winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Here's my top 5:

1. Reggie bar
2. Snickers
3. M & Ms (Peanut)
4. Hershey's with Almonds
5. Reese's

I not only never bought a Reggie bar I made sure never to touch one. I still recall what he did in G4 of the '78 WS when he "hip checked" the ball away allowing the Evil Empire to score a run and end up winning G4 when they should have lost it. If they lose the Dodgers go UP 3-1 and probably win the WS. I was also pissed at the Umps for missing such an easy call. Today replay corrects the error but back then it did not

kane

EOG master
Ok here goes:

5) Reeses Peanut Butter Cups - I used to love the originals, because the combination of peanut butter and chocolate is second to none. Remember the original commercials on how one dipped into the other? Now, you see how there have been various iterations and versions, like crunchy cups and candies built into the cups. The shirt end of the stick? They seemingly get smaller for the stationery ever climbing price of $1.25, so I look for the .69 and .89 bargain prices in CVS and Walgreens.

4) Take 5 - Equally as impressive as the peanut butter and chocolate combination is the nuts and pretzels covered in milk chocolate. This bar just recently returned to the market after making it's underrated debut several years ago and the quality in taste just improved from there.

3) Twix- Milk chocolate, caramel, and a crunchy cookie has been a classic for decades. Love even more the harder to find peanut butter flavor, and they just came out with cookies and cream and green tea versions that are smaller but equally as delicious.

2) Hershey's with Almonds - Of course there are quite a few candy bars out there that combine chocolate with various types of peanuts. However this combination doesn't get any simpler than this, with milk chocolate and a generous serving of chunky almonds on the bottom of the bar. Excellent eaten out of the freezer as long as your teeth can handle it.

1- Krackel/ Nestle Crunch (tie) - Either way you crunch it, the pairing of milk chocolate and crisped rice tops my list here, whether it's Hershey's classic version which is also a renowned classic in miniatures, or Nestle's original which has stood the test of time. Also both excellent ice cold.

Honorable mentions: 5th Avenue, Snickers, Almond Joy, Milky Way, Baby Ruth, and Nutrageous.

great job Jimmy, looks like one of your college football write ups, you really put a lot of thought into it

kane

EOG master
I not only never bought a Reggie bar I made sure never to touch one. I still recall what he did in G4 of the '78 WS when he "hip checked" the ball away allowing the Evil Empire to score a run and end up winning G4 when they should have lost it. If they lose the Dodgers go UP 3-1 and probably win the WS. I was also pissed at the Umps for missing such an easy call. Today replay corrects the error but back then it did not

You gotta love Winky's passion, not ever eating a Reggie bar going back to an incident that took place over 40 years ago

Valuist

EOG Master

Your loss....they were the best.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
You gotta love Winky's passion, not ever eating a Reggie bar going back to an incident that took place over 40 years ago
Thanks kane. Took me awhile to rate them. So many top choices but had to go with my taste and gut.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Not a real chocolate lover, but this is an easy choice for me.

Have run about 40 to 50 marathons and ultras and I would try to hide this candy bar near the halfway point for an energy boost. In fact, until 30 years ago, in the UK, they were sold under the "Marathon" brand.

The bar? Snickers.

richsox24

EOG Master
Ok here goes:

5) Reeses Peanut Butter Cups - I used to love the originals, because the combination of peanut butter and chocolate is second to none. Remember the original commercials on how one dipped into the other? Now, you see how there have been various iterations and versions, like crunchy cups and candies built into the cups. The shirt end of the stick? They seemingly get smaller for the stationery ever climbing price of $1.25, so I look for the .69 and .89 bargain prices in CVS and Walgreens.

4) Take 5 - Equally as impressive as the peanut butter and chocolate combination is the nuts and pretzels covered in milk chocolate. This bar just recently returned to the market after making it's underrated debut several years ago and the quality in taste just improved from there.

3) Twix- Milk chocolate, caramel, and a crunchy cookie has been a classic for decades. Love even more the harder to find peanut butter flavor, and they just came out with cookies and cream and green tea versions that are smaller but equally as delicious.

2) Hershey's with Almonds - Of course there are quite a few candy bars out there that combine chocolate with various types of peanuts. However this combination doesn't get any simpler than this, with milk chocolate and a generous serving of chunky almonds on the bottom of the bar. Excellent eaten out of the freezer as long as your teeth can handle it.

1- Krackel/ Nestle Crunch (tie) - Either way you crunch it, the pairing of milk chocolate and crisped rice tops my list here, whether it's Hershey's classic version which is also a renowned classic in miniatures, or Nestle's original which has stood the test of time. Also both excellent ice cold.

Honorable mentions: 5th Avenue, Snickers, Almond Joy, Milky Way, Baby Ruth, and Nutrageous.
They really have a green tea flavor if twix? Sounds awful.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Ok here goes:

I appreciated Jimmy's reverse countdown format.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I prefer Hershey's chocolate to Nestle's chocolate.

So I would melt an XL Hershey's bar and use Rice Krispies to make my own crunch bar.

No wonder I weighed 230 pounds at one time.

An ex-girlfriend once said, "You need to lose that stomach of yours."

Emphasis on EX-girlfriend.

kane

EOG master
Now that I'm a bit older, I don't eat this stuff nearly as much as when I was a kid. These days I actually prefer dark chocolate, not as sweet as milk chocolate and it's actually good for you when eaten in moderation

jimmythegreek

Actually I'm torn because there are so many good ones out there. I have to stay sharp in case that '20-21 CFB gets suspended or cancelled.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Hershey's dark chocolate bar -- the bigger the better.

Also, dark chocolate has some nutritional value in the form of anti-oxidants.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Baby Ruth, Frozen Charleston Chew, Milk Duds, 100 thousand dollar bar, Snow caps. Not a candy bar but very close.

jimmythegreek

Not a big fan of marshmallow but jobs bars weren't bad back in the day. I preferred the jelly rings though.

jimmythegreek

I also used to like Skor, which in my opinion was Heath Bar's competition and is a less thicker, easier to crunch on and smaller version of the aforementioned.

kane

EOG master
Maybe there will a candy bar called " The Donald "

😁

Sure, I can picture it now. The bar will be orange of course, and full of nuts, whatever the nutritional info is on the wrapper will be filled with lies, and despite the president's claim that the bar is "perfect", just like most things he's touched, it will end up as a big failure.

kane

EOG master
I little surprised no one has mentioned Butterfinger, I used to love them as a kid but haven't had one in a long time, it would take longer to pick the stuff out of your teeth than it did to eat the bar itself

common guy

EOG Senior Member
Agree with the 100,000 grand guys. The Nestle White Chocolate Crunch is buttery good too. PayDay is a good road trip snack A payday and a mountain dew can take me 300 miles.
Heath bars Tasty AF but have tore out my fillings before. Same with big hunk. Same with frozen snickers. I guess I have lost a lot of cavity fillings lol. I use to love BabyRuth bars but Bill Murray ruined that.

kane

EOG master
Agree with the 100,000 grand guys. The Nestle White Chocolate Crunch is buttery good too. PayDay is a good road trip snack A payday and a mountain dew can take me 300 miles.
Heath bars Tasty AF but have tore out my fillings before. Same with big hunk. Same with frozen snickers. I guess I have lost a lot of cavity fillings lol. I use to love BabyRuth bars but Bill Murray ruined that.

Haha, classic fucking movie. The country club where they filmed Caddy Shack was literally 5 minutes from where I grew up and lived at the time

Valuist

EOG Master
I little surprised no one has mentioned Butterfinger, I used to love them as a kid but haven't had one in a long time, it would take longer to pick the stuff out of your teeth than it did to eat the bar itself

They taste good but horrible for the teeth. The orange part would get stuck in one's teeth.

Stevo

EOG Senior Member
There was (or still is) a Canadian candy bar that was my favorite off all time. The wife's family would bring me back a box or two every trip. It came in a purple wrapper and was 4-5 inches long and about an inch around flat bottom. Thin layer of chocolate over a type of delicious crisp.

Been awhile family has gone to Canada. Have not had one in 5 years? Now can't remember name so can't even go online. But want one now!

kane

EOG master
There was (or still is) a Canadian candy bar that was my favorite off all time. The wife's family would bring me back a box or two every trip. It came in a purple wrapper and was 4-5 inches long and about an inch around flat bottom. Thin layer of chocolate over a type of delicious crisp.

Been awhile family has gone to Canada. Have not had one in 5 years? Now can't remember name so can't even go online. But want one now!

Violet Crumble?

jimmythegreek

Picnic?

Valuist

EOG Master
I recently bought a Reese’s only to bite into it and thought I was eating broken glass. Turns out it was little potato chip bits. Terrible idea. Avoid those.