Who is playing the races today?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'll take a look.

The less I play, the better off I am.

Tried Keeneland yesterday and failed.

Good call in Keeneland's eighth race, Try3.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'll be attending EQUESTRICON later this month.

Looks like a fun event.

Last year's inaugural convention was held in upstate New York.

This year's event takes place in Louisville.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Not a chance.

I don't want to battle the crowds or the prices.

General admission at Churchill Downs for the 35th Annual Breeders' Cup is $30 on Friday and $60 on Saturday.

You can get a $10 discount by purchasing tickets in advance.

I want to attend the post position draw on Monday, October 29 and then I'll leave Louisville.

I'll also take in the final workouts of the major contenders before leaving the scene.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Have about 10 close friends who will be in attendance at CD. This years BC doesn’t get my blood boiling. Not many stars .

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
Tempted to chase Lanerie, he’s winless this meet but he typically owns Kentucky, don’t see that lasting.

Also curious that Prat is over but with only rides on a 12/1 and 20/1. I’ll have to play the 12/1 for a little, surely he thinks it’s live?

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Please, no betting (2) horses to WPS in the same race. You are betting against yourself, lol.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
Are you also betting against yourself if you don’t single every horse in any double, pick 3, 4, 5, or 6? Only one horse can win but if you don’t single you’re betting on more than one to win ...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
One of the biggest mistakes at the track: Horseplayers who use multiple horses evenly in horizontal wagers.

Better known as "caveman tickets."

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
JK thats 90% of players maybe more.

and thank goodness, thats one of the few situations basically chalky or near chalky pick 3s and 4s where with a single takeout, with a rebate of some form and due to the large amount of caveman tickets spreading garbage horses evenly the prices can be near or at overlays...

Gabe

Horse racing expert
absolutely the truth trytrytry.

If I had the discipline, I could make a small living betting pick 4s and 5s with a rebate book. If that was all I bet. Only one takeout, plus the rebate.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
100% I could. But I'm too much of a betting junkie with horses. Can't control myself lol.

You probably could too with A-B-C tickets. Seriously, I bet most in this thread could if they combined rebate and lower takeout and bet A-B-C tickets solely.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
blueline I have no idea what that means? can you translate in some detail?

something in the walking ring?

blueline

EOG Master
not a play...I was just pointing out Godolphin has a horse in at hawthorne...dont get to see that very often

Heim

EOG Master
absolutely the truth trytrytry.

If I had the discipline, I could make a small living betting pick 4s and 5s with a rebate book. If that was all I bet. Only one takeout, plus the rebate.

A shop would have to offer you a 120% rebate for you to have any chance.....

Gabe

Horse racing expert
A shop would have to offer you a 120% rebate for you to have any chance.....

Your opinion doesn't matter to me heim. You hide your identity and hid out when I was in Vegas. You have had many chances to say these horrible things to my face and everytime
you have refused. You are fake and no one cares what you think anymore after I proved you were all talk. You've seen 0.0001% of my wagers and think you have a clue. you just mad cause I catch you and your nonsense.

Stop shitting up threads here at EOG, we know you're a bitter unhappy middle-aged man with a wife who can't stand him but let's get over that.

And blueline :D

Gabe

Horse racing expert
Speed been holding at KEENELAND. I gotta visit keeneland one day, a lot of my friends say it's their favorite track.

TRY, have you visited keeneland and did you like it?

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Your opinion doesn't matter to me heim. You hide your identity and hid out when I was in Vegas. You have had many chances to say these horrible things to my face and everytime
you have refused. You are fake and no one cares what you think anymore after I proved you were all talk. You've seen 0.0001% of my wagers and think you have a clue. you just mad cause I catch you and your nonsense.

Stop shitting up threads here at EOG, we know you're a bitter unhappy middle-aged man with a wife who can't stand him but let's get over that.

And blueline :D

lets try to have a couple threads at EOG just talking horses and or drama free attack free..

LOTS of other threads to go at it.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
CD is very special for me, id not trade those in any way shape or form.

but I need to get to Keenland for a long weekend of racing.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
tryx3,

Come to SA and you will have free clubhouse passes, access to Eddie Logan Suites and Baldwin's waiting for you man. I'll also introduce you to a lot of people there.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
im not a Calif sort of guy, more midwestern.
i was at S Anita once quite some time ago would like to go back. Del Mar on the list before return to S anita.

saratoga also i need to go there.

ok gulfstream also.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
There aren't any major tracks in the midwest.

But you are closer than me to the NY and KY tracks, you should definitely check them out. A lot of people complain about how hard it is to get to SARATOGA after landing and how expensive it is but it's definitely a track any racing fan needs to visit.

DEL MAR is great as well. I can get you in free and get you a box seat at DEL MAR so let me know when you are going. I'm going to spend a few days there come Nov.

Valuist

EOG Master
Note to self: Declaration of War offspring can not only handle the dirt, they can move forward. My impression of DoW was he was a Euro and thinking of him as a turf sire. But a glance at his1618686097433.png pps shows his one dirt race was damned good; beaten a head in the 2012 BC Classic. War Empress was making her dirt debut at Kee in race 4, and buried the field by 10 lengths.