2021 MLB thread

Valuist

EOG Master
I know there was another thread but it was getting really big, so I'm starting a new one.

How bad is Blake Snell? I have him rated as one of the lower pitchers in the NL. Worth checking out: this guy Ober on the Twins. Ober reminds me a little of Bieber. Not incredible velocity, but gets a lot of K's and his K/BB ratio all thru the minors was elite. With Buxton back, the Twins are a different team. Also think St Louis could be a good fade today. Skubal has some ability, and Oviedo is awful. And the Cardinals bullpen is beyond horrible. Detroit not going to be the "automatic W" they've been in recent seasons. Bullpen still isn't good, but the starting staff is looking improved.

Valuist

EOG Master
Wow I missed that. Just saw; broken hand due to HBP. Buy sign off the Twins, although this pitcher may be worth riding until the public catches on.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
FWIW
Thus far the Twins have been the number one "GO OVER THE TOTAL " team (42-26-3) in MLB with Cincinnati and the Angels 2 and 3.

Valuist

EOG Master
FWIW
Thus far the Twins have been the number one "GO OVER THE TOTAL " team (42-26-3) in MLB with Cincinnati and the Angels 2 and 3.

From the data at covers, I show the Twins at 25 overs 10 unders and 2 pushes in the games from April 15-19 and May 7-June 18, when Buxton was out. That would make them 17 overs 16 unders and 1 push in games Buxton plays.

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
wander franco - first game tonight --- shortstop - has not hit below .315 in minors - bigtime contact hitter

Tampa rays

wander franco - first game tonight --- shortstop - has not hit below .315 in minors - bigtime contact hitter

Tampa rays
Playing 3B and hitting second tonight. No pressure or anything kid, we're just on a 6 game losing streak.

MrTop

EOG Master
Playing 3B and hitting second tonight. No pressure or anything kid, we're just on a 6 game losing streak.

i see... he cannot move taylor walls from his position... walls has 6 runs saved.. walls must be better at short. Problem is franco does not have power.. maybe another wade boggs at 3rd. Franco was a SS in the minors

Valuist

EOG Master
i see... he cannot move taylor walls from his position... walls has 6 runs saved.. walls must be better at short. Problem is franco does not have power.. maybe another wade boggs at 3rd. Franco was a SS in the minors

He's slugging .586 at AAA so he has some power. The kid is only 20. Many TRUE good hitters develop the HR power later on, rather than just being a swing from your heels type who could overwhelm bad opponents at low levels.

Valuist

EOG Master
I guess I was wrong on Snell. Well, actually only partly wrong. He has been good at home, but he's horrible on the road. Just terrible command. Maybe its the unfamiliarity of the National League mounds. I do not consider yesterday's effort as a buy sign, at least when he's on the road. Clearly a giant home/road dichotemy.

Valuist

EOG Master

Didn't take Wander long to flash some power. Home run in his first MLB game.

MrTop

EOG Master
He's slugging .586 at AAA so he has some power. The kid is only 20. Many TRUE good hitters develop the HR power later on, rather than just being a swing from your heels type who could overwhelm bad opponents at low levels.

i think he will be like altuve or betts at the plate... franco 5-10 in height, small for most power hitters today . However there have been small power hitters like mays.. He won't be a monster threat hitting 35-40+ that is guerrorro or tatis. I was watching him last night. He has an eye much better that tatis. The bar really is not set too high to be tampa's best ever. His bat will take the sting out of losing glasnow

Valuist

EOG Master
i think he will be like altuve or betts at the plate... franco 5-10 in height, small for most power hitters today . However there have been small power hitters like mays.. He won't be a monster threat hitting 35-40+ that is guerrorro or tatis. I was watching him last night. He has an eye much better that tatis. The bar really is not set too high to be tampa's best ever. His bat will take the sting out of losing glasnow

Gotta give that organization credit. I remember some said they would fall apart when Maddon left. I would say that was a bad observation by those who made it.

MrTop

EOG Master
Gotta give that organization credit. I remember some said they would fall apart when Maddon left. I would say that was a bad observation by those who made it.

true.. I never look at the coach in the pro ranks. I look at the history of GM/ player personnel who pick the players with the help of the scouts. Now there are some coach types are also GM'S .. like jimmy johnson , Belichick.. those types could be the best . They know what they are looking for . True some coaches in pro ranks never win but there could be many factors. Just because you had a super bowl coach in the past he can't win without the talent. History says it all.. Let's not forget $$$, the luck factor. Injuries, mental health, players getting involved with the law. Belichick lost in cleveland... last year with NE.. ...same with landry & dallas This goes with 5 star QB.. they lost to average QB.. how. The other 21 players/ special teams were better... see brady 2x vs giants..

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
A quick Two thumbs down and a middle finger up vent:
1. ( correct me if I'm wrong )
MGM Grand and their properties still have their rip off 20 cent lines at MLB -BARF
2. The Boyd Properties is offering a minimum of 18 cent lines which quickly jumps much higher as the price gets higher. BARF
3. William Hill on the phone app. If you bet anything at any amount on baseball and want to press your bet later- It is not allowed. BARF

A quick Two thumbs down and a middle finger up vent:
1. ( correct me if I'm wrong )
MGM Grand and their properties still have their rip off 20 cent lines at MLB -BARF
2. The Boyd Properties is offering a minimum of 18 cent lines which quickly jumps much higher as the price gets higher. BARF
3. William Hill on the phone app. If you bet anything at any amount on baseball and want to press your bet later- It is not allowed. BARF
The Boyd news sucks, kind of shocked by that since they are so locals focused. Is Stations still doing 15 cent MLB?

MGM started the 20 cent lines a decade ago. Robert Walker put it in and said everyone should do this, baseball should be no different than other sports.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Stations are ten cent lines- GOOD for them!
William Hill is also 1O cent lines and has a great menu
but I don't agree with and don't understand the can't press your bet rule on the phone app.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
The Boyd news sucks, kind of shocked by that since they are so locals focused. Is Stations still doing 15 cent MLB?

MGM started the 20 cent lines a decade ago. Robert Walker put it in and said everyone should do this, baseball should be no different than other sports.
many years ago unpopular Robert Walker achieved a well deserved reputation for screwing over bettors and underperforming at his supervisor positions.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
like KC getting +145 don't think tx has been this big a fav all year. After winning yesterday they go for two in a row, the last time they did that was May23rd.

Valuist

EOG Master
I see no reason to stop betting Colorado today. What? Wainwright is in good form? Well lets take a look at his home road splits. This year, his home ERA is 2.55 while a poor 6.31 on the road. Too small a sample size? Ok, let's take the last full season, 2019, and its very similar: home ERA of 2,56, road ERA of 6.22. Almost identical to this year.

And what is Wainwright known for? His curveball, and we know what happens (or actually, what DOESN"T happen) with curves at Coors Field.

Valuist

EOG Master
The Dodgers lineup tonight does NOT include Betts, Muncy and Bellinger. The Twins without Cruz and Donaldson. Posey and Yaz out for the Giants and O'Neill and DeJong out for St Louis.

Valuist

EOG Master
Ohtani's hitting numbers batting the day after he pitches:

34 at bats
14 hits
.412 BA
2 doubles
5 home runs
.912 slugging percentage

So much for being worn out from pitching.

Valuist

EOG Master
Many may find this hard to believe, but Detroit is 31-25 since May 5th. The Tigers are no longer an automatic "W" for the opponent.

Many may find this hard to believe, but Detroit is 31-25 since May 5th. The Tigers are no longer an automatic "W" for the opponent.
I have cashed quite a few Tigers tickets recently, many at big prices. All the losses since mid-June have been at big dog prices, minimizing the damage when I do have a loser.

Valuist

EOG Master
Anyone who had the Nationals full game last night may have had the roughest beat of the season. It's 8-0 Washington, in the 4th inning, when a relief pitcher, called up from AAA earlier in the day, starts a rally with a grand slam off Scherzer. Then they walk it off late. The biggest comeback for San Diego in 47 years,

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Anyone who had the Nationals full game last night may have had the roughest beat of the season. It's 8-0 Washington, in the 4th inning, when a relief pitcher, called up from AAA earlier in the day, starts a rally with a grand slam off Scherzer. Then they walk it off late. The biggest comeback for San Diego in 47 years,

It was some shot too! His brother went crazy...great stuff

Last edited:
And on the flip side nothing quite like the feeling of a definite loser turning into a winner.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I have cashed quite a few Tigers tickets recently, many at big prices. All the losses since mid-June have been at big dog prices, minimizing the damage when I do have a loser.
In past 30 days - They are top ten vs Lefties all of baseball woba and slg

What are the real odds of a team coming back from 8-0? Especially against a star pitcher, betting +2500 over time is just throwing money away.

Yes, though if one wishes to cover a very large bet on the other side, that would provide insurance for pennies on the dollar.