometimes I'll eat the top layer of caramel first, then eat the crunchy cookie part. Unlike some of the others, Twix doesn't work so well when refrigerated since the caramel layer gets too hard, much better eaten at room temperature. Of course being a liberal I prefer the left Twix, but I hear the right Twix is just as good

4) Kit-Kat. Nothing fancy, just layers of wafer and chocolate, I usually break the sticks apart and eat them individually, but every now and then I get a little crazy and just take a bite like I was eating a cookie, I know that's how Giancarlo Stanton like to eat them

5) Pay Day. This was a tough choice since there are several others I could have put in the fifth spot, but I chose Pay Day because it might be the only one that doesn't have chocolate, just peanuts and caramel in all its salty glory

Some honorable mentions: Hershey's Chocolate Bar, Clark Bar, Heath Bar, 3 Musketeers, Chunky, Baby Ruth, Almond Joy, 100 Grand Bar

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
1) Peanut Butter Cups. A salute to you Mr Reece, or whoever figured out that chocolate and peanut butter is a delicious combo. I like to chill them in the fridge, sometimes I'll eat one quick, sometimes I'll just nibble at one, but there's really no wrong way to eat the GOAT of candy bars

2) Snickers. You can't go wrong with peanuts, nougat, and caramel covered in a chocolate coating, and like the ads say, they really are satisfying, eaten frozen or at room temperature, either way they're great

3) Twix. Love the combo of caramel and cookie covered in chocolate. Sometimes I'll eat the top layer of caramel first, then eat the crunchy cookie part. Unlike some of the others, Twix doesn't work so well when refrigerated since the caramel layer gets too hard, much better eaten at room temperature. Of course being a liberal I prefer the left Twix, but I hear the right Twix is just as good

4) Kit-Kat. Nothing fancy, just layers of wafer and chocolate, I usually break the sticks apart and eat them individually, but every now and then I get a little crazy and just take a bite like I was eating a cookie, I know that's how Giancarlo Stanton like to eat them

5) Pay Day. This was a tough choice since there are several others I could have put in the fifth spot, but I chose Pay Day because it might be the only one that doesn't have chocolate, just peanuts and caramel in all its salty glory

Some honorable mentions: Hershey's Chocolate Bar, Clark Bar, Heath Bar, 3 Musketeers, Chunky, Baby Ruth, Almond Joy, 100 Grand Bar

Very solid lineup. Can’t argue with any of these.
Pro tip, I freeze my snickers. Gold.

kane

EOG master
I agree with you, but like I said, Pay Day is the only non chocolate bar around so I made that my fifth choice, I realize how controversial it is though. Let me guess, your favorite is 3 Musketeers

kane

EOG master
1. 100,000 dollar bar
2. Kit Kat
3. Twix
4 Baby Ruth
5. Charleston Chew (although they're difficult to find)

Not a bad list, but unless you just don't like peanut butter how can Reece's not be in your top 5? I might have to deduct a point off your EOG power rating for this

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
1. 3 Musketeers

2. Dark Chocolate Milky Way (despite the smaller overall size)

3. KIT CAT

4. Heath

5. Twix

kane

EOG master
awful candy bar.

who wants to crunch down on hard carmel.

always gets stuck in your teeth.

they are only good to have as a snack minutes before a dentist appointment to get your money's worth out of a cleaning.

It's not caramel, it's toffee, and the toffee is softer than you think, the combination of toffee and chocolate works well

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
awful candy bar.

who wants to crunch down on hard carmel.

always gets stuck in your teeth.

they are only good to have as a snack minutes before a dentist appointment to get your money's worth out of a cleaning.
I don't remember a Heath Bar consisting of caramel. I think it's made with almonds and toffee, which is agreed extremely rough to crunch on.

MrTop

EOG Master
candy bars are NO good... check the sugar vs a quest bar. There could be lower nutrition bars...but quest only has 1 gram....Keep eating sugar you will have problems down the road.

kane

EOG master
candy bars are NO good... check the sugar vs a quest bar. There could be lower nutrition bars...but quest only has 1 gram....Keep eating sugar you will have problems down the road.

This isn't exactly breaking news Topper, I don't think anyone eats a candy bar thinking it's nutritious. For the most part I eat a lot of fruit, but every now and then an apple just doesn't cut it and I need a Snickers

MrTop

EOG Master
This isn't exactly breaking news Topper, I don't think anyone eats a candy bar thinking it's nutritious. For the most part I eat a lot of fruit, but every now and then an apple just doesn't cut it and I need a Snickers

fruit no good either ...loaded with sugar if you are pre-diabetes

in my day i was a big almond joy / mounds fan

jimmythegreek

It's tough for me to seem mnms as a candy bar. I say no, otherwise the plain ones which I freeze would be at the top of my list. Same holds true for Reeses Pieces not being deemed as a candy bar, though it's ironic you can find both inside existing candy bars.

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Regarding: M&M's - I would NOT call them a Candy Bar unless you get them now in a Candy Bar. I am leaving them off the list for that reason but if we include them they would be in my T5. The Peanut ones

I would have no problem calling this list mine. Solid

Mine

1.) Snickers. You said it all - even the frozen part

2.) Reese's PB Cups. Once again you said a lot. Hard to fault PB and Chocolate. When I eat Chocolate Ice Cream I have to have Peanut Butter on it. Not sure this actually can be considered a "Candy Bar," though but since we are giving some leeway here I will

3.) Nestle Crunch. Something so simple and awesome about Chocolate and Rice

4.) Mr. Goodbar. You will notice all of my list has something in the bar other than Chocolate. Here it is Almonds. Yummmmmmmmmmmm

5.) I like these 4 a lot. If I am "in the mood" for something else I will get it although after all I went thru last year I try and avoid sweets as much as I can.

kane

EOG master
bad read

candy bar, by definition, has to be in the shape of a "bar".

After some careful thinking, you're right, M&M's would be in the "candy" category, not candy bar, we'll put them in the same category with Reece's Pieces, Goobers, and Raisinets

kane

EOG master
Regarding: M&M's - I would NOT call them a Candy Bar unless you get them now in a Candy Bar. I am leaving them off the list for that reason but if we include them they would be in my T5. The Peanut ones

I would have no problem calling this list mine. Solid

Mine

1.) Snickers. You said it all - even the frozen part

2.) Reese's PB Cups. Once again you said a lot. Hard to fault PB and Chocolate. When I eat Chocolate Ice Cream I have to have Peanut Butter on it. Not sure this actually can be considered a "Candy Bar," though but since we are giving some leeway here I will

3.) Nestle Crunch. Something so simple and awesome about Chocolate and Rice

4.) Mr. Goodbar. You will notice all of my list has something in the bar other than Chocolate. Here it is Almonds. Yummmmmmmmmmmm

5.) I like these 4 a lot. If I am "in the mood" for something else I will get it although after all I went thru last year I try and avoid sweets as much as I can.

I forgot about Nestle Crunch, yeah those are good, also unless I'm mistaken, I believe Mr Goodbar has peanuts, not almonds

jimmythegreek

Correct kane Mr Goodbar has regular peanuts. Some well known bars with almonds include Cadbury and Hershey's Almonds, which is a good possibility to be in my top 5 to follow. Mr. Goodbar isn't bad that's for sure, but regular peanuts imo just fall flat compared to almonds.

Not a bad list, but unless you just don't like peanut butter how can Reece's not be in your top 5? I might have to deduct a point off your EOG power rating for this

I actually do love Reces-I ate them exclusively as a kid and sort of moved on to others-but man are they great

Blackcloud

EOG Dedicated

Give me a Hershey's with almonds I place of the twix and I am all in on the rest. Payday was a solid choice at 5. I could go snickers 1 and Reese's 2 on any given day

jimmythegreek

Ok here goes:

5) Reeses Peanut Butter Cups - I used to love the originals, because the combination of peanut butter and chocolate is second to none. Remember the original commercials on how one dipped into the other? Now, you see how there have been various iterations and versions, like crunchy cups and candies built into the cups. The shirt end of the stick? They seemingly get smaller for the stationery ever climbing price of $1.25, so I look for the .69 and .89 bargain prices in CVS and Walgreens.

4) Take 5 - Equally as impressive as the peanut butter and chocolate combination is the nuts and pretzels covered in milk chocolate. This bar just recently returned to the market after making it's underrated debut several years ago and the quality in taste just improved from there.

3) Twix- Milk chocolate, caramel, and a crunchy cookie has been a classic for decades. Love even more the harder to find peanut butter flavor, and they just came out with cookies and cream and green tea versions that are smaller but equally as delicious.

2) Hershey's with Almonds - Of course there are quite a few candy bars out there that combine chocolate with various types of peanuts. However this combination doesn't get any simpler than this, with milk chocolate and a generous serving of chunky almonds on the bottom of the bar. Excellent eaten out of the freezer as long as your teeth can handle it.

1- Krackel/ Nestle Crunch (tie) - Either way you crunch it, the pairing of milk chocolate and crisped rice tops my list here, whether it's Hershey's classic version which is also a renowned classic in miniatures, or Nestle's original which has stood the test of time. Also both excellent ice cold.

Honorable mentions: 5th Avenue, Snickers, Almond Joy, Milky Way, Baby Ruth, and Nutrageous.

Last edited: