NFL Week 13

Valuist

EOG Master
I haven't bet the Jets yet all season. Actually tempted, getting 7.5 from the Raiders. This is a bad spot for Las Vegas; 4th road game in 6 weeks and 3rd trip to the Eastern time zone. Hard to imagine this team playing anywhere as horrible as they did in Atlanta; it was one of the worst efforts by any team all season. 141 yards in penalties, 5 turnovers, 0 for 2 in the red zone and 40 total rushing yards. But is 7.5 enough? I would've thought closer to 10. I know bookmakers don't like rating a team less than 7-8 points below league average, but the Jets are likely a full 10 points below.

Valuist

EOG Master
Cincy, without Burrow, is pure garbage. Amazing they only lost by 2 to the Giants. The NYG totally dominated them. 80 plays to 46, yardage 386 to 155. The Bengals got one of their 2 TDs on a kickoff return and the other with 2:30 to play in the 4th quarter. The Bengals defensive numbers are terrible, despite the fact they've faced a number of weak QBs; Tyrod Taylor, Mayfield (twice), Minshew, Alex Smith and the combo of Daniel Jones and Colt McCoy. And we have to include Wentz in there. He's been awful this year. It doesn't matter if its Tua or Fitzpatrick, Miami should roll them.

Valuist

EOG Master
The Colts defense has good from good to bad, pretty quickly. If you believe first half stats are often a better indicator than full game stats, because there's no garbage time, check out the Colts' performance in the first half of their last two games. 63 points allowed, and 552 yards allowed. Granted, it was two good offenses in Green Bay and Tennessee, but that is awful.

Valuist

EOG Master
I bet San Francisco +3 (-118) as I suspect this goes to 2 1/2. The Niners are getting more and more players back from injury.

I'm not a big fan of Taysom and yesterday's game just goes to show he's not an NFL QB when facing a decent defense. I'm already down on Falcons +3.5 and think it goes to 3 at some point. I think the game a few weeks ago will prove to be fluky and Ryan will outplay Hill on a passing basis.

MrTop

EOG Master
Disney Aims for Younger, Female Viewer With NFL on Freeform :rolleyes:

Walt Disney Co. is airing an NFL wild-card game in January on five of its TV networks, including its female-focused Freeform channel, as part of an effort to broaden football viewership.

bloomberg

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
I made two big bets today, under 54.5 in Cleveland-Tennessee, and Falcons +3.5 against the Saints. Will wait to see what others are doing. Also, more road trip photos in a few days.

kane

EOG master
I'm not a big fan of Taysom and yesterday's game just goes to show he's not an NFL QB when facing a decent defense. I'm already down on Falcons +3.5 and think it goes to 3 at some point. I think the game a few weeks ago will prove to be fluky and Ryan will outplay Hill on a passing basis.

I haven't gone over the board yet, but I find it odd that the Saints are favored by the same amount the Raiders just were, even without Brees I thought this line would be higher, before the Broncos lost their QB's I believe the Saints were 6, but they're only 3-3.5 over Atlanta? Is there that much difference between Atlanta and Denver?

kane

EOG master
I made two big bets today, under 54.5 in Cleveland-Tennessee, and Falcons +3.5 against the Saints. Will wait to see what others are doing. Also, more road trip photos in a few days.

I'm liking the Falcons as well, I'm thinking since Hill wasn't impressive yesterday if Payton doesn't consider a switch to Jameis

I haven't gone over the board yet, but I find it odd that the Saints are favored by the same amount the Raiders just were, even without Brees I thought this line would be higher, before the Broncos lost their QB's I believe the Saints were 6, but they're only 3-3.5 over Atlanta? Is there that much difference between Atlanta and Denver?

The Atlanta since the firing of Quinn has been much better than Denver. The game they played had a pretty accurate final score reflecting the differences in the teams.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
NYG @ Seattle
Dallas @ Balt
Philly @ GB
Wash @ Pitt

Looks like the NFC Least Standings will remain status quo after weak 13, with the 4-8 NYG leading the way.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I bet San Francisco +3 (-118) as I suspect this goes to 2 1/2. The Niners are getting more and more players back from injury.
SF is a totally different team with a healthy Mosert playing.

About Atl-NO - Atl's D has been much better since the coaching changes. I like the under in it if Julio doesn't play. They really need him to open up the offense.

That is a pretty bad beat there Rail.

Valuist

EOG Master
SF is a totally different team with a healthy Mosert playing.

About Atl-NO - Atl's D has been much better since the coaching changes. I like the under in it if Julio doesn't play. They really need him to open up the offense.

That is a pretty bad beat there Rail.

Sherman already had an INT in his first game back, as well. You can see the poor production in the running game when Mostert was out. Niners were hit as hard as anyone by injuries and some virus positives that caused others to miss games, I don't know how big of an effect playing in AZ will be. They do play there every year. Home field almost meaningless this year anyways.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
One thing we know about the Bears is they beat teams with lesser talent than them. I’m not sure that the Lions have worse talent though. I’m not big on playing some teams outside in December, but the Lions are playing for jobs now. The Lions pissed away the first game also.

kane

EOG master
Real tough board this week, I'm with you guys on the Falcons, the team could have quit, but they've played inspired ball under Raheem Morris, the only other play I've made is a tease with the Raiders and Niners, and a reminder for those looking at the Bills/Niners game, it's being played in Arizona

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
For those who like playing quarters, the Bears have a couple pretty solid trends this year that shows how bad their coaching is. They have scored 2 TD's in the first qtr this season. In the third qtr, they also have scored 2 TD's, one being a KO return. What do they do at halftime for adjustments?

I could see that, then again its Belichek vs Lynn.

Unreal the differential in coaching matchup there. The fact that Lynn has a job right now is unbelievable. He's not the only black coach in the league, no one would blame them for firing such a horrible coach with a 3-8 record right now.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Unreal the differential in coaching matchup there. The fact that Lynn has a job right now is unbelievable. He's not the only black coach in the league, no one would blame them for firing such a horrible coach with a 3-8 record right now.
Teams facing Belichek defenses for the first time fare very poorly also.

kane

EOG master
Hoodie vs Lynn might be one of the biggest coaching mismatches of all time. I want to back the Chargers, but there's no way I'm betting on Lynn to out coach Hoodie