2024 Deaths (Pool)......

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Max Azzarello, 37, guy who lit himself on fire yesterday in NY near courthouse where Trump trial is being held.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Howie Schaub. He was the trivia expert on ESPN’s Stump the Schaub show.

Devastating!

FLAT OUT DEVASTATING!

As nice of a guy as there has ever been. NO ONE can say a bad word about him. NO ONE! Before ESPN and other networks were computerized and could look up stats in seconds - there was Howie. He could tell you the first or last time someone did something. In any sport. He was a walking stats book.

His (first) wife Jodi had some health issues. He took time off work to care for her until she died. He got married again and was with his 2nd wife for 5+ years until now.

When I went thru all I did 5 year ago he reached out to me every so often to see how I was doing, even though we last saw each other in 1991.

On the day of the 2023 Super Bowl, long time ESPN Producer Barry Sacks died - from a massive heart attack. I addressed that here and other places. That was a crushing blow. SO! IS! THIS! We last communicated a few weeks ago and he was going to join our Fantasy Football league this season.

In 1991 I managed to get on the ESPN softball team "The Barnstormers" for the "Hartford Morning Modified League." Howie and Barry were on the team. Howie did not play much - for obvious reasons. The day of the title game, I brought my 35MM camera. After we won, we took a team picture. By dumb luck, Barry stood in front of me and Howie to my left. I submitted the pic to those who put together the in-house newsletter, and they put it in the next edition.

I now realize how fortunate I was to have brought my camera, because without it, the cherished pic I have with them does not exist.

If you go to Twitter you will see all sorts of tributes from BIG names in the industry for Howie. I know some will pop up on YouTube, too. On Monday's show I know Dan Patrick will take some time to reminisce about Howie.

#RIPHowieSchwab - you are missed

Attachments

• HMML - Champions - Howie_Barry.jpg
    HMML - Champions - Howie_Barry.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 4

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Geez, only 63 😳

Honestly - not at all shocking he died earlier than he should have. He didn't take good care of himself and his obesity did not help. Sad to see him pass - but if you knew of his health problems - not at all a surprise

Heim

EOG Master
I wonder how much longer Frank 'The Tank' of Barstool fame has? He's double Schwab's size and also a trivia buff.

Portnoy and company promote his sports knowledge heavy on IG.

He drinks 10 cokes a day.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I wonder how much longer Frank 'The Tank' of Barstool fame has? He's double Schwab's size and also a trivia buff.

Portnoy and company promote his sports knowledge heavy on IG.

He drinks 10 cokes a day.
Frank the Tank has been working out. He's posted something like 200+ walks in a row over 200+ days. He's below 340 now and has lost 75 pounds.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Wow! I didn't know. He was my favorite all time Ram. I remember when he made a special appearance on Gilligan's Island.